PC Magic effect stuck on my character.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ingi

The problem:
1st person: http://i.imgur.com/dB5CU.jpg
3rd person: http://i.imgur.com/BHy4s.jpg

I don't know how this happened or what caused it but as you can see this is extremely annoying and makes the game almost unplayable.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me fix this.

Things I've tried: sexchange command, turning into werewolf and back into humanform, several addspell/removespell commands.

None of these worked.

So, ideas?

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
You could try putting all your stuff in a container for safekeeping, then click yourself and type "resurrect." I used that successfully once to clear persistent effects from my menus and it reset everything active on my character so it might work for your problem.

Rather than explain it in detail, I'll quote something from my blog;
  1. Put everything in your character's inventory into a safe container (yes, you'll be naked, but better naked than to lose your gear).
  2. Open your character's active effects menu and take note of the effects you want to keep, minus any racial abilities.
  3. Go to this page and write down the id numbers for those effects, or if you can recall the exact name, you may be able to locate the id number using help "EFFECT NAME" (minus quotes of course).
  4. Now open the console and click your character.
  5. Type "resurrect" into the console and when you're done, save your game and exit Skyrim.
  6. When you fire the game back up and reload your save, your racial abilities will be back and all the other active effects will be cleared.
  7. The final step is to reset your perk points. I use this mod but there may be others available to choose from. If your perks disappear completely, you can install and run this to fix it, or redo them manually. Use the UESP wiki for reference to get id codes. Warning: Failure to reset your perk points may crash your game when you attempt certain actions. For example, trying to hit something with a sword after forgetting to reset your one-handed perks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts