PC Message to Whiterun / Battle of Whiterun (Stormcloaks) won't complete/initiate.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

the_leif

I'm at the point where I've returned Ulfric's axe to him. He goes into his conversation with his second in command, and when he finishes I get the objective "Wait for Ulfric's orders" completed. Ulfric will then attempt to talk to me, but instead of a scripted conversation, I receive the regular speech menu. (e.g. "How is the war going", "How did you become Jarl of Eastmarch", etc)

If I exit, he will approach me again, and the same thing will happen. I've tried completing the quest through console, which works, but it doesn't automatically initiate Battle for Whiterun, and I've been unable to start it manually through console.

I contacted Bethesda, and they suggested I verify integrity of game cache via Steam (done, OK) or try an earlier save. This doesn't seem to help. Their only other advice is to start a new game.

Does anyone know how I can get around this issue? I'm at level 17 now, and I really don't like the idea of losing all my hard work.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Is the saved game you are loading from before the quest loaded into your journal? If not is there a saved game from before the quest loaded into your journal that you can use?

the_leif

Is the saved game you are loading from before the quest loaded into your journal? If not is there a saved game from before the quest loaded into your journal that you can use?

Yeah, the saves I've tried using have been during the Jagged Crown quest. That quest completes and initiates Message to Whiterun just fine, without a problem.

the_leif

I've determined the issue through trial and error, and it's related to the Open Cities Skyrim mod. I'll notify the mod's author.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts