Making an attractive male character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thecelticlatino

It seems silly, but how can you make an attractive male character in Skyrim? I want to make a male human character as my main quest Dragonborn (preferably Nord or Imperial due to the Stormcloak/Imperial Legion conflict) but it's difficult because the options are just so ugly (for males at least, the women got lucky in this game). The Nord males look old even with the complexion slider all the way to the left and the Imperial males are just a mess.

Before anyone says mods, I'm a console player (Xbox 360).

I'd like to make an attractive character similar to Marcurio (in terms of looks). If anyone has any good sliders for decently attractive male Nord or Imperial characters (Redguards & Bretons okay too), please help me out. :-)

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
I'm having the same problem. Male humanoids are a mess and it's just impossible to make a decent one

Docta Corvina

Hmm...well, I have both Xbox and PC versions and so I could play around with sliders for characters on the PC in the Creation Kit. I'll see how the line up with the Xbox sliders and pass them on. For example, I have non-spectral Lucien Lachance as a follower and could pass his info on. ;) I'll look into it and get back to you.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hmm...well, I have both Xbox and PC versions and so I could play around with sliders for characters on the PC in the Creation Kit. I'll see how the line up with the Xbox sliders and pass them on. For example, I have non-spectral Lucien Lachance as a follower and could pass his info on. ;) I'll look into it and get back to you.

No! Lucien sliders are mine and mine only! Also... men are supposed to be all tough and fugly. It's a rule! Not really. I tried to make good looking characters but I can't. Just can't. All my characters are made older and all messed up anyway. School of Hard Knocks and all that.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
It's not impossible, here's two of males I've made in Skyrim:

Nord Nathyn.JPG

LuLa1.jpg

Top picture is a Nord, bottom picture is an Imperial.

Jersey Dagmar

You just have to mess around with the settings. It's not difficult. I really don't understand what you guys are asking in terms of looks. Everyone has different views on appearance and looks.

Docta Corvina

Here's a shot of Lucien - all I did was make him non-spectral and a follower. Well, and made his eyes not demon-black. :p The rest is pre-set by Beth.

standalone

Stereofanic

You just have to mess around with the settings. It's not difficult. I really don't understand what you guys are asking in terms of looks. Everyone has different views on appearance and looks.

I've tried for hours, all I get is someone who looks like a cross between a horse and Jhonny Vegas.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
I managed to make my nord character look like me, it though did take a lot of time messing about with the sliders. I have the ps3 version. I'm slightly fugly but still decently human looking so there is hope.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Handsome buggers you've created there! Of course physical attractiveness is entirely dependent on the viewer, but I think I managed to create a ruggedly handsome barbarian warrior with my first character. I started out with a Nord, you can probably recognize the preset I used, and just tweaked it slightly, adding a little more tan and darker hair. But if you want finer, more delicate features to create an attractive aesthetic, you might want to go with a Breton or even an elf.

Docta Corvina

Hers are the slider shots from the Creation Kit for Lucien. Not sure how much help they'll be with the Xbox slider use, but you can use them as a guide of sorts? I don't know yet. I'll have to fiddle with my Xbox version later for comparison.

screen02iz.png

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
One of the imperial presets is reall good looking with minor tweaks (different eyes and beard iirc)
Its not that difficult to make an attractive Imperial. As for Nords, the very first one that comes up looks pretty good to me.

Docta Corvina

Yeah, it's always been difficult for me personally to make a less than stunning Imperial male. They just be sexy by default. :oops:

Stereofanic

One of the imperial presets is reall good looking with minor tweaks (different eyes and beard iirc)
Its not that difficult to make an attractive Imperial. As for Nords, the very first one that comes up looks pretty good to me.

The problem is the first nord is the face of skyrim therefore it's not completly custom and that bugs me.

Jersey Dagmar

All you need is some imagination and some patience. It's taken me almost an hour sometimes to make the character I want.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts