Message to Whiterun, Season Unending, The Fallen bug?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Goaldfndr

I am doing these 3 quests concurrently, however, I am stuck at the point where I can't give the axe to Jarl Ulfric, I can't get a forward option for General Tulius, and me speaking to the Greybeard's doesn't update the quest. Basically I cannot move forward because they are hinging on each other, and I think I ran into quite the nasty bug. Am I missing something?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
If you're not on a PC, I don't know of any way to potentially circumvent any of this :sadface:

Goaldfndr

Just for my own curiosity, is it something a patch would end up fixing (which to me is what I think the problem is), or should I test a couple of side quests that might possible help it?

Herse

I have the same problem as you mate, I have tried too many things, I just left it and am just waiting for a patch which works...

Cesian

ps3 and pc can spam the talk button on ulfric while theyre talking about the quest galmar has for you. v.v xbox360 users are pretty much fluffed QQ

Goaldfndr

Yes, I reported it to Bethesda. Hopefully they do something.
I can't spam the talk button, he won't let me talk to him at all.

jwednesday7

I'm on xbox 360 and having the exact same problem. It says to deliver to axe to the Jarl of Whiterun, the map marker leads me out to the great porch at Dragonsreach but he's never there. Does anyone know what to do?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Patch 1.4 fixes this problem

Bethesda Blog - 1.4 update now on Steam said:
Fixed issue where progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests

tdoap

I'm having the same problem, and still the latest patch did not fix it. I'm on an xbox, and cannot proceed any further without it. Any ideas?

tdoap

I honestly don't remember. I haven't played the game in a few months, hoping they would fix the bug but still no luck. I have no idea what to do and can't progress any further in the main story without this.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Patches that fix bugs associated with quests will not fix them in a saved game where they have already shown up. They can't alter the data in the saved game and will only fix the problem in new games or in games where you haven't progressed to whatever triggers the bug.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts