1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Lycanthropy

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by NikolaTesla, Dec 1, 2011.

?

Werewolf or Vampire

1. Werewolf

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
  2. Vampire

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. Aryan Gb Kumar

Aryan Gb Kumar New Member

Is there any other means of Cure?
    I have listened that sometimes, when worshipping lycanthropy Ends.

2. Ebony Knight

Ebony Knight Lore Sword

At this point in time there is no other known cure. If someone managed to get a "cure" from a shrine it was probably a glitch.

Also please delete one of your posts. MASSIVE

3. S.I.L.V.E.R.

S.I.L.V.E.R. New Member

Only cure is Glenmore Witches heads. If you kill all 4 of them, you will have a head for Kodlak, Vilkas, Farkas, and then yourself if you choose to cure yourself. You have to do a radiant quest for both Vilkas and Farkas, also have the heads on you to get their purity quest. They will ask you to help them purify themselves. As far as being a werewolf is by far the best perk.

4. Wetoji

Wetoji New Member

Being a vampire kinda sucks. You have all sorts of weaknesses during the day, and at night when you walk into towns everyone tries to kill you. At least when you're a werewolf you can trigger it when you need it and no one knows you're a werewolf unless you're in beast form. (That always reminds me of that old show Beast wars)

5. Golgo_SPB

Golgo_SPB Active Member

Alright guys I have a few questions about Werewolf form, just cause I want to make a character centered around using it.

Do standing stone effects cross over to the Werewolf form? like the lady stone or lord stone?
    Do perk effects cross over to Werewolf form? like Avoid Death, Magic Resistance (alteration), Atronach, Stability, etc...
    Does the Quiet Casting perk affect Werewolf shouts? And does the Werewolf fear shout count as an illusion spell, for example would it work with Kindred Mage, Animage, and Aspect of Terror?
    Also if I activate adrenaline rush or dragonskin abilities and transform do those racial abilities stay active?

Like I know armor spells and cloaks will stay when transforming, but I was just curious about those other things I listed. I would test em myself but I'm only on the 360 version.

^posted that in a different thread but I feel like I might as well ask here since it's a guide.

6. NikolaTesla

NikolaTesla Admiral Sunna Kyndai

I have answers for some of your questions but not all. ;)
    1. I do belive that the standing stone ablities croos over with, you, not 100% sure, but you can check yourself.
    2. No I don't think perks cross over, a little OP don't you think?
    3. I don't think werewolf shouts are any type of magic, but again I'm not 100% sure.
    4. i don't think the racial abilities are transferable, I'll have to check.

7. Golgo_SPB

Golgo_SPB Active Member

Thanks Tesla, after some reading I do think Standing stone affects crossover with you... at least the constant ones that don't need to be accessed by going to the powers menu.
    I don't mind a little OP when it comes to some constant perk affects that cross over with werewolf form... I'd test Alteration's Atronach perk out with werewolf form but I don't like the idea of my friendly spells being absorbed =(
    I know some constant racial abilities don't cross over like Khajiit constant Unarmed fortification, just curious about the ones that needed to be activated once a day types.

Not trying to break werewolf form just wanted to see what "other" capabilities it might have since some people consider it useless.

I also get this weird glitch where my summons and/or thralls will "die" when I transform much like when I activate a elemental cloak in their presence.