Merchant chests... Did Bethesda want us to find them?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FcSteezey

Example:

So if these are so easily accessed are we supposed to find them? And what exactly are they there for?

Icy Seeker

>Are we supposed to find them?
I don't think they designed the game for you to go through walls.
>What exactly are they there for?
The items you trade to the merchants have to go some where right.;)

Halkin

pzzzztt
no they werent supposed to be found, in my opinion. why are they there? maybe a quick fix, that should be fixed

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
If they weren't meant to be found then you wouldn't be able to access them now after 4 patches. I didn't know about this one & I've heard of the Dawnstar Chest but haven't tried it yet.

But I know & use the Whiterun Chest in the early days of a character to boost my Gold.
Now if Bethesda didn't want us to access the Whiterun Chest then the barrel wouldn't be in the position it is in Whiterun.

Halkin

pzzzztt
If they weren't meant to be found then you wouldn't be able to access them now after 4 patches. I didn't know about this one & I've heard of the Dawnstar Chest but haven't tried it yet.

But I know & use the Whiterun Chest in the early days of a character to boost my Gold.
Now if Bethesda didn't want us to access the Whiterun Chest then the barrel wouldn't be in the position it is in Whiterun.
i havent found any of them yet, and wont go looking, but they should be fixed (c'mon beth)

PelagiusIV

Never knew about these. Not sure if I'd actually use them, I like the feeling of earning what I have. But if I'm desperate or feeling lazy I might try it. Do these work on the 360 too or just the PC?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Indeed. I can access the one in Dawnstar on both the 360 and the PS3. I'd like to find the others.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I'll check out the Riften chest later this morning on the 360.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

Halkin

pzzzztt
i considered using the chests (not that i could even find them) but even with self imposed restrictions money is too easy to come by

Jersey Dagmar

Found the one in Whiterun. I love glitching off the intended map. Always did it in Red Dead.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I was the doing the same in Red Dead as well, as well as AC:Brotherhood

Jersey Dagmar

Sadly, Rockstar has fixed all the off map glitches in Red Dead. Huge bummer. Let's hope Bethesda doesn't do the same with these gems. I love walking underneath people and buildings!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
This one works on the 360.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts