Marvel and Star Wars Characters Could End Up in Kingdom Hearts III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

One silver lining to the House of Mouse buying up everything in sight is that at least it's easier for some of our dream mashups to happen.

We've seen Marvel characters interacting with Disney characters in Disney Infinity, and now Tai Yasue, co-director and game designer of Kingdom Hearts 3, has hinted Disney's Star Wars, Marvel and general cartoon lines might collide with Square Enix characters in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts sequel.

"They’re all under consideration,” he told Kotaku. “Nothing’s off-limits, we’re considering all of the worlds. There are so many wonderful concepts. We’re happy about that, but at the same time it’s really tough to choose.”

As a caveat, however, just because they can doesn't mean they will, Yasue made clear.

“For each world there has to be some meaning for it, in the plot; in Birth By Sleep, for instance, in the Cinderella scene, the characters learn something specific by relating to Cinderella. Also, gameplay-wise, is that world something that would make gameplay fun? There’s a lot I can’t say, but there’s so much to consider,” he said.

I also have to point out at the moment that Muppets are now Disney property, too. Who's down for a little The Great Gonzo action?

Just me, then.

Kingdom Hearts III will be out someday on PS4 and Xbox One. While you're waiting and dreaming about Wolverine and Sora fighting Darth Maul and Captain Hook, you can catch up on the series by playing Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, out today on PS3.
View the Post on the Blog

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
What can I say...

About. Damn. Time! :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts