McDonalds RANT- warning: strong emotions, read with caution

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
While I don't know what a CBO is, never again will I toss a single septim to McDonalds. So rather than hijack Lord Sok's thread, I've decided to compose my own regarding this insidious institution in the form of a rant, one that is long overdue.

You see, they infuriate me with their false advertising "breakfast all day" campaign, whereby they feature visually the Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit- one of my favorite fast food creations I've ever consumed. SO thrilled was I to discover that I could now obtain one any time I wanted!! Understand, I am no morning person and thus- the Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit was an extremely rare treat in the best of times. One does not simply rise that early... but oh the buttery-biscuity, bacony-eggy-cheesy delightfullness... news of their all-day availability was a revelation! So it was, that fateful day that I piloted my conveyance to the nearest McDonalds with much delight to obtain the coveted sandwich of morning goodness which, I would relish with the utmost extreme delight. I could already taste it: Imagine my anticipation as I stated my order to the listening device. Today was to be a glorious day indeed.

The speaker behind the device intoned a response precipitated by my order that rendered me paralyzed with paroxysms of profound perturbation. Yes, breakfast is served all day. Unless, that is: a biscuit is involved. ALL DAY BREAKFAST!!!! (unless it has anything to do with a biscuit) But.. there's a damned Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit on the damned sign you're using to advertise the damned all day breakfast you retched infantile idiot dog!! What despicable lord of Oblivion is behind this abhorrent scheme?! Could it be you, Malacath? OR- Vile, is that YOU that I smell?? What is the true incarnation of Ronald McDonald?!? Who or whatever it may turn out to be has been revealed as the most nefarious of ALL fast food lords... and never, EVER, again will I contribute naught but the snot from my nose to the putrid establishment. Take your hip advertising and your futile rebranding and shove it up a yak's sphincter!!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
So... you're upset because.... a big corporation made false advertising in hopes of drawing in more consumers/customers, just like all the big corporations have done for years and years, happening so much so, that we should all have learned our lesson by now?

... Your local grocer is your friend bro. Just saying. You can make as many of those delicious treats alllll daaaay loooong. Every day. For the rest. Of. Your. Life.

Unless... that ISN'T what you are ranting about... in which case... I have no idea. It was hard to read. :p

You're welcome. :)

PS: Sup fellow forumer! ;)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Side note. In said advertising they say at participating locations more often than not. You could always try another McDonald's. But I'm guessing it's a one chain town. I lived in one. I know thy pain.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Ah yes. The "Participating Stores" shtick. <wow, apparently that is an actual word, spell checker didn't attack it.

Gotta watch out for that one though. ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT. That's how they getcha. And getcha good. ;)

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
... Your local grocer is your friend bro. Just saying. You can make as many of those delicious treats alllll daaaay loooong. Every day. For the rest. Of. Your. Life.
PS: Sup fellow forumer! ;)

Oh but you're wrong! My local grocer lacks the required chemicals necessary for me to produce said delicious treats on my own. Point taken though.

Sup. :beermug:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Side note. In said advertising they say at participating locations more often than not. You could always try another McDonald's. But I'm guessing it's a one chain town. I lived in one. I know thy pain.
Indeed Seanu, therein lies the issue. All of the local stores are participating in the all day breakfast promotion. They offer breakfast all day. Just not the particular item that I desire, even though it's pictured on the ad.

Realize though, fellow forumers- though I was certainly irritated on the day this occurred, I composed the rant largely in jest. :beermug:

Interesting. I ran into the same problem while I was on a trip out of town and needed an easy breakfast. I must say though it was an issue of timing and nothing to do with the type of sandwhich it was.
Apparently even though they had the sign out advertising all day breakfast and I mean it was only 10 am anyway, an hour after they normally stop serving breakfast I think - I tried to order a sausage biscuit and am told, oh sorry that sign we have up isn't true. We don't serve breakfast all day. Like wtf guys. I get that they're a corporation and all but sometimes I just want to be able to pull into a drive thru and get what I want to get. Anyway I ended up going somewhere else to get breakfast but it was definitely irritating. I'm not a morning person either and that day I just wanted a damn sausage biscuit and to be on my way. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Hasn't Jack In The Box been offering anytime breakfast for a while now? Dunno why McDonald's gotta make such a big deal about it, especially since it's not true, as Kohlar amusingly pointed out.

Have a few of these, my friend. :beermug::beermug::beermug::beermug::beermug::beermug: Not a true substitute for a biscuit, but anyway. I'm sure somebody somewhere has invented a bacon and egg flavored beer. :D:eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts