May I take a moment to compliment all of you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I have to say that the Skyrim forum is the best. Y'all are the best. Y'all actually make a forum fun.

Having begun my journey through Dragon Age Inquisition, I decided to check in to a forum I've used before (lord knows why since I hated it before) (GameFAQ by the way).

For them it's all about beating 70+ hour RPG, open world (sort of) game in 12 hours and exploiting every single thing they can to become these OP beings that just rip through the game.

I'm 12 hour in and have barely scratched the surface.

We spend our time discussing minutia and finds and those little things that give us joy in Skyrim. I love it! Sure we give tips and some exploits and make it a point to enjoy the game as it is.

I ran in to the same thing in the Dragon Age Dogma forums in the same location. You get treated like your stupid or an idiot (and get told so) if you don't play the game their way and play it exactly as they say to and exploit every glitch and power yourself up so high that you don't even have any fun.

You guys (and gals) are primo! You love the game and you want to enjoy it, not just beat it and move on to the next game where you can shoot something. You want to make it an experience, not just a challenge.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents worth and sending all of you Thanksgiving love and letting you know that you are one of the many things I am thankful for. :)

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Almost brought a tear to my eye, then I remembered I don't cry

Agree though, wouldn't be such a cool place without ppl like you Daelon

Daelon DuLac

Almost brought a tear to my eye, then I remembered I don't cry
Well, except for the hangover this last weekend, eh? Hope you had a great time! Mines coming up end of the year so it'll be one continuous party from Xmas eve through New Years day. I'll probably need most of January to recover. Just like every year!

Daelon DuLac

I deleted my gamefaqs account before I even got into Skyrim. That place is full of c#nts.

The gamefaqs forums are a haven of prejudice and narrow thinking. Unworthy of one such as me.
Couldn't agree more. Nothing takes the fun out of a game than being told how you MUST play it and that you're an idiot if you don't. On the other hand, at least you can exploit the heck out of those folks and get them to give you a bunch of great stuff so you can sell it and have plenty of money to play the game the way you want to. :)

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I concur. Tis the place to be. Logging on here isn't unlike walking into the Retching Netch, where familiar people are seen sitting around tables, conversing in the common tongue, drinking various beverages. :beermug:

I've wondered, what becomes of this forum once TES 6 comes out?

Daelon DuLac

I concur. Tis the place to be. Logging on here isn't unlike walking into the Retching Netch, where familiar people are seen sitting around tables, conversing in the common tongue, drinking various beverages. :beermug:

I've wondered, what becomes of this forum once TES 6 comes out?
Hey, if we can discuss TESO on this same forum, I betcha we can add 6 as well! They better or I'll throw the hissy-fit to end all hissy-fits!
upload_2014-11-24_11-29-45.jpeg

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
It's been my experience that this forum is indeed unique in the gaming world. Most other forums are nothing but cess pools of hate and judgement. At least that has been my experience. Want some real abuse? Be a fan of Fallout 3 and join No Mutants Allowed. See how that goes... Of course, with an open mind it can be quite hilarious. One of the big debates is whether or not Fallout 3 will be remembered in the future. To this day the haters claim that it will not be relevant or remembered, apparently not realizing that their continued public hatred only serves to perpetuate that which they hate... a game that was released 6 years ago. Those isometric view guys are an especially hateful bunch.

Pete

I've been playing Dragon Age, now Awakening again. Those games have really good plot, cause & effect story lines. I'm waiting for inquisition since I've got a few more Dragon Age packs to replay. People who rush through the game are missing the whole point of the series. Nuff said.

I'm due to return to Skyrim in a few months. Its nice to just take a break.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
This forum surprised me as well. I was expecting to be active for maybe a day or so, shut up a few smarmy trolls, then go my merry way.

Instead, I encountered educated individuals who actually give a crap about their fellow posters and the integrity of their gaming. GG, everyone.

Daelon DuLac

I've been playing Dragon Age, now Awakening again. Those games have really good plot, cause & effect story lines. I'm waiting for inquisition since I've got a few more Dragon Age packs to replay. People who rush through the game are missing the whole point of the series. Nuff said.

I'm due to return to Skyrim in a few months. Its nice to just take a break.
Give it a shot. I haven't done all the DLC's and add-ons for DA's yet either, but the new game is a kick in the crotch. :)

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
It is an interesting and unique place.

An irreverent group of A-holes, no doubt, but you are MY group of irreverent A-holes DAMMIT!

I enjoy a much about this place, but other than the obvious acquaintances that I've made which go without saying though I guess I just said it so it was more something that could have gone without saying but I refused to do so... the thing I've enjoyed perhaps best is that during my time here is that several of my characters I've made that I was of which I'm quite fond and with whom I've spent much time have gained somewhat a level of fame and recognition by the community.

It always make me laugh when someone makes a toy sword or ragged trouser reference when speaking to (or about) me or some similar comment.

Last edited:

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
One thing I would like to point out: Inquisition was released just this year. Games on release tend to have a grand influx of all sorts; though, primarily, the sorts that take up on forums earliest on are the rushers, whiners, enthusiasts, and exploiters. Each have their own reasons for joining and voicing their opinions and "facts", but the most vocal are often belonging to groups we don't assimilate well with. At least, for me, the whiners make me cringe the most. As a game matures in age, so does its base of followers. In a year to two years there will (most likely) be far less of the people rushing to craze about their endeavors, whiners whining about inbalances, bugs, game design and so on; those who are enthusiastic early on only to burn themselves out, and exploiters who, in their own way, make everyone else feel bad and, yet, so self-righteous at the same time.

The people that tend to stick around, or even join later, are the gamers that feel a stronger connection to the game base foundation. We fundamentally enjoy the game. We like socializing and sharing experiences with others who feel the same. Of course, by "we" I don't mean this forum. I mean to include all forums for games, young and old, that eventually dwindle to a steady user base... It's kinda like how Scrib Jelly will cure blight, but so many succumb to the Scrib's paralyzing touch and die before discovering its wonderful properties.

Last edited:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
This is the only forum I ever ventured on to, being new to gaming as I was. Couldn't ask for a better bunch of people. Some on here I count as RL friends. Skyrim was something special to me when I was going through a difficult time and to find others who loved the game as much as me I see as a blessing. I have nothing but fondness for pretty much everyone on here, and for a special few I WUUB LOONG TIME! *sprinkles hearts over forums* <3<3

<3 <3 <3 <3<3<3 <3<3<3 <3<3<3

<3<3<3 <3<3<3 <3<3<3

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
This is the only forums I've felt a connection to. Joined as a newb with little knowledge of TES, learned more than I could imagine from wonderful people here. Made some good friends, some are gone, some still around.

I did not realise how much time I've spent on these forums until someone called me part of the "Old Guard" a little while ago. Still remember when I first joined, days of being shy and uncertain. It is nice being part of a small welcoming community.

Daelon DuLac

One thing I would like to point out: Inquisition was released just this year. Games on release tend to have a grand influx of all sorts; though, primarily, the sorts that take up on forums earliest on are the rushers, whiners, enthusiasts, and exploiters. Each have their own reasons for joining and voicing their opinions and "facts", but the most vocal are often belonging to groups we don't assimilate well with. At least, for me, the whiners make me cringe the most. As a game matures in age, so does its base of followers. In a year to two years there will (most likely) be far less of the people rushing to craze about their endeavors, whiners whining about inbalances, bugs, game design and so on; those who are enthusiastic early on only to burn themselves out, and exploiters who, in their own way, make everyone else feel bad and, yet, so self-righteous at the same time.

The people that tend to stick around, or even join later, are the gamers that feel a stronger connection to the game base foundation. We fundamentally enjoy the game. We like socializing and sharing experiences with others who feel the same. Of course, by "we" I don't mean this forum. I mean to include all forums for games, young and old, that eventually dwindle to a steady user base... It's kinda like how Scrib Jelly will cure blight, but so many succumb to the Scrib's paralyzing touch and die before discovering its wonderful properties.
I do agree with you, buy, particularly on that particular forum, they DD.DA community has remained unchanged and turned the entire experience sour for me. They form a clique that,if you do not follow their rules,ostracize you and limit your options. Especially in a game like that, you are required to hire the "creations" of theirs and, if you do not treat them exactly as they prescribe, they quite literally limit you to the poor selection of game generated options. That game has been out for years and, in all that time that forum has remained the same.

Latest posts