PS3 Marriage issue

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrJetta

I brought my wife along on a trip and she died in battle in a cave. I've been waiting for over a month for the courier to come with my inheritance letter. Is it even possible to get remarried?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Who was your wife? This seems to be a common problem for people playing on consoles, I've seen, especially when the spouse is a former "vital" character that was previously un-killable. For example, the Companions members, at least of the Circle (Vilkas, Farkas, Aela, etc.) are immune to actual death during their questline, but once it is completed or they are married by the player, that changes. That's unfortunate, there's a simple fix for this on PC. Once you receive your inheritance letter, though, it's entirely possible to remarry. My best guess would be to try hanging out in cities, especially ones related to your marriage like the city where you met your spouse, or where the two of you lived. That might do the trick.

MrJetta

I was married to Aela the Huntress after clearing the Companion quests. I killed all of the companions, excepts Vilkas and Farkas, and all came back, except for the female characters, like Ria

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Then I would suggest spending some time around Whiterun. My character married Farkas, and he died while on a quest with her and I was in a similar situation, no courier, no letter, and still being stuck "married". They lived in Solitude, so I expected the courier would visit me there, but no luck. I didn't meet him until I returned to Whiterun, specifically, while hanging around Jorrvaskr. True, I've been playing on PC, but the problems are so similar I can't see that the solution would be much different. Good luck.

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Apparently you can only get it in the city where she lived/died. I know you can get remarried once you receive the letter.

OutKast

Andante & Shoor, I "liked" both comments....i asked on a different thread if it was possible to remarry and didn't get a definitive answer. I've been keeping Aela at home, afraid to quest with her b/c i didnt know what would happen if she died. Followers/housecarls are a dime a dozen, but like MrJetta said, I like that extra 400-500 gold a day :)

MrJetta

I am super annoyed now. It has been over six months since my wife died in a cave and I still haven't gotten any letter, can't get a new wife, still can't get any new followers... nothing. I was married to Aela and, since her dealth, hadn't left Whiterun for over 3 months. I am way too far in to restart either, but is that my only option now?!

Phoenix27

i was married to Aela she got killed on the quest i got the inheritence letter and i droped the bonds and it still wont let me remarry on the ps3

My husband died in a cave and I can't get married again. Bethesda needs to fix this. If you didn't kill them yourself you should be able to get married again after a certain amount of time!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts