PC Major "Battle For Solitude" Quest Glitch [Help!]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Knayru

Alrighty. First thing is first: I've done this quest like 3 times already and this will be my 4th-ish time completing it [hopefully :sadface: ].
  • The first time I did it, there was a horrible glitch where Ulfric and Galmar Stone-Fist would continuously beat the crap out of me once I got to the dour thingie [Ulfric's shout packs a mean punch].
  • The second time I did it, Imperial Soldiers kept spawning once I got to the dour thing and I had to use a console command to complete it [I really hate having to resort to that], as with the first time around.
  • The third time - no problems.
  • This time, I can't even get to the blasted dour because I keep crashing to the desktop! I'm beginning to wonder if Arkay or Talos hates me or something. :sadface:
All jokes aside, this is starting to get severely irritating. I'm thinking the game's cells might be bloated or whatnot. I quick-saved right as I got into Solitude, so, I'm stuck... essentially. There's no warning or error, just as soon as I break the last bits of barricade and smash Imperials [More-so when I'm doing a 'cinimatic-power-attack'] with my daggers, I immediately crash to the desktop and my CPU % is normal along with my RAM usage - as if I wasn't doing anything at all.

I have 3 mods and 3 mods only:
  • "Dovahkiin Hideout" [As a storage and easy access for my vast collection of junk]
  • "A Quality World Map" [So I can see the roads and not trip into a gorge :p]
  • "Shadowmarks Revealed" [So I can see those little Kryptonian-looking abominations]
Jokes aside [once again :p], I would appreciate any and all help - no matter how little; it could make a huge difference for me and I'll be in your debt. :D

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
The Quality World Map created problems for my low spec machine (crashing). It uses some high res textures which are also used in-game.

But the Quest seems severely bugged. I didn't even see a battle for Solitude, just Ulfric and his pal standing outside the gates waiting, then the quest was completed. I may have used the console, can't remember now, one of those forgettable events in Skyrim.

All the other battles were really small fights, the biggest one just had enemies coming in waves, around 3-4 at a time.

Knayru

Thanks for the advice and input, Skullrattla.

I've been reading about it, and yes, BFS is severely glitched. As for 'The Quality World Map' - I've never ever had problems with it. I have a high-end computer I built myself and have never had so much as an FPS hiccup from Skyrim; making this paradigm seem severely odd for me.

Reading a bit more about this has revealed that the game's cells might be bloated. Really bad. I tried reloading an old save and using the Wait feature for an in-game week, and instantly crashed at the 24 hour mark [which also happened to be 1st of Sun's Dusk, ironically enough]. I use the autosave feature, and I think I might be paying dearly for it. Going to try to reinstall Skyrim, delete all my save files, or turn the autosave feature off [I believe it's set to autosave every 15 minutes or something close to that].

Thanks again, Skullrattla.

rowynyew

I use an xbox 360 gamepad to play and with the vibrations turned on the game kept crashing to desktop; turning off vibrations fixed it. Just thought I would mention it in case you use the gamepad instead of keyboard.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I've only completed the Battle for Solitude on my low-spec PC (with Intel HD Graphics!) once, but I had no problems doing it. I didn't have a single texture mod installed, though.

Lydia Barron

im stuck in solitude doing the final stormcloak quest to take over solitude and kill everyone. everyone is dead and were in front of the castle to go in but i cant open any doors or leave the city im stuck in battle mode and i cant quit or exit out.. if i try the loading screen appears and it immediately freezes my whole xbox.. im a level 57 Legendary Khajiit. i have changed game discs and uninstalled and reinstalled and its still the same.. please help i miss playing my game.. do i need a new xbox or something?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts