• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Having played this game every way imaginable, as I'm sure many of you have as well, I decided to do an experiment and post the results here for those interested. I decided to make a build and train every level to see what kind of skill spread I could accomplish. No legendary resets or exploits, just good old fashioned grinding with training at every level, including lv1. As you can imagine, the first 5 levels or so were gained strictly through training but after that the grind started. I ran questlines only long enough to unlock specific trainers that I knew I would need.

By the way, thank God for educational YouTube videos for distraction otherwise this grind would have drove me crazy. Learned alot about the Emerald Tablets of Thoth during this grind... anywho, here's the results.

Level 60

Archery-90
Alteration-100
Enchanting-100
Smithing-100
Heavy Armor-51
Block-50
Two-Handed-28
One-Handed-41
Light Armor-21
Sneak-53
Lockpicking-33
Pickpocket-52
Speech-100
Alchemy-100
Illusion-100
Conjuration-100
Destruction-65
Restoration-72

Not bad. I'm pretty happy with the results. Of course there were a few incidental levels gained along the way but a vast majority of these levels were gained by crafting, selling and training with grinding on the usual magic suspects (Ill, Conj, Alt) to fill the cracks along the way.

I think I'm ready to quest now. :)

Wildroses

I once played a character who was obsessed with getting 100 in Speech and Alchemy. I rapidly figured out the best way was to find trainers who are also merchants then sell them all my potions to get my money back. I'm pretty sure Arcadia and Revyn Sadri groaned when they saw her coming with her overloaded backpack.

LotusEater

Ya, I'm terrible with names but the main players in this grind was the archer in Riverwood, the crossbow lady in Dawnguard and all the mages at the college. I was able to get my money back with all of them.

For Alchemy I stocked the fish pond with salmon and hiscarp and along with chicken eggs I spammed some very expensive potions that paid for my high-level archery training.

The Waterbreathing potions are pretty much the straw that stirs the drink here. They level Alchemy fast, Speech fast and pay for pretty much all of the Archery training via crossbow lady. Had to grind a lot of gold rings which sucked but got to fight a lot of Forsworn, so that was fun at least.

Last edited:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
How did you level so far in Destruction? I have always found it terribly slow and tedious to level. To the point where I quit my mage characters out of sheer boredom. If you have a better way then I'd love to know :)

LotusEater

How did you level so far in Destruction? I have always found it terribly slow and tedious to level. To the point where I quit my mage characters out of sheer boredom. If you have a better way then I'd love to know :)

All training. Same with Restoration. Just made sure I had a stock of enchanted rings to get my money back right away.

etc
etc
etc
lol

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

All training. Same with Restoration. Just made sure I had a stock of enchanted rings to get my money back right away.

etc
etc
etc
lol
Thanks! I'm sure you probably mentioned that in your original post but thanks for the reply <3

LotusEater

Thanks! I'm sure you probably mentioned that in your original post but thanks for the reply <3

No problem. I transmuted a ton of iron and made a ton of rings and grinded enchanting at the College. Bounced between training and the enchantment table.

"Why are my research papers always missing?!?"

"I'll gladly share my knowledge with you." :vomit:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts