OOC Mass Effect: Revenant

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    It has been five years since the end of the Reaper war that ravaged the galaxy and claimed billions of lives. For the most part, the people of the galaxy have gone about trying to restore their lives to normal. Without the threat of the Reapers to hold them together, the united species are slowly drifting apart. The citadel has been rebuilt, and the mass relays repaired. Besides a few Cerberus hold outs, and the always present pirate threats, peace reigns.

Out on the edges of the Terminus systems, something stirs. Something long thought to have been destroyed. Something that, by all rights, should no longer exist. Reports trickle back to council space, of ships disappearing, and stations failing to report in. Though many in the newfound safety of council space blame the occurences on slavers, the council wishes to put a stop to them as soon as possible. A team has been assembled, and arrives at the citadel to receive their briefing from the council.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What happened in/after Mass Effect 3
    - Commander Shepard activated the Crucible, destroying the Reapers, along with all synthetic life. Shepard also died aboard the Citadel, as a result of numerous injuries.

-The Mass Relays were damaged, but quickly repaired.

-The Citadel was rebuilt, and a memorial for commander Shepard was erected in the Presidium.

- The Genophage was cured. Krogan population is growing at an alarming rate.

- Councillors Valern, Tevos, and Sparatus retain their seats on the council. Admiral Steven Hackett takes the seat of the human councilor.

- The Batarians are slowly trying to make Khar'Shan habitable again. They still blame the Alliance for the near destruction of their people.

- The Quarians are slowly getting used to not having to live on ships, but are still confined to their environment suits. The Quarians are attempting to rebuild the Geth, but so far, have had limited success.

-Aria T'loak retook Omega with Shepards help. The asteroid station is once again a hub for criminals and mercenary organizations.

What happened to Shepards squadmates.
    - Tali'Zorah vas Normandy finally got her house on the homeworld, and now leads the effort to rebuild the Geth.

-James Vega went on to join the N7 Program and became one of their most prominent members.

-Javik. After the Reapers were destroyed, Javik simply vanished, stating he'd completed his mission of revenge. He was never seen again.

- Garrus Vakarian returned to Palaven to oversee the rebuilding there, and root out any remaining Reaper forces.

- Samara continued her duties as a Justiciar.

-Liara T'soni maintains her position as the Shadow Broker.

-Miranda Lawson now works for Liara in the same way she did the Illusive Man.

-Jacob Taylor left military life to raise his family on the Citadel.

-Zaeed Masani still does bounty hunting work. For those that can afford him.

-Kasumi Goto is now one of the best thieves in the galaxy.

-Urdnot Grunt still leads Aralak company, searching for any Reaper-augmented Rachni on and near Utukku.

Rules
    -No Godmodding.

- This is a mature roleplay, which means there will be plenty of gore,sex/sexual situations, and coarse language. If you aren't mature enough to handle this, please, don't bother applying.

-Ties in with rule 2. Keep it classy. Just because this is mature, doesn't mean you should go around graphically describing eviscerating an enemy, or write raunchy sex scenes. This isn't a smut thread.

- Be active, and post at least once a week. You are required to explain absences longer than a week, or your character will be terminated. No question about it.

- Spelling and Grammar. This is non negotiable. If you're lacking in one of these two, don't waste time with a character card. You will not be accepted.

- You may have up to two {2} Characters. NPCs are also acceptable. Anyone with more than two characters may not be accepted/ asked to trim down on characters.

- Absolutely NO scripting of other writers characters! If those involved are not in agreement, and you script their characters, prepare to be asked to leave.

-All weapons, armours, and races MUST be part of Mass Effect lore.

These rules will be enforced throughout the role play

Character Template
    Name:
    Race:

Appearance:
    Armour:
    Weapons:
    Biotics (if applicable):

Personality:
    Position:
    Bio:
    Dialogue colour:

Available Positions

Captain: Nalah Farro
    Pilot: Cin'Norah
    XO: Jared Tabor
    Armoury Officer: Wolfe Lowe
    Main Gunner: Varnius Tandros
    Chief Engineer:
    Intelligence Officer: Argus Draok
    Chief Medic/Scientist:

Last edited:

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    I'll be going for the ah....Main Gunner. As my Turian. Next wise ass who says something about calibration gets shot.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Okay. I've sent a message to the Argoniandrell on SWEG. He says he'll probably be coming back.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    I'm totally gonna go for the armory officer. I'll have to get a CC up tomorrow though. I'm at work now.

Drahkma

Not a lot of places, Shaded. I sense anyone who wants to get in on this is going to have to scramble.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Yeah. Drell just got back to me saying he wants Intelligence officer position.I think I'm going to have to start reserving spots. So. Marek gets Armory, Drahkma, Main Gunner, and Drell Intel. Oh, and myself, of course.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I'm totally gonna go for the armory officer. I'll have to get a CC up tomorrow though. I'm at work now.

Looking forwards to your cc. Playing through ME2 again, and I don't get why everyone says Jacob is so boring.I've been talking with him alot between missions, and he's kind of interesting if you make an effort to talk to him. Don't like him enough for a romantic interest though. Thane all the way.

Drahkma

Jacob was my bro through ME2. I really liked his loyalty mission too. I think my two favourite in ME2 were Jacob and Zaeed.

Drahkma

Name: Varnius Tandros

Sex:Male

Race: Turian

Appearance: Varnius is thin and tall, standing at well over six feet tall, with the avian features of all Turians. He's more lean than heavily built, though that doesn't necessarily mean he can't fight. He has multiple burn scars on his torso,and a jagged scar that crosses from his ribs on the left side down to his right hip. His metallic skin is a pale grey, darker at his face, with black war paint and pale yellow eyes.

Turian_by_Yanarada.jpg

Armour: Varnius combat armour is typical of Turian armours, and coloured a dark grey, with yellow and black highlights.

Weapons: A Phaeston assault rifle. His secondary weapon is carnifex hand cannon.

Biotics (if applicable):N/A

Personality:Varnius is a quiet, thoughtful Turian. He prefers to think a situation through first before acting on it. He's proven that he can remain calm, even in stressful situations, time and time again. He has a solid respect for authority, and the chain of command.

Likes: Big guns, small guns,a clear chain of command, space.

Dislikes: Irrational people and behaviour, disrespectful and cowardly people.

Position: Main Gunner

Bio: Born on Palaven, in the capital of Cipritine. Through the years, Varnius grew into a respectful, thoughtful Turian. As was expected of all Turians once they reached the age of fifteen, he was sent to bootcamp. His respect for authority, tactical abilities and his surprising skill with the Phaeston assault rifle impressed many in his training group. When the Reapers attacked, Varnius was visiting family on Palaven. He fought his way free to one of the Turian garrisons.

Though skilled in rifle combat, and capable enough in hand to hand, Varnius was assigned to a Turian ship, the TSF Decitius. It was tasked with assaulting the Reaper forces blockading Palaven. Varnius was assigned to one of the gunnery positions, Varnius was commended for his ability to command in a tight situation, and use of the ships guns. During the battle over earth, a Reaper fired on the Decitius, causing severed damage to the ship, and he was badly injured by flying shrapnel.

Though he survived, he was dismissed from active duty, and sent to a medical station on the citadel to recuperate. He's received orders to join a team that's being sent out to investigate the strange happenings in the Terminus Systems.

Dialogue colour: This

Can anyone join this? If that is the case, I would like to! I loved Mass Effect, and have always wanted to do more than write fan-fic about it! And yes, I would call this more than fan-fic.

Last edited:

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Would it be possible for me to reserve a spot for the XO position?

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Actually on second thought I'm stretched as it is and have a lot of school work to contend with so I probably won't be able to give this the attention it needs.

Andre Marek

I should have my CC up in a few hours.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Can anyone join this? If that is the case, I would like to! I loved Mass Effect, and have always wanted to do more than write fan-fic about it! And yes, I would call this more than fan-fic.

You'd need to be a competent writer,and I'd be expecting a post every week or two. I'll make exceptions for people who I know have legitimate reasons for not posting.

You'd need to be a competent writer,and I'd be expecting a post every week or two. I'll make exceptions for people who I know have legitimate reasons for not posting.
    Well then, my next question is: If I do join, what positions are still available?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Available positions:

Pilot

Chief Engineer

Chief Medic-Scientist.

I would like to be the pilot in that case. I should have my CC up sometime tomorrow.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Jared Tabor
    Sex:Male
    Race:Human

Appearance: 5'8",muscled from military training, though not stocky or heavyset. Short black hair and green eyes. No tattoos, though he dos have a scar that runs just below his hairline, over his left eye, and ending just under it.

Armour: A full set of Project Phoenix armour. Painted black with scarlet highlights.
    images

Weapons: M-55 Argus, M-11 Suppressor. A pair of whips that can be biotically charged to cause even more damage.

Biotics (if applicable): Jared is an extremely capable biotic, due to his involvement with project Phoenix.

Personality: Mission oriented, often comes of as cold or callous. Though he would never do anything to compromise the mission.

Dislikes: Rumours, laziness, racists.
    Position: XO
    Bio: Suspected to have been part of Cerberus before commander Shepard destroyed the organization. The rest of his bio is classified.
    Dialogue colour: This

Last edited:

Andre Marek

Name: Wolfe Lowe
    Sex: Male
    Race: Human

Appearance
    thomas-kretschmann.jpg

Wolfe is in very good shape, at 210lbs and 5'11". Although he doesn't appear exceptionally muscular, a life of working with heavy weapons, martial training, and an active lifestyle has made him surprisingly strong. He has long legs, with a narrow waist and broad shoulders. Wolfe typically wears a pair dark wash jeans and a light grey sweater. When he is on duty in his armory, he usually forgoes the sweater and jeans in favor of simple grey cargo pants and a black tank top. He also wears an "X-ring" on his right hand, indicating the university he attended.

Armor: Customized Hahne-Kedar armor. The whole suit is dark grey in color, except for the left pauldron which is navy blue. As with most Hahne-Kedar suits, Wolfe's is mostly designed to amplify his weapons systems but he has also upgraded it with a prototype battlefield awareness suite of his own design. Besides the the usual grenades and heat sinks festooned about the armor, it also has addition sheaths for a six inch knife on the back of the belt as well as a carbon-ceramic machete on the back, with the grip sticking out over his right shoulder.

Weapons: M-55 Argus modified for semi automatic fire with a twenty round capacity and an advanced targeting scope. As a sidearm Wolfe also carries an M-77 Paladin. He also has a six inch survival knife and a two foot machete attached to his armor.

Biotics: Wolfe is outfitted with L5n implants which allow him to perform most basic biotic abilities. Being a weapons officer though, he has not developed his abilities as far as most.

Personality: Wolfe is generally a very agreeable person who is hard to offend. When he is on duty, he takes his job very seriously but not to the point of being blinded by 'duty'. He has been known to occasionally bend the rules for close friends although his superiors have always overlooked this due to his stellar performance. Although he isn't a very animated person, Wolfe likes to meet with his closest friends to catch up, drink, play poker, and have a good time.

Likes: Weapons of any kind, good liquor, fine clothes, fine food, fast women
    Dislikes: Intentional ignorance, dishonesty, people who generally like to be absolute dicks
    Position: Armory Officer

Bio: Wolfe was born in Germany on Earth and had a fairly privileged life compared to some. His family was well off financially so he was able to attend whichever schools he wished, eventually traveling to Canada and attending St. Francis Xavier university. He graduated with a degree in advanced engineering. After that, he went back to Germany and joined the federal police. He served for three years before being tapped for his governments intelligence service, the BND. He served as a liaison to foreign powers both an Earth as well as on other worlds and the colonies.

During the war against the Reapers, Wolfe was called back to Earth and aided in its defense, fighting in the battle of Berlin and later at the battle of London. When Shepard activated the crucible and destroyed the Reapers, Wolfe proceeded to aid in the rebuilding process. Recently, his superiors have become aware of the increasing attacks and disappearances in the outer systems and because of his experience operating abroad, have chosen to send him to the Citadel in order to aid in the imminent investigation.

Dialogue Color: This

Latest posts