Master Destruction (Playthrough)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ok, I'm about halfway through Ustengrav with my latest challenge, beating it on Master with just Destruction. Offensively, I'm also using all the nasty little tricks I know to make it doable. First off, Breton, for Magic Resistance, and more importantly, Dragonhide. I know from experience that you can avoid Dragons except one every day, and use the minute of Spell Absorbtion to take half damage from the Breath attacks, while staying away from the physical ones. Also, though the primary goal is the DB (Meaning Dragonborn, I abbr. the Dark BrotherHood to DBH to differentiate them) I'm making little side trips to take a level in Badass, or other preperations for survival.

Case in point, I ran Bleak Falls Barrow on the way to Whiterun to save time (I'm kind of running through this,) but swung by Riverwood to talk to Alvor so I don't have to bribe my way in, and picked up Faendal for support. Not, neither of us have a stitch of armor, at this point I was still in the Novice Robes/Hood pulled through the door of the cage in the Helgen Torture Room. I didn't even pick up his shield, and kicked him down the first Steel handaxe I found on a random Bandit. Just Flames, Hunting Bow, and Steel Arrows between us, I managed not to use a single potion. This is important, save them.

Dragonstone in hand, we ran for the Whiterun Stables, and hitched a ride to Winterhold. Mostly to talk to Faralda, I savescummed for Firebolt, and also said hi to Mirabelle for a free Novice Robes of Destruction. Fast Travel back, took a run at Mirabelle, died, and decided to take another side trip. Irileth could wait. Next, we ran E to the Atronach Stone, conveniently with no Dragon from the volcano, and came back with 100/50% Spell Absorbtion. Now level 2, I spent my point on Health, and then again when I made it to 3 during the fight.

Double Cast Lightning Bolt (Also Faralda, though Farengar is just as better, and I had to turn in the Dragonstone anyway.) Still haven't used a Potion. Fast Travel back to Dragonreach before the soul transfers (so you can) then run back out as soon as JBtG says "Greybeards." Fast Travel to the East Gate of Helgen, run to Orphan Rock, and stickyfoot around the slope up to High Hrothgar. (Bypassing everyone on the 7k steps.) You know this part, Arngeir, Einarth, Wulfgar, Roh, Wuld, Ustengrav.

Actually needed some potions on the Necromancers out front, Lightning Bolts to shatter the Wards, then chased with another right after while they're still stunned. Took several, plus kiting around their Zombies (Remebered to disarm all the bodies) need some blue juice to finish them off. Then Double Flames to burn down the Draugr in the next doorway. Faendal, and the surviving mage made it easy enough, raid the next two rooms for potions. (Unfortunately, mostly healing.)

Made it as far as the Skeletons, Wulded across to the secret stash on the upper level, and cast down firebults from the platforms while my shout bar cooled down. And again on the way back, went down to collect the first word of Become Ethereal. (Might use Saloknir's soul for that one, we'll see.) Made it as far as the Spiders. Damn, a little slow on the tab button, weakened by the flaming path, and succomed to Frostbite Venom. Did I mention I was considering Redguard for this build? Too late now! (This is largely specialized for Dragon Slaying, but it'll get easier once I get "Dah".)

Anyway, I thought that was as good a time as any to take a break, and write, I'll keep you posted...

Update: Just talked to Delphine, and am now getting talked to by the Greybeards. I just stood on the sidebar, and let the spiders come to me like I should have in the first place... Onto Kynes Gorve then, I'll probably update you when I get to the Embassy. While I was in Riverwood, i got Faen his shield, and kicked him down the Akiviri sword.

Ok, I just tried Fast Traveling to the Atronach Stone on the way to Kyne's Grove. Got jumped by the Dragon, no real sruprise, but I had to save my Dragonskin for the scripted fight. 3 Companions just happened to be there, which sure helped, but I still burned up all my potions (Except Stamina) and left him with barely a tic. So, I went to Valtheim instead, and cross countried to Kyne's Grove. The 3 of us made a pretty quick job of it, but I think Spell Absorbtion is glitched. Even with Dragonskin up, I was flipping a coin to see whether I took full damage, or not, and sometimes I didn't get any Magicka back. As this is the Lynchpin of this build with regards to killing Dragons, I don't know if it's still viable. I also crashed out to Desktop, so I'm going to try disabling mods (None of which affect this playthrough, most are just cosmetic) to see if that fixes anything...
Steam Community :: Screenshot :: 3 heroes vs Salohknir. We won.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts