• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TaylorSWright

Okay so I killed my spouse in werewolf form and I know you can't "remarry" but I haven't got a letter from the courier and it's been 1 year in game time LOOOOL in the update will this affect me trying to marry? ANY HELP ?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Actually remarriage is possible, provided you follow the correct procedure. After your spouse's death, the letter from the courier is the first step to getting remarried and I see you say it's been an...unusually long time and he's yet to show up. Who was your spouse? This can sometimes happen when your spouse was, at one point, an essential character who later loses that tag. My suggestion is to spend time around where you met your spouse, sometimes being around their default location can help to trigger the courier. Or, being around the last house you two lived in will sometimes do the trick.

After you receive the letter of inheritance, remove the Bond of Matrimony from your inventory and make sure you do not have an Amulet of Mara equipped. Wait 24 in-game hours, or 48 if you'd like to be safe, equip the amulet of Mara and try again. Marriage should be an option for you again.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
This is the best advice I have seen on remarriage and it has been a question I have not been able to get anyone to answer "Yes. I have remarried on PS3 platform." I would have tried it but then I risked losing the income she was providing and that wasn't an option at the time. This time through I may just try it so I can report back it does or does not work.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
This is the best advice I have seen on remarriage and it has been a question I have not been able to get anyone to answer "Yes. I have remarried on PS3 platform." I would have tried it but then I risked losing the income she was providing and that wasn't an option at the time. This time through I may just try it so I can report back it does or does not work.

All spouses open shops and provide "income" to the player. You shouldn't worry about that when changing spouses.

The Barefoot Nord

All spouses open shops and provide "income" to the player. You shouldn't worry about that when changing spouses.

What I worry about is not being able to remarry and losing the income. (Well, did. Started a new game and not married yet in thsi round.) If I can get definitive proof that there is a SkyrimDating.com in the game and I can remarry, I am all over marrying them all!! (well, all the women. Farkis just does not do it for me.)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
What I worry about is not being able to remarry and losing the income. (Well, did. Started a new game and not married yet in thsi round.) If I can get definitive proof that there is a SkyrimDating.com in the game and I can remarry, I am all over marrying them all!! (well, all the women. Farkis just does not do it for me.)

Ha, ha, ha. That's fine, you can leave him to me. ;)

Yes, remarriage is entirely possible provided you follow the correct procedure. It's easier on PC, but I've had others tell me it works on console, as well, provided you're willing to kill your spouse. I've been working on a Guide/Tutorial to Marriage in Skyrim, as I've seen a lot of questions like this pop up recently. Guess I'll have to work a little faster on it.

The Barefoot Nord

Ha, ha, ha. That's fine, you can leave him to me. ;)

Yes, remarriage is entirely possible provided you follow the correct procedure. It's easier on PC, but I've had others tell me it works on console, as well, provided you're willing to kill your spouse. I've been working on a Guide/Tutorial to Marriage in Skyrim, as I've seen a lot of questions like this pop up recently. Guess I'll have to work a little faster on it.

He is all yours, my dear! Please be sure I am on the VIP list to receive that guide. I'm in your debt! : )

MadMan-

I was married and wanted to "change" my wife, so I killed her. But then, I accidentally killed lydia too. And after that (when I got out of jail) courier came and I got a letter, that told me about lydia's death... But I still can't get married again and I haven't got letters about my wife's death or what ever it should say in that letter... And it has been very long when tat happened, at least 6 months in game...

Should those advice's before work in this case too?

Ilana

OK so maybe someone can please help me! I was married to the blacksmith in riften and wanted to marry aela instead so I brought him own to my basement in honeyside and killed him. I went traveling and a few days later I came back to riften, apparently had a bounty that I paid off. Went home and his body was gone...

Its been several in game weeks if not longer and no message.

I think they know I killed him....

I'm playing on the PS3 and going back to a save isn't really an option.

If anyone can help it'd be appreciated!

Enrieque01

I killed my wife a long time ago and got the letter of inheritance but I still cant remarry, I've taken the bond of matrimony out of my inventory and taken the amulet of mara off for at least 24 hours. I've done the girl I want to marry's quest too but i still cant get the dialogue, I've even tried other people!

Please help!

(and I'm playing on Xbox 360)

I married that guy in the bee and barb, marcurio and his body has disappeared
HELP

I married him as well. I have Lakeview Manor and He tends to like to glitch and freak out by the garden. The glitches started after he was kidnapped by Bandits and i was given a ransom note for 5000 gold. I actually just inside my house and it said that I Completed the Quest and the next time I visited my house he was there.

OK so maybe someone can please help me! I was married to the blacksmith in riften and wanted to marry aela instead so I brought him own to my basement in honeyside and killed him. I went traveling and a few days later I came back to riften, apparently had a bounty that I paid off. Went home and his body was gone...

Its been several in game weeks if not longer and no message.

I think they know I killed him....

I'm playing on the PS3 and going back to a save isn't really an option.

If anyone can help it'd be appreciated!

Okay so I killed my husband at our Lakeview Manor house. I did it at the top of the storage tower thing. (not sure exactly what it is. more of a look out) Dead, He fell over the rail. I actually was scared my adopted daughter would see him and get upset or something so dragged him over the cliff where the wood cutter was found dead. I waited (in game) a month and never got the letter. Sooooo being bored i dragged his lifeless body all the way to Falkreath and put him where people stopped and saw him. I waited another month hanging out where i found him....nothing.... So I loaded the game where I had saved right before killing him and made him follow me. I took him to where we met and killed him while no one was looking. When i left the building... the letter showed up with in seconds of the kill. SOOOOOO yeah lol.... Hope that helped at least a little.

x.LavaLamp.x

Actually remarriage is possible, provided you follow the correct procedure. After your spouse's death, the letter from the courier is the first step to getting remarried and I see you say it's been an...unusually long time and he's yet to show up. Who was your spouse? This can sometimes happen when your spouse was, at one point, an essential character who later loses that tag. My suggestion is to spend time around where you met your spouse, sometimes being around their default location can help to trigger the courier. Or, being around the last house you two lived in will sometimes do the trick.

After you receive the letter of inheritance, remove the Bond of Matrimony from your inventory and make sure you do not have an Amulet of Mara equipped. Wait 24 in-game hours, or 48 if you'd like to be safe, equip the amulet of Mara and try again. Marriage should be an option for you again.
I know this post was a while ago but I'm having troubles with mine. I married vilkas. I haven't received the letter of inheritance yet. I've been around where he normally is and I have triggered the courier. have any new ideas or am I stuck?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts