• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which game mode do you play on?

• Total voters

Ereshkigal

I'm getting ready to do a run through with a magic character on Legendary Mode. Being that this is my first ever build I was wondering what magic builds other players have used. Please feel free to post your build! Thanks for the help.

Nighthiker77

I just started a non - magic(something I haven't tried yet) assassin on legendary and it is way harder than master with direct damage(like destruction) . Illusion and Conjuration should be just as effective though.

The keys is really figuring how to run an attack without getting hit at all. A follower and some summons will make a world of difference since they still deal even damage.

Whatever you try, I'd pound conjuration and illusion as my 2 primary skills, and they both provide offense and defense. Sneak definitely wouldn't hurt. You can't be muffled and invisible all the time, and almost anything will 1hit you.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
As with any magic character I just want to say that magicka regeneration rate is far more important than spell cost or actual magicka pool when it comes to enchantments. Other than that, avoid getting hit, and be ready to load your save, alot.

Nighthiker77

Yep, I've been saving after every kill or 2. It might get a lot easier now that I'm a most up to level 20, but it is really grueling at low level.

Ereshkigal

Yeah I was messing around on Legendary with a character that I played on Master only. Man the difference was pretty big.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Well, I am still figuring this game out, but I feel that Mages need a deep magicka pool. Regen is just as important, so I go for the Arch-Mages robes as fast as I can, along with getting the dragon priest mask that gives the 100% regen. Then, I cast Calm, Fury, ___Flesh, Bound Bow, Muffle, or whatever else I think I might need before that particular battle. Illusion & Conjuration are awesome, but I would also have the real thing for back up, just in case.

I haven't tried the higher difficulties yet, but that is in my future......maybe my next Mage build....:D

Ereshkigal

I started a Mage on legendary last week. I've noticed that Destruction/Conjuration and a Merc really does wonders. I haven't started any faction or any quest(Minus the +5 skill book). My advice is to grind and just train. I've made over 70k+ and spent it all on spells and training. Currently level 24z

I thought magic regen in combat wasn't affected by whatever regen enchantments you had? As in it was a base stat that couldn't be altered, and that only OUT of combat regen was affected by the enchantments .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts