• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Isevilja

I feel drawn to both... But being a battlemage, I'm afraid that I'll become kinda jack of all trades, master of none... Focusing on 5-6-7 different skills (destro-resto-alteration-1H-heavy armor-enchanting) can't really make me too good in anything in the end? As for now I'm juggling a lot between destruction spells, my axe, and healing spells, and it seems a bit messy...

Is a pure warrior build, or pure mage build, simply more effective and enabling me to have better power attacks, or mightier spells later on?

I don't like having a lot of chars, I prefer playing through Skyrim with one character only...

I hope someone takes a minute of their time to give their 2 cents :)

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
Why don't you focus on the skills you enjoy using the most. I do think it is possible to go through the game using various different types of skills though, probably the way to make the most of the game.

Isevilja

Well I wasn't too keen on the melee bit until all those slow motion minivideos showed up when I use my power attacks; now I'm a "moviejunkie", hehe... Am thinking of dropping Restoration unless Resto has a midfight healing spell; standing after each fight healing myself up is a bit of a bore when I might as well use healing potions midfight.

Isevilja

Yeah it feels better doing both the quests for the "fighters guild" and the "mage guild" when I'm dabbling with both melee and magic, but I just wish I could focuse more in one direction.. hehe :)

Stone

Retired Moderator
Magic looks absolutely awesome, so I'd recommend going with that. Also, the College of Winterhold quests are really fun but the last one is quite tricky.

Warrior's are fun too though, if you want to run around with a massive axe and flatten your opponents :p
It says what I am in my signature. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts