Marriage glitch??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

okela

So, I'll keep it short. I finished the companion quest line and ended up marrying Farkas. Bought a house, quested with him, etc. Well, he died during a quest. Fast track to about a month later, there he is in Jorrvaskr. But...we don't seem to be married anymore. I'm missing out on the daily gold. Anyone run into this?

P.S. Playing on PS4

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Companions dying and later reappearing in Jorrvaskr is a known glitch (Skjor is a common one). My guess as to the nature of the marriage glitch attached to it is, the model that appears in Jorrvaskr after the character's death is not the same instance of the character you married. It's like picking up an iron ingot and making a dagger, and finding another iron ingot in the same place; different ingot, same function. Like a new spawn.

This means the new spawn has not married your character, but your character is still flagged as having married, so there's no way to remarry -- not Farkas, and not any other marriageable NPC.

At least, that's my guess as to how it came about. You really can't remarry on that character, though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts