Memories of Skeldr Wine-Eye

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
In a long abandoned cave lies the body of a Nord. Dressed in ragged clothing, the hooded man's body remained frozen in the position that he was in at the moment of his death. Pen in hand, his own blood bathing the pages of a journal left at his feet.

--------------------------------------------------​
3rd day of Last Seed, year 201 of the Fourth Era

This is the last day in my home. This is the last day I can sit idly by. We are in danger, my home is in danger. They don't believe me. These FOOLS don't believe me. The visions are coming with even greater frequency. These are truly the end of days.​
The sky will split, pouring darkness and fire onto the land of Tamriel. The mountains that reach the sky will crumble at the feet of people who created it. A king will set foot in his homeland once more and it will mean the end of all things living. King of All, Avatar of Akatosh
I took the news of my visions to Jarl Siddgeir to no avail. After many nights of traveling down the main road to Falkreath, I was all but laughed from the Jarl's Longhouse. The boy is as foolish as he is arrogant, and as he ignores his subjects, we suffer, and his people will fall. If there was anything I could do to prevent the loss of my home, I wouldn't hesitate to stand up to this looming threat. It is unfortunate that I am so feeble. Not since the accident have I even thought to lift a sword...I am beginning to think that it will again be necessary.

They think me crazy. They are wrong.

5th day of Last Seed, year 201 of the Forth Era

I have allowed myself some time to settle in to my, hopefully, temporary quarters before I continued my writings. At the conclusion of my latest entry, I promptly gathered what I could and loaded what little I could take with me on horseback. If the dragons are bound to return, Markarth would be the safest place to seek refuge. A city built into the mountains offers natural defenses that these other holds cannot offer me.
My visions are becoming more and more violent, it is becoming extremely difficult to go about my day. The prophesies are always the same, the return of a great darkness plagues the land and many people die. I fear that as these visions are happening with such frequency, they may come to fruition at any time.

-The next few lines are illegible. An apparent wax spillage obscures the text-

In any case, I do not think that I can stay here in Markarth permanently. I have already experienced the dirty looks from the Inn keepers... as my visions become more severe, they are beginning to become spectacles. I have been taken to the local healer twice in the short time I have been here. I have to try to keep a low profile. This is not helping.

10th day of Last Seed, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

I managed to hide this journal before i was arrested. The law inforcement in this town in corrupt. After I had finished writing my last entry, another vision came, more violent than ever. I lost control of my body, and knocked over just about all the things in this room. Wax from my candle spilled on this journal and I couldn't salvage what was ruined. This vision had to have been a different even than what I have been seeing the past few weeks. I could not decipher any of the images, it was like there was something wrong. Perhaps it is because I cannot percieve these visions if I believe that the world will end with the dragon's return.
That blasted inn keeper heard the commotion coming from my quarters and called the guard. He had to have known that there was not any actual danger happening, it had happened a number of times before. The Jarl told me that I was arrested because I caused the injury of a guard in my prophetic fit, I do not recall. Perhaps the Inn keeper just needed an excuse to get the lunatic out of his inn and had me arrested.
Be that as it may, I was sure to hide this journal in the room that I had been staying in, lest it be confiscated by the authorities. I cannot stay here anymore, I feel no safer here than I would have in Helgen.

16th day of Last Seed, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

I left Markarth. At least I left the walls. If I cannot feel safe within a walled city, I do not know if I can feel safe anywhere. A lovely family of dunmer took me in, they owned a ranch on the southern road out from the city. They are the first to believe that my visions are real. They must have a family member with the sight as well. Over the past week that I have been here, they've helped me control the physical reactions when the sight comes to me.
I am constantly seeing things.
When I suffered my wounds in battle, I lost my ability to fight effectively, so I began to, at least try, to study magic. A Nord Magician? Preposterous.
The more that I think about it, however, the more that my assault charge from a week ago makes sense. The patriarch of this family, Revral, told me that he believes that my ill refined skill in magic could have caused me to start discharging spells as I fell into fits of prophecy.
As such, he has been teaching me in what he knows about magic. I am grateful, this man has potentially saved my life.

18th day of Last Seed, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

Foolish. FOOLISH! I have heard word among the Markarth guard that Alduin has indeed returned, and he has completely destroyed Helgen.
My visions were indeed correct, and nobody beleived me, and my home paid the price. This is too tragic to tell anybody that I told them so. These are truly the end times. Surely the return of Alduin has signaled the return of the rest of the Dovah as well.
It has not reached this far west, but I know that the World Eater's underlings will begin emerging in this area. I have to return to Helgen. I need to return home. They may not have treated me like a person but Helgen is where I was raised, I have to see what has become of it.
Revral and his family have been more than hospitible, they even gave me supplies for the trip back. I am going to need them, with all the potential danger, I cannot afford to stop.​
Alduin clouds my sight
I look back, all I see is darkness
Visions of things to come are all
the king of the dragons

What am I going to do without Revral curbing my visions?

20th day of Last Seed, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

It is over. On the eighteenth of Last Seed I rode as swiftly as possible from Markarth to my home in Helgen, and my greatest fears were realized as I reached the outer wall.
Alduin had in fact returned with the dragons to end the world, and he started with my home.
Helgen was little more than a mound of stone, I can only assume that all of the people that I lived concurrently with did not make it out of the city. There was no life, no friendly life, anywa. While there were no indigenous Helgen citizens within what was left of the walls, petty bandits made the ruins their home.
How disrespectful.
I am in no condition to fight anybody, lucky for me, Revral helped me control my magical potential just a little more, and I covered my escape with illusion magic and the bandit dogs were none the wiser.
Should I return to Markarth? There is not much for me here, I have taken up shelter in a roadside inn on the southern side of the mountains that surround Helgen. I guess I will have to come up with something soon enough.

25th day of Last Seed, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

Something amazing has happened. My visions have been clouded these past few weeks, I cannot see much more than the lord Akatosh's avatar, but I catch glimpses. I have taken to horseback, looking for something, something to call my own. I have no home, my family is gone, and at the worst, the world could be coming to an end. I ended up in Whiterun a few days ago, and in my dreams...​
...in my dreams I saw a hero strong and true
he had no face but spoke the tongue of the dragon
A vision which did not cripple me...
...but a day later, the silence in skyrim in broken when the graybeards called from the mountain. The Dragonborn has returned, that is the only explaination. My dream and the men on the mountain calling, perhaps we are not as doomed as I first thought.

27th day of Last Seed, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

Dragon attack....dragon attack....
-the rest of the entry is obscured by blood-

7th day of Heartfire, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

I was able to recover my book once again, it was lost to me for some time. During the end of the harvest day, a dragon attacked the outer wall of the city and felled the citizens into a blind panic. It was chaos. In the confusion, I was overwraught with rapidly occuring visions of the future. It seemed as if the future itself did not even know the way it was intended to go.
I had managed to go weeks without a vision crippling me to the point of non-function, I guess the universe was making up for it.
As the guard tried to deal with the panicking townsfolk, a particularly powerful vision came to me and I lost any control of my body, and fell into a guardsman's blade. It was in passing, so I understand why he would not have noticed, but the wound was bad enough for me to bleed rivers.
I managed to return to my quarters in the inn, in spite of my grevious wound, and I scrawled an entry into this journal before I lost consciousness. I could not tell you what I had written, though, I smeared blood all over the page.
That was the last thing I remember before waking up in the temple of kynareth. It seems a priestess had been attending my wounds for a little while.

8th day of Heartfire, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

Eight pillars
Eight dark vineers
The World-Eater's foundation hold him up strong
The hero foretold raises his blade to the sky
Striking down the support beams of the avatar of Akatosh
Five return from darkness
I have been ciphering through the visions I have been having. They are coming with greater frequency again, I am starting to be able to see what is trying to make itself known. All I know now is that the Dragonborn is to strike down Alduin by starting with his support, what ever that means.

12th day of Heartfire, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

It is a shame, this injury is keeping me from moving onto where I need to go. Thank the nine that it is healing the way it has been, much faster and better than my last grevious injury.
I used to be a knight, you know. A real knight, I never used to be so broken.
The visions have been coming my entire life, at first in my dreams, but as I grew into adolescence they worked their way into my waking life. Soon enough the visions were coming to me on the battlefield, and one day, I just slipped.
Needless to say, I would not be the same again, and neither would my ability to walk.

I have not picked up a sword since then, and I am not sure that I ever will.

20th day of Heartfire, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

I had to make a tough decision. When I had heard that the Dragonborn returned to the Jarl of Whiterun with a plan to capture a dragon, I had every urge in my body to witness the event transpire. To prevent myself from incurring any more potentially fatal injuries, I decided to leave Whiterun.
I need to lay low, at least for now. This is too important for me to ignore, I may not have any part in the prophecy or have any power to stop the events of my visions from happening, but it's too much to just forget about.
I will be staying in a close proximity to Whiterun though, as a sentry I guess.

21st day of Hearthfire, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

I suppose something happened. I watched the Jarl's house from a guard tower as a dragon attacked the city. He went inside, and then after some time, the dragon emerged and flew from the city.
I have not the slightest idea where it could have gone and what happened up there, I hope that it was something promising, all I can do is wait. All I can do is wait.
I found a cave that I am going to take shelter in, it appears to have been furnished by a prior resident, but it seems abandoned.

22nd day of Heartfire, Year 201 of the Fourth Era

He is gone. The dragonborn had to have done something. I woke up this morning, and my visions were devoid of the World-Eater. It was like the Nine plucked him right from my sight. So, I believe, with the greatest hope, the dragonborn slew the World-Eater Alduin and prevented the end of the world.
But it is bitter sweet, in the wake of Alduin's removal, I have been flooded with visions. New visions. Frightening visions.​
Darkness will emerge from its slumber
the children of darkness will wage war on the light
and the sun will sleep for eternity

I do not know what it means...I did no recognize any faces in that one, and more troubling that was not the only prophesy I experienced. A second prophetic vision came shortly after.​
A great king falls
and a five pointed star takes his place
An ancient evil reaches from the dark realm
Maddened by Hermaus Mora

If the daedra are involved, I don't -
-the journal ends abruptly-​

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts