Mass Effect 4 Being Mocapped As We Speak

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
This morning Bioware, developers of the next Mass Effect game, tweeted this image from the mo-cap studio currently miming out the game's cutscenes.

"Getting our motions on at TheCaptureLab in Vancouver. A very cool scene for the next #MassEffect," the message accompanying the image said.

The next Mass Effect was confirmed to be in development back in 2012, but Bioware will probably not be calling it Mass Effect 4, as they feel the original Mass Effect trilogy was about Commander Shepard, who won't be back for this game. Instead the next one will feature a new protagonist (and maybe begin a new trilogy?) and the gameplay will carry an emphasis on exploration. To help you, the all-terrain vehicle Mako will make a return appearance.

Expect more about Mass Effect Not-4 to be revealed at the next E3.
View the Post on the Blog

SaveVsBedWet

Wow, a return of the Mako and exploration? Maybe we aren't dead yet. Bioware deserves another chance after ME3, but for me that's going to depend heavily on whether they learned anything from forcing people to accept the slaving of their single player campaigns to multiplayer, which they (like I) may have no interest in playing.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Wow, a return of the Mako and exploration? Maybe we aren't dead yet. Bioware deserves another chance after ME3, but for me that's going to depend heavily on whether they learned anything from forcing people to accept the slaving of their single player campaigns to multiplayer, which they (like I) may have no interest in playing.

Lmao yea I've played all the mass effects, loved 1 & 2 (2 favourite by far), still iffy on 3, much dissapointment in many categories. Your post brought to mind how upon every new game release, planetary exploration got smaller/lazier and just became an activity from a full on adventure. Return of the Mako is good news.

ME 3Multiplayer was O.k, not great but I really enjoyed it, however it definately shifted focus from the main Campaign and was an unnecessary addition to the franchise, thereby giving Single Player less quality (ME 2's Final Mission was amazing for me) so the unexplained/confusing Trilogy Wrap up really grated me.

I'm hoping that they continue with the alien races, but away with Shepard, and give us a new protaganist.

Latest posts