PC Major vampirism problem

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

maxdean02

I recently contracted vampirism in my most stable modded playthrough yet. Unfortunately when my "vampiric powers have awoken" nothing happened:\ My race did not change until I used the race menu alternative mod, I didn't get any powers except nightvision and undying(so no vampiric drain or stage progression). I can feed on people but that doesn't do anything besides make a flash of red on my screen and nothing else. I started up my skyrim game without any mods, and the problem persisted. I don't know what else to do, and I was thinking about just calling it quits on the game until I saw this sight as a possible helpful solution to my problem.

Any help whatsoever would make me very happy and be much appreciated. Thank you:)

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
No worries friend! Welcome to the forums, let's try and get this problem solved for you.

First thing's first, you say that this is your most modded playthrough yet. Do you have any Vampirism mods installed?
And one more question; what kind of Vampire are you trying to become, standard or vampire lord?

maxdean02

Just a standard vampire by contracting the disease. I like to role play and that sort of thing, so I thought I would just let it happen. I use sacrosanct which worked fine using a different set of mods in a different order, but not this time. I tried to contract vampirism without anymods turned on and it still wouldn't let me.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Okay, does your character have the red/orange eyes and the like in game after three days? Did you sleep through 3 in-game days, and not just wait? That's the usual issue I am aware of with things such as this.

Outside of that, if you aren't showing up as a Vampire after 3 days, it could be that one of the mods you do have installed makes an issue with Vampirism, so I'd check out all the mod pages and see if there are any known bugs with them having to do with your issue. If after that, you still have the same problem, odds are your game save is broken, and likely corrupted. Which is a common thing.

If you tell me the mods you have installed, we can work together and see if we can find any known bugs.

maxdean02

Sorry for the wait. I'm not entirely sure how saves work, but when I tried it one a new save it didn't work either. I also tried redownloading the game, and it still kept happening. This leads me to think theres a problem with the main game or dawnguard, or mod scripts are just left behind messing things up. I have sacrosanct and race compatibility mod, which used to conflict with sacrosanct but not anymore. Here's my full load order

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
6 6 Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esm
7 7 RSkyrimChildren.esm
8 8 UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
9 9 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
10 a Campfire.esm
11 b ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
12 c daymoyl.esm
13 d OSA.esm
14 e ApachiiHair.esm
15 f ApachiiHairFemales.esm
16 10 ApachiiHairMales.esm
17 11 Havok Breast Physic.esm
18 12 Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
19 13 TouringCarriages.esp
20 14 SkyUI.esp
21 15 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
22 16 FNIS.esp
23 17 RaceMenu.esp
24 18 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
25 19 RealisticRoomRental.esp
26 1a LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp
27 1b ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp
28 1c ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
29 1d ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.esp
30 1e ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
31 1f WetandCold.esp
32 20 WetandCold - Ashes.esp
33 21 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
34 22 Havok Breast Physic Dawnguard.esp
35 23 Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
36 24 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
37 25 The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
38 26 RSChildren.esp
39 27 RSChildren Patch - USLEEP.esp
40 28 Babette.esp
41 29 Convenient Horses.esp
42 2a Convenient Horses - Unique Frost.esp
43 2b Default Teammate Weapon Draw Distance.esp
44 2c iHUD.esp
45 2d AOS.esp
46 2e 3DNPC.esp
47 2f Combat Evolved.esp
48 30 Havok Breast Physic.esp
49 31 OBIS.esp
50 32 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
51 33 Holidays.esp
52 34 marriagemod - alpha v3.esp
53 35 Point The Way.esp
54 36 TheChoiceIsYours.esp
55 37 Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
56 38 RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
57 39 Inconsequential NPCs.esp
58 3a Run For Your Lives.esp
59 3b Cloaks.esp
60 3c BecomeKingofSkyrim.esp
61 3d Immersive Wenches.esp
62 3e RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp
63 3f Hunterborn.esp
64 40 Immersive Patrols II.esp
65 41 Frostfall.esp
66 42 SofiaFollower.esp
67 43 SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
68 44 AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
69 45 RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
70 46 Bandit Patrols.esp
71 47 daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp
72 48 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
73 49 Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
74 4a ESFCompanions.esp
75 4b Immersive Weapons.esp
76 4c Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
77 4d dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
78 4e dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
79 4f Ravengate.esp
80 50 Equipping Overhaul.esp
81 51 My Home Is Your Home.esp
82 52 Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
83 53 TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
84 54 AmazingFollowerTweaks-3DNPC.esp
85 55 Glass Variants.esp
86 56 Differently Ebony.esp
87 57 Dr_Bandolier.esp
88 58 AMatterOfTime.esp
89 59 RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
90 5a RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
91 5b RND_AnimalLoot.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
92 5c BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
93 5d FNISSexyMove.esp
94 5e CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
95 5f Bijin Warmaidens.esp
96 60 AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
97 61 AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
98 62 AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp
99 63 Brows.esp
100 64 Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
101 65 VioLens.esp
102 66 Beards.esp
103 67 Bijin Wives.esp
104 68 OBISDB.esp
105 69 Serana.esp
106 6a Valerica.esp
107 6b dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
108 6c TradeBarter.esp
109 6d Disparity.esp
110 6e Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
111 6f Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
112 70 Bijin NPCs.esp
113 71 UIExtensions.esp
114 72 TKDodge.esp
115 73 ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
116 74 imp_helm_legend.esp
117 75 Immersive Wenches RRR-patch.esp
118 76 Extended UI.esp
119 77 Havok Breast Physic Dragonborn.esp
120 78 SimplyKnock.esp
121 79 HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp
122 7a Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
123 7b Sit Anywhere.esp
124 7c Immersive Speechcraft.esp
125 7d Bounty Gold.esp
126 7e Elisif Makeover.esp
127 7f NARC.esp
128 80 PC Head Tracking - MCM.esp
129 81 PC Head Tracking - Patch.esp
130 82 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
131 83 SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
132 84 SameWalkRunSpeedsLite.esp
133 85 SkyrimSpeeds.esp
134 86 Draw!!.esp
135 87 aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
136 88 AOS2_GDO Patch.esp
137 89 LPBards.esp
138 8a IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
139 8b Immersive Wenches -Apachii hairs- Patch.esp
140 8c Simply Stronger Dragons.esp
141 8d RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
142 8e Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
143 8f Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
144 90 RDO - iAFT Patch.esp
145 91 RDO - USLEEP Patch.esp
146 92 Immersive Citizens - RRR patch.esp
147 93 Immersive Wenches -Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul Patch-.esp
148 94 Immersive Citizens - TC patch.esp
149 95 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
150 96 Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp(should actually be after the marriage mod because I forgot to sort it when I reactivated it)

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
When you tried it on a new save what exactly do you mean? Like an entirely new character? Because if a save is corrupted, often times most of the saves for said character follow that same suit.

If you started an entirely new game without any mods, got the vampirism, slept for 3 days and still didn't have Vampirism--that's a bug I have not seen without external assets loaded in; but can be fixed with console commands rather easily. However, if you did all of this without mods, on a new character and were able to get vampirism after taking the correct steps, we know it has to be one of your mods, or the order in which they are loaded.

When it comes to most Vampirism mods, they tend to fix, solve and avoid bugs with vampirism in order to make the whole experience better. So I'd start with making sure you have Sacrosanct in the correct order it needs to be in.

From where I am sitting, the only mods that I think in your save that could potentially have an issue would be unofficial patches. Just because some mods don't work well with them from time to time.

Get back to me. If you haven't started a completely new character without mods and tried to get vampirism, check that out that way we have a control to base our data off of.

My best guess is that you're game has corrupted data, as that's the most common problem that I have researched when it comes to vampirism.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
When you tried it on a new save what exactly do you mean? Like an entirely new character? Because if a save is corrupted, often times most of the saves for said character follow that same suit.

If you started an entirely new game without any mods, got the vampirism, slept for 3 days and still didn't have Vampirism--that's a bug I have not seen without external assets loaded in; but can be fixed with console commands rather easily. However, if you did all of this without mods, on a new character and were able to get vampirism after taking the correct steps, we know it has to be one of your mods, or the order in which they are loaded.

When it comes to most Vampirism mods, they tend to fix, solve and avoid bugs with vampirism in order to make the whole experience better. So I'd start with making sure you have Sacrosanct in the correct order it needs to be in.

From where I am sitting, the only mods that I think in your save that could potentially have an issue would be unofficial patches. Just because some mods don't work well with them from time to time.

Get back to me. If you haven't started a completely new character without mods and tried to get vampirism, check that out that way we have a control to base our data off of.

My best guess is that you're game has corrupted data, as that's the most common problem that I have researched when it comes to vampirism.

maxdean02

I also have papyrus scripts of me trying to use alternate start "vampire in a secluded cave" option, and then it crashing with some interesting data

warning: Property HighElfRace on script playervampirequestscript attached to PlayerVampireQuest (000EAFD5) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/06/2018 - 11:57:30PM] warning: Property VampireStrength04 on script playervampirequestscript attached to PlayerVampireQuest (000EAFD5) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/06/2018 - 11:57:30PM] warning: Property AbVampire02 on script playervampirequestscript attached to PlayerVampireQuest (000EAFD5) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/06/2018 - 11:57:30PM] warning: Property DarkElfRaceVampire on script playervampirequestscript attached to PlayerVampireQuest (000EAFD5) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
That sounds like one of your other mods is conflicting, removing things that that mod needs to function. I see a No Homes mod, that could be it. What does that one do? Any other mods in your list that removes things?

maxdean02

The no homes mod basically optimizes the interior of building so you don't crash as much when entering places like inns and Dragonsreach. The no homes version just makes it so that the changes do not effect player homes, whether they be vanilla or mod added. No mods on the list really remove anything. I was kind off hoping that would be the case, but when I reinstalled skyrim completely the problem persisted which is what really confuses me. I thought that if it was corruption, that it would be fixed by reinstalling

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Interesting. How puzzling. Tell me, could you answer the questions in my previous post? It's important to know the answers there.

maxdean02

Ok, so using your tips I deactivated all of my plugins, and disabled some mods that weren't plugins. I ran a new save after deleting my old saves after making a backup, and played the game normally. I went to morthal to get infected by the vampires and slept for 3 days, and it worked! I made a save in morthal before I was infected and added dawnguard, then the other 2 dlcs and then sacrosanct. It worked every time. I also added race compatibility and it didn't work. So I narrowed it down to that mod. Now what I'm wondering is if ill be able to recover my old saves. I have like a weird vampire-human sortof mix now that I'm just stuck with:/

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Okay great, so you narrowed down the issue mod. Unless you have a save on the character you want to be playing without the mod installed, you won't be able to play without the issue. Unfortunate reality but that's the risk that we all take when we play with mods.

I'd go and look at the mod page and see what bugs are found and whatnot, see if you can find any fixes or anything. If not, report that bug and hopefully the developer can update the mod or something.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts