• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GumBurculeez

So I've been enchanting armor and I can either enchant it with a specific elemental enchantment i.e. fire, frost, shocks or I can enchant it with Magic resistance which I assume covers fire, frost and shocks. So am I right in this assumption or am I missing something?

PsyLens

Atomsk
The order they used to work is reflect (not in skyrim), absorb magic, resist magic, resist element. magic resist is better than elemental resist because yes it works on elements and may block other spells like paralyze. magic absorb is best for non summoners and magic absorb stacks with magic resist. absorb cap is 80 % and resist cap is 85 %. Between the 2 caps only 3% of magic gets through. FYI be careful with magic absorb and an atronach summoner: you can absorb your own spell thus not conjuring anything while you try try again and get hit by enemies. from what i hear necromancers don't have this problem.
so basically absorb is best, resist is great and elemental resist is useless IMO.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts