• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Your favourite Skyrim sect?

• Total voters

DarthVane

The Thu'um is Strong in this One
Who is your favourite group Skyrim inhabitants?

Gameplay-wise, lore-wise, whatever your reason!

I personally vote mer :cool:

thecelticlatino

Me personally I'd have to say the beast races. Not for its 'cool' factor per se (though it helps...I mean what other game lets you play lizard and catfolk?), but just the way Bethesda made the lore so compelling. I swear I'd love TES VI to be set in the Black Marsh or Elsewyr. Argonians especially are more compelling since they are a relatively uncommon race in Tamriel, pretty much a minority and persecuted everywhere they go yet they have a lot of personality packed into them. Khajiit are cool too (not as cool as Argonians in my honest opinion, but still cool), they have awesome accents (Middle Eastern/Spanish sounding), have a lot of potential, and their inherently geared towards the type of characters I enjoy playing most (stealth thieves/assassins).

The humans are pretty cool, and what I like about them is they aren't lumped into one generic 'human' race. I am disappointed that there are no Indigenous/Native Amerindian and Asian 'race' of humans in Tamriel, but for what TES has so far the human nations are pretty cool. Redguards make for excellent protagonists and adventure stories (though I admit...they suck in Skyrim as far as voices and NPCs go), I'd love to explore a Skyrim engine version of Daggerfall (land of the Bretons), Nords are Nords (enough said), and for a pretty basic generic human race, Imperials are quite compelling. Like how they used Romans as the default as opposed to the stereotypical English that's so commonly used in other wrpgs.

The mer folk I admit aren't as compelling...except for the Dark Elves. Lots of lore surrounding them (and there's Morrowind). Altmer and Bosmer just don't strike me as interesting. I do appreciate though how they can have facial hair and muscles instead of tiny, short, pixie like beings (D & D elves). Oh...and Orcs. Orcs are pretty awesome although I usually don't associate them as 'mer' (played enough D & D to separate the two although its not so in the world of Tamriel) :-)

My thing is, I'm pretty scattered as far as favorites go. Argonians are my favorite race, but I like Redguards and Bretons better than Khajiit, and Orcs are right up there on one of my top favorites. If I *had* to pick, it would be beast if only for Argonians. But as a whole, humans since I prefer human characters.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
The jarl of whiterun reminds me of beowulf so I just have to give the nords props.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
Dark Elves are my love <3 Best race (in my opinion) best history behind them (still my opinion) and best homeland (once again my opinion)

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
My thing is, I'm pretty scattered as far as favorites go. Argonians are my favorite race, but I like Redguards and Bretons better than Khajiit, and Orcs are right up there on one of my top favorites. If I *had* to pick, it would be beast if only for Argonians. But as a whole, humans since I prefer human characters.

if only you had more votes!!! :eek:

Nightshade

This is such a hard question for me! I find all races and their lore absolutely fascinating. They are all so diverse and interesting in their own, unique ways. I've also played each race at least once and have had a blast with every single one. (My current character is a Dark Elf)

If I had to pick though, I'd have to say Beast Races mainly for their lore. While they looking shockingly different than the majority, their background and customs are what truly makes them stand out as races.

A random excerpt from UESP about Khajiit lore:
Khajiit are each subtly bound to the Lunar Lattice, a mysterious force entitled the ja'Kha'jay in their native tongue. Lunar Lattice determines the form a Khajiit assumes in life, according to the phases of Masser and Secunda at the time of their birth; while Khajiiti newborns appear incredibly similar to one another at birth, their future form becomes clear in a matter of weeks. This is due in part to the fact that, although born smaller than the children of either man or mer, the Khajiiti mature at a significantly faster rate.It is imperative to note that while the Khajiit derive their natural form from the moons of Nirn, their peculiar tie to such is in no way related to lycanthropy, for, unlike that disease, it is neither contagious nor temporal. A Khajiit will retain its form of birth throughout their life and the moons, although they affect in what form the Khajiit will be born, do not affect it after that. Furthermore, there are no known shapeshifting Khajiit. Link to full article
Their religious beliefs are also pretty different than other races and very intriguing to read about. I have no prejudices against any of the races (though I have to admit, I've gotten ticked at a few High Elves for their in-game hauty attitudes, haha) and truly like them all :)

Panthera

Don Gato
This is such a hard question for me! I find all races and their lore absolutely fascinating. They are all so diverse and interesting in their own, unique ways. I've also played each race at least once and have had a blast with every single one. (My current character is a Dark Elf)

If I had to pick though, I'd have to say Beast Races mainly for their lore. While they looking shockingly different than the majority, their background and customs are what truly makes them stand out as races.

A random excerpt from UESP about Khajiit lore:

Their religious beliefs are also pretty different than other races and very intriguing to read about. I have no prejudices against any of the races (though I have to admit, I've gotten ticked at a few High Elves for their in-game hauty attitudes, haha) and truly like them all :)

I'm becoming your follower from this moment. :)

Panthera

Don Gato
The beast races used to be kept as slaves...

That is why I play with khajiit race... at the end of the game khajiit is a hero!

KayO199X

The Beast races are my favorite races because of how unique they are. You see men and elves in just about every fantasy franchise, but you don't see cat people and dinosaur people too often.

I think it's funny how the Khajiits are the Arabs of planet Nirn, while the Argonians are Native Americans. It would be really cool if the next ES game was set in either Elsweyr or Black Marsh. You would have that distinct "Arabian Knights" setting for Elsweyr, and the "New World" setting for Black Marsh.

I would also like to see cute little Khajiit children running around, wagging their tails, and asking for milk.

Carach

Although all races have its pros and cons, ill have to stick my attitude towards the mer. Men are short-lived, mostly unexperienced, proud and not-reasonably arrogant and racist (Nords mostly, i hate them). As a Altmer/Dunmer/Bosmer you just have to look upon a men as on children who revolts and behave stupid. Mer, on the other hand, have a very good reasons to have "im-more-than-you-attitude". VERY good reasons. And im not talking that the majority of the Empires culture is based on Aldmeri speech, readings, art etc.
You could read the artice "Understanding the Altmer" on "Skyrim Blog" its really good.

As for beast races.. well.. they are different. Argonians are a little dumb, they cant do a move without a Hist hand holding theirs. And they would be never able to beat up southern parts of Morrowind if Morrowind itself wouldnt be severely weakened by Oblivion Crisis and Red Mountain eruption, which in general made a lot of Dunmer flee from their homeland. Khajiits are good, but they could change their naíve nature and tribal "moon-religion".

Khajiit: "Lets get panic, moons disappeared!"
Altmer: "I used powerful magic to restore them after two years!"
Khajiit: "Ooooh! Our saviors!"

And yes, they were twice members of Aldmeri Dominion, but this just seems stupid.

What, really?

Post Scriptum: My first reply on this forum, and english isnt really my birth language, so sorry for some errors. But.. i dont care that much about it.. :D

Last edited:

Amradel

Agreed with the post above by @Carach. Gameplay and lore wise Altmer are my favorite race.
Groups would be in this order Mer, Man and then Beast. Beast is last because I dislike the Argonians for some reason, they just annoy me, I don't really mind the Khajiit to much, cat people are pretty cool, a Khajiit was the first race I became when I first started playing Skyrim, but other then that, they annoy me a bit, not as much as the Argonians, but they do. Man are ok, but I'm just not very interested in Humans in fantasy games with other races. Though Nords are pretty cool, I like the Nords.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
"No one messes with an Orc!"

Its nice to step out of what we know, humans, and try something different.
Really like the Argonians aswell, always found lizards cool.

Gotta be beasts for me.

Carach

"No one messes with an Orc!"

Its nice to step out of what we know, humans, and try something different.
Really like the Argonians aswell, always found lizards cool.

Gotta be beasts for me.
Agreed, humans seems very boring in RPGs, and i like Orsimer aswell. Bu Argonians? Nah, nothing really special. Hist you gotta love on the other way! :D

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Humans - easy to play. No real issues or bigotries (other than Red Guard always starting out as absolutely filthy and needing to have that fixed).
Mer - easiest to play if you don't care about the Civil War or the Shouty/Shouty storyline
Beasts - I love 'em, but I can't RP them - too many limitations unless I'm going psycho.

So me - no real preference, although I usually play Nord or Altmer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts