• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Travern1139

king of the altmerie dominion
is there any vampire you can marry like serana

Kage

I haven't looked into it, as I'm happy with Aela, but I don't think so. I'm not sure they really considered marriage when making this DLC, and if they did, they probably made it so you can't marry anyone, just to make it simple. To be honest, I'm not sure, though.

Travern1139

king of the altmerie dominion
hmmm cause i find it quite strange. you know kinda irritating, you can marry a werewolf but not a vampire? wtf? you get me?

VonCrown

Necro post is kind of necro, but if you join the vampires (and are married) you get a side quest where you can turn your spouse into a vampire.

Starki113r

The only vampire you can marry in game (that I know of) is your original spouse. When you join the Volkihar vampires (if you do at all) eventually you will receive the Radiant Quest "The Gift," in which you use Vampire's Seduction to charm the target (spouse) and then bite them through what would normally be just feeding on them. That is the ONLY way (that I know of) to be married to a vampire, and it WILL NOT work on Werewolves like Vilkas, Farkas, Aela, etc. By the way, despite 'gifting' them with Vampirism, the 'gifted' spouse will not show any signs of being a Vampire (e.g.- No glowing eyes, no pale skin, still detected by Detect Life instead of Detect Dead). This may simply be a design oversight by Bethesda, but there it is.

Apparently there is some sort of petition to Bethesda right now (at least, that's the rumor, don't take this at face value) to allow players to marry the Daughter of Coldharbour and your long-time Dawnguard questline companion Serana. The excuse is likely formed on the basis that you can ASK her to marry you, but she'll say no to you out of some strange phobia of temples (which doesn't stop her from coming in to one with you). I don't know why this is such a big deal though; there are plenty of people in Skyrim to marry, so why restrict yourself to mooning over some depressed gothic chick with glowing red-orange eyes.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
so why restrict yourself to mooning over some depressed gothic chick with glowing red-orange eyes.

Why not? Choosing a plain, boring wife/husband of Skyrim or a Princess of Darkness. I'd go with the gothic chic any day. ;) That's just me.

VonCrown

I don't know why this is such a big deal though; there are plenty of people in Skyrim to marry, so why restrict yourself to mooning over some depressed gothic chick with glowing red-orange eyes.

Because most of them have all the personality of a cardboard cut-out, and your getting to know them can pretty much go like "Oh hey, you want to marry someone? I want to marry someone too, so let's get married."

Serana seems to be (speculating, PC player here) someone you actually get to spend enough time around to get to know. She might even have like, some amount of actual character development.

It's a quality v. quantity type of thing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts