1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Lydia keeps ruining my marriage

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Hallie222, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Hallie222

Hallie222 New Member

Okay so I asked Aela the huntress to marry me to which she said yes. I asked the priest and I waited in the temple of Mara with Aela but when the time came, Lydia's dead body showed up and it said the marriage had failed. After doing some research I saw I needed to apologise to Aela BUT I CAN'T FIND HER ANYWHERE.

Does anyone know where she may be or how this can be prevented in the first place?? Many thanks

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    lizardisok: 2 Points Feb 10, 2018
  2. Specter of Death

Specter of Death Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think it can really be prevented, but I'd say your best bet is to try and find Aela. Where have you checked?

You could also reload your save before the marriage, and then download a follower mod that makes Lydia unkillable.

3. Hallie222

Hallie222 New Member

I checked Jorrkaskr and all over Whiterun and still haven't found her. Would it help to wait a few days and then try and find her again? Thank you so much for your help!

4. Hlíf 'Ulfr

Hlíf 'Ulfr Nothing but a lyre

I once followed my "wife" from the little home she lived in, all the way across the map to our new home. Point of that is that NPC will actually walk from one place to another, so give it some time. Wait a few days, putter around the area and you might have some luck. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

5. Hallie222

Hallie222 New Member

Thank you so much! I played it today and it worked fine, no dead body of Lydia at the wedding which is always a plus... dAMN I hate that Lydia.
    Thank you everyone for your help!