• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theriel

Breton is a good choice (Resist Magic 25% + 50% absorb once per day). Altmer isn't bad either (50 magicka - equivalent of 5 levels - and super-magicka-regen once per day can be sometimes lifesaving). I would avoid Dark Elves - which some people suggest for various mage-like builds, but they only make sense if you actually want to be in the middle of the fight (whereas my build assumes you avoid the dirty job ;]).

Panthera

Don Gato
practically you can choose any race you want... the difference is only that you will have a small advantage in certain skill. I have khajiit for a assassine and for mage type.

murdaface

thanks for this post / guide dude. im playing through with a dual wielder first, but carefully plotting a mage character, so this will be very useful.

theriel

I wouldn't agree with choosing "any race you want". The bonuses to skills are irrelevant - that's true. But the innate abilities (e.g. magic resistance) can be quite meaningful at various times in the game. Yeah, they won't change your life - but can be useful if well-chosen.

Panthera

Don Gato
I wouldn't agree with choosing "any race you want". The bonuses to skills are irrelevant - that's true. But the innate abilities (e.g. magic resistance) can be quite meaningful at various times in the game. Yeah, they won't change your life - but can be useful if well-chosen.

Like I said, irrelevant. Having ability for example magic resistance as assassin, thief, warrior it's also useful, becouse eventualy you will cross on the way some magic type of enemy. So if i can survive without that ability with other race and other type of play, so can a diffrent race (not much favorite fot mage type) as a mage.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts