• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nellek

Here is my problem, Ive deleted and remade so many characters because I can not make up my mind on what I want. I want Archery and at some point I want Mage so I end up remaking. So would someone mind giving me some help on a build with Mage and Archery in it? Here is what Id like.

Archery
Sneak(You pretty much need it for archery)
Lockpicking(I like seeing what goodies await for me)

Now for Mage Im having a hard time choosing what to get Conjuring or Destruction. Conjuring I like the Idea of summoning things to help with tanking while I do Damage and bound weapons look awesome. Destruction I like the idea of well just nuking things if they get to close.

Not sure how I would distribute my stats as well. I know I will need health of course and stamina for archery and I would think Magicka so i don't run out of it all the time. So like a 1/2/1 ratio?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
My character is archery + destruction + illusion build. It works out pretty nicely. I use the bow for sneak attacks and use both archery and destruction to finish them off. What I do is, I use archery for sneak attack first and shoot him 2 or 3 times as he's charging at me. Once he is close, I just use dual casting on destruction to chain-stun him while moving backward. Once I run out of mana and I made my distance again, I use my bow again. It's a nice combo against one guy I guess. If there's a bunch of other enemies, that's when I use the illusion.

I only raised my health up to 150 and focused on magicka for the rest... Sometimes get killed in one or two hit but I still get around. You probably need a lot of mana to cast some powerful spells multiple times though.

Nellek

My character is archery + destruction + illusion build. It works out pretty nicely. I use the bow for sneak attacks and use both archery and destruction to finish them off. What I do is, I use archery for sneak attack first and shoot him 2 or 3 times as he's charging at me. Once he is close, I just use dual casting on destruction to chain-stun him while moving backward. Once I run out of mana and I made my distance again, I use my bow again. It's a nice combo against one guy I guess. If there's a bunch of other enemies, that's when I use the illusion.

I only raised my health up to 150 and focused on magicka for the rest... Sometimes get killed in one or two hit but I still get around. You probably need a lot of mana to cast some powerful spells multiple times though.
Thanks for the reply, that's what I'm worried about.. I will take to much damage and die a lot.

Currently I'm running an Astromancer / Archer type build. I'm putting perks in Archery, Conjuration, Restoration, Sneak, Light Armor, Smithing, and Enchanting. I've already set up how I'm organizing my perks (all the way to level 81...I'm a bit OCD in terms of min/maxing) and so far at level 21, my character is MORE than effective. I've only died a few times, and all were pretty much dumb mistakes versus actual errors.

This might, however, not be the type of gameplay you are really looking for though. In dungeons, other than the fact I'm using Bound Bow, I'm not much of a mage. The only time I use a good chunk of mana is during large fights that I can't really be stealthy with (such as Dragons), which is where the Astromancy comes into play. I don't really see a way to be an extremely effective archer AND an extremely effective mage (in a more pure sense than what my character is) considering you can't really do both at the same time.

Just figured I'd chime in with a few ideas.

shaune97

i am also having the same problem, im going to use archery, but i dont know whether to use alteration as armor and once im higher in it be able to paralye foes, and shoot em down, or i should use light armor, but after that what should i use if the enemies get too close? illusion, or destruction?

Xarnac

You can have more than one build, first off. Secondly, you could go mystic archer. Conjuration, Archery, sneak/light armor, whatever magic schools you want other than Conjuration.

Jaeger

My wood elf archer was never seen. He cleared out vampire caves where they was 3 feet from him and died in a heap. Other characters got their asses handed to them and the Nord barbarian could kill some plops quick - just run in and chop heads off or gut 'em. My elf had to buy my light armor skill to get Wind Walker from the merchant trainer in Riften. Sneak everywhere - You want every deer, fox, rabbit pinging you.

After playing a vigilant of Stendarr, I really like the robes, armor boots and gloves look. Go for a expert robe (it's dark) with ebony or daedric boots and armor gloves.

You don't necessarily need to put perks in archery to have a nice bonus to archery. Mostly, you could rely on archery enchantments to boost the damage and if you really want to take advantage of sneal attacks, you could bump deadly aim. I say it's not worth it. Unless you wanna be a full archer, you shouldn't be taking archery perks beyond critical hit. On my mage, I start with a couple sneal bow attacks and then blast with destructin til they're dead.

You don't necessarily need to put perks in archery to have a nice bonus to archery. Mostly, you could rely on archery enchantments to boost the damage and if you really want to take advantage of sneal attacks, you could bump deadly aim. I say it's not worth it. Unless you wanna be a full archer, you shouldn't be taking archery perks beyond critical hit. On my mage, I start with a couple sneal bow attacks and then blast with destructin til they're dead.

The first multiplier you can have access to is Overdraw. Anything else you add, Enchantment, Deadly Aim, and so forth add to this multiplier. I'd say the other perks of optional, but Overdraw (50 is still starting with double base damage.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts