Making a character to reach Level 80+

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey guys. So I've made many different builds in Skyrim from basic warriors to assassins/thieves to mages, etc. But I recently found an interest or made a new personal character goal of getting one of them high enough to have a showdown with the Ebony Warrior eventually. This is a tad bit similar to a thread I made awhile ago, but it's just really hard for me to make characters that can interest me enough for as long as it will take to get them to Level 80 and higher. The highest levels I have gotten with any of my characters before getting bored made it to around Level 45-50. It's a lot more difficult to do that now since even most of those were when I first started playing the game, and now it's a lot easier for me to get bored with quests I've done so many times before. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions as to maintaining a character that I am interested in for that long? I like creating stories for each of my characters, so I don't want just one of them to be able to do everything since it wouldn't make sense for their character. I want to build him/her up in a legit way, so I don't wanna do any exploits unless I get really desperate. I have an orc warrior I'm trying to build up right now, I'm at roughly level 22 or 23 with him at the moment.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Check out the thread I started, "How did YOU get to level 81?

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I've never made it to 80+, so I can't really give any advice that is proven. All the reasons you've given are basically the reasons I give, too.

But try to find things you've never done before. You know they exist, they're just a little harder to come by. Also, find stuff for your character to do that maybe they previously wouldn't have done. Maybe have them take up a school of magic and do the College of Winterhold questline. Considering how awesome Orc smiths are, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to take to enchanting weapons and armor. Make sure sure you do all the Stronghold related quests. Hell, make it your mission to help every single Orc in Skyrim.

Then there are the normal skills of an Orc. If you've maxed out one-handed, switch to two-handed. Once you max out two-handed, legendary one-handed. Then do one-handed and blocking. Max out your archery. Do all the warrior-related skills because you're a badass Orc that wants to be better than everyone. Having spent a lot of time wandering the wilds, you can even take up alchemy. Why not?

There are some skills that overlap and make sense, story-wise. Your Orc may not suddenly decide to take up sneaking or pickpocketing, but that's OK. He can still level up all the other battle tested warrior skills he wants.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
While you sound like you don't want someone perfectly well-rounded (i.e. able to do everything) I would recommend as a way to level up quickest would be to have the lesser skills still developed to a point where they have a moderate amount of skill levels in them, i.e. having them in the 40-60 range at the point your greater skills are 90-100. It doesn't mean you have to utilize them all that much but it will help your overall since level the advancement on lower level skills goes quicker than when you are getting up to higher levels.

Also when you start getting up there in overall level, crank the difficulty settings up and if you are a PC player, you might want to grab a high level player difficulty mod to make things more of a challenge so you don't get bored one-shot killing everything.

You said you like to create stories for your character and that is an especially great idea for one you are going to try to level up 80+ as the more compelling you can make the character's story, the less likely you would get bored as quickly. It's not a coincidence that the only player that has gotten up past level 50-60 (reaching level 100-something) is the most thoroughly developed character I've had to date in any RPG I've played.

If you pick a faction or two to complete and then finish the main quest and the DLC's you should get fairly close to where you want to be after that.

Also make it a point to hunt down every skill-boosting book in the game as those are easy freebies.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
How to get that high the legit way? Go around play the game and up your skills regularly.

The cheating/grinding way? One handed/Two Handed/Archery, kill a bandit or animal, Raise Zombie (or one of the better versions of it) repeat. Oh and be sure to up the difficulty a bit so that you get Conjuration exp too.

Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting, Dawnstar chest selling glitch

Well in case you get desperate, do the restoration/alchemy loop and once high enough create a fortify enchanting potion. Go to enchanting table and use the potion and create a necklace with insane fortify alchemy on it. And put it on and create several potions(doesnt matter what kind) and alchemy will level up to 100 with the make of 2 potions 3 max. And you will skyrocket several levels. Then legendary alchemy and rinse and repeat :) easy level 150 in my opinion.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Grind Telekinesis is always an option. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts