Making a new character, need help with the name and other things.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pwnagemeister

Hi, i just bought Skyrim a couple of days ago, and after messing around with a mage character for a while, i decided to make a new character. I've already partly decided what to name him. I want to name him like Fluffles, Slayer of Knees, because i am going to make him an archer, but i need a better name than fluffles. Also, I havn't fully decided on what race to make him. I was thinking Argonian, because Argonians are awesome, but they dont have the best abilities. Please leave your cmments and suggestions below.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
The best part about skyrim is that you don't truly have to worry about race benefits (I have an orc mage) unless you want a early jump in skills for a certain build, but if you want the early skill boosts and racial benefits, go with Wood Elf, Khajit, or an Argonian

ArtisticOreo

I agree with what All Hail Sithis said. The race isn't so important.
If you want a better name than fluffles.... how about Borat, Slayer of Knees. xD

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Fluffles rocks :D

skoldzer

when i started the game the first time i edited my character to what i regarded being ok... then i accepted and needed to type a name... but at this point thought "wait there's something i need to change quickly with appearance" .. pressing circle quickly to go back thinking i can change ended up in my first characters name being Prisonero_O

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
"I want to name him like Fluffles, Slayer of Knees, because i am going to make him an archer, but i need a better name than fluffles." Pwnagemeister

This sentence doesn't make much sense.

Races don't tend to matter too much unless you really want the boost to bows. As far as names go, i'm pretty awful but I guess I could recommend naming him something unique. It honestly depends how you want to play the game. Do you want full immersion with a name you made up so you can get into the character or do you want to just name your character something random or silly?

Kind of Hazy

Do you want full immersion with a name you made up so you can get into the character or do you want to just name your character something random or silly?

I have only been asked my name once in the game, so full immersion has nothing to do with what you name your character.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Full immersion has everything to do with what you name your character. Regardless of who mentions your name in the game, you know your name and you see it every single time you open your item menu. If you name your character something like "Bologna Face" then how can you become that character?

Jaeger

I have only been asked my name once in the game, so full immersion has nothing to do with what you name your character.

Sure it does if you have multiple playthroughs. You want to Orc bash today. Oh wait, is the Orc twinkletoes, prancer or fluffy? oh ca-ca. A Gnash, Sabine, Caelro, Erich, Adlanta, Milakith is a bit more descriptive. Guess the races. Or, just name them nord, Orc, Breton, nord girl, etc

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts