• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

InfinityGuy

This is probably a waste of a new topic but i just cant get over how awesome the Snow Elf stuff was. The whole concept really was awesome. The wayshrines. The falmer armour. The bow. The stories.
The Knight-Palladin. Pretty freakin awesome ill say. Wut do u think?

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
I absolutely dig the snow elves as well. Their ancient armor is badass, the bow is pretty sweet (even if the damage is a bit low), and the whole culture with the wayshrines and sweet looking architecture seems really cool. I would love to see more snow elves in future expansions, even if it's just a few ruins to explore. Now I'm all depressed about them getting turned into the betrayed, haha.

InfinityGuy

If ur skyrim "thinker" (meaning i think about the stories a lot) haha then u can think of the possibilities of the next elder scrolls game. First off ive gone far from knowin stuff about the elder scrolls. from thinking that skyrim and oblivion had nothing to do with each other, to know where the dwarves went haha. Anywayz i had a theory that in the next game the falmer might have been guided by the knight-palladin guy to an awesome race like the other elves and you may even be able to be a snow elf or falmer and cud become a knight-palliden if u were a snow elf. But it wud be a downside to non snow elfs ( which wud be similar to the orc stronghold things in skyrim) so just my theory crap. Anyway i haz a question. Is the Summerset Isles a Monoracial society. Someone on a different sight said they are so just wonderin haha :D

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
It seems likely that the Aldmeri Domionion would not want non-Altmer in their homeland. However, the Bosmer and Khajiit seem to be close to the dominion, so I would assume that there are at least a few of them in Summerset. Personally I don't think the falmer will ever return to their former glory (or be a playable race), but who knows. The Knight Paladin says that he has hope for the Betrayed, and that they have become more intelligent over time. As for where the dwemer went... I don't know. It certainly has the possibility to make for a good DLC story or even a whole game, but something tells me that Besthesda might not be overly-eager to reveal what is probably the biggest mystery in the elder scrolls series.

Natrilis

Since i ever found out about the snow elves, ive wanted to be one. Well, i love all elves (except for altmer... shivers...) which i feel includes bretons and orcs. Wood elves and snow elves are honestly the 2 coolest races in the elder scrolls games. But where do i get the ancient falmer armor and bow?

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
((This post has SPOILERS!!))
The ancient falmer armor is found on the snow elf arch curate after you kill him. He is the knight paladin's brother. The set has boots, gloves, and armor, but no helm. The bow I refered to is Auriel's bow, which is not technically part of the set but has a similar style. I think the armor is on par with glass and the bow does the base damage of the elven bow. Both are much better looking, IMO.

InfinityGuy

>>>>SPOILERS<<<<<

You know if you have an Elf character you can go to the Plactic surgery woman (in the ratways, she can change how you look) and you can change your skin tone to whitish and change your eyes so you can pretty much look like a Snow elf. Then put on the Ancient Falmer Armour and BOOM you look like a snow elf

PelagiusIV

I agree! The Snow Elves and Forgotten Vale were my favorite part of the questline. The armor is by far my favorite, I think its so sweet looking. Wish it came with a helm and some sort of one-handed weapon, but chillrend will do.

>>>>SPOILERS<<<<<

You know if you have an Elf character you can go to the Plactic surgery woman (in the ratways, she can change how you look) and you can change your skin tone to whitish and change your eyes so you can pretty much look like a Snow elf. Then put on the Ancient Falmer Armour and BOOM you look like a snow elf

This post is going to make me go and start a high elf character now, thanks for the info!

Waffles

It seems likely that the Aldmeri Domionion would not want non-Altmer in their homeland. However, the Bosmer and Khajiit seem to be close to the dominion, so I would assume that there are at least a few of them in Summerset. Personally I don't think the falmer will ever return to their former glory (or be a playable race), but who knows. The Knight Paladin says that he has hope for the Betrayed, and that they have become more intelligent over time. As for where the dwemer went... I don't know. It certainly has the possibility to make for a good DLC story or even a whole game, but something tells me that Besthesda might not be overly-eager to reveal what is probably the biggest mystery in the elder scrolls series.
Altmer, Bosmer, Falmer all worship Auriel. Just a point to consider.

Waffles

I agree! The Snow Elves and Forgotten Vale were my favorite part of the questline. The armor is by far my favorite, I think its so sweet looking. Wish it came with a helm and some sort of one-handed weapon, but chillrend will do.

This post is going to make me go and start a high elf character now, thanks for the info!
I would confirm that it's white and not just pale coloured before starting again.

Waffles

((This post has SPOILERS!!))
The ancient falmer armor is found on the snow elf arch curate after you kill him. He is the knight paladin's brother. The set has boots, gloves, and armor, but no helm. The bow I refered to is Auriel's bow, which is not technically part of the set but has a similar style. I think the armor is on par with glass and the bow does the base damage of the elven bow. Both are much better looking, IMO.
The bow supposedly has the fastest draw time of all bows (it's pretty darn fast) and dragonscale armour looks great with the bow too, try it. Although yes the ancient falmer gear is awesome.

InfinityGuy

PelagiusIV If you are looking to make your high elf look exactly like a snow elf then i wed base it off of Knight-Paladin Gelebor (you can see how he looks on Elder Scrolls Wiki) and if your more specific like im making my character i would make him look like Knight-Paladin Gelebor but not use his eyes because Gelebor's eyes are like that because he spent centeries working on gaining his sight so i would make your character's eyes like the eyes on the statue of the snow elf from the thieves guild quest

PS this has been the nerdiest thing ive said today haha

Waffles

PelagiusIV If you are looking to make your high elf look exactly like a snow elf then i wed base it off of Knight-Paladin Gelebor (you can see how he looks on Elder Scrolls Wiki) and if your more specific like im making my character i would make him look like Knight-Paladin Gelebor but not use his eyes because Gelebor's eyes are like that because he spent centeries working on gaining his sight so i would make your character's eyes like the eyes on the statue of the snow elf from the thieves guild quest

Pink eyes? :L

InfinityGuy

haha mo :D
i just finished my guy and he looks exactly like Knight-Paladin Gelebor but guess wut i used a Dark elf hahaha :D

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Auriel (or Auri-El) is the elven aspect of Akatosh, as expained by Gelebor. It seems that the same god is revered by many cultures. However, the snow elves seemed to particularity love him. And as for creating a high elf to look like a snow elf, I think it's a pretty cool idea! I'll have to try it sometime.

Nick_Tbolt

Death to the Snow Elves! They tried purging Skyrim of the Nords! All hail Companion Ysgramor. Jk Gelabor was cool, I hope they bring other back

Redguard level 81 - Enchanted Dragon Sword - Fully Upgraded Werewolf

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
It's too bad the Nords had to fight a race as awesome as the snow elves... Now I really want more SE weapons, armor, and ruins.

InfinityGuy

Ruins would be kool except it wud probably be abandoned ruins to just look around inside since there would be now falmer since the took refuge with the dwarves BUT like in morrowind you can fight Dwarf ghost. Sooo SE ghost wud be kinda kool plus maybe draugr since the nords conquered the Snow Elves (if this was a Skyrim DLC). More SE armour wud be awesome or if they made an update with dawngaurd that has a side quest with Knight-Paladin Gelebor. Anyways im gonna send a pic of my snow elf/ dark elf character soon :)

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Thats the thing about elder scrolls; there are so many cool places you can take the story. While I would love SE ruins, I think the coolest way to continue their story would be to have additional quests with the Knight Paladin. You could find other isolated snow elf hideouts, help the betrayed, and of course find new weapons and armor. Maybe they will be bigger players in a future DLC or the next game.

PelagiusIV

I thought he didn't lose his sight at all? He was in an isolated place (Forgotten Vale/Chantery) and never seeked refuge among the Dwemer, therefore never being given the toxin that caused the blindness.

And I would love to see a picture of your Dark Elf/Snow Elf, I would prefer to use a dark elf but I didn't think you'd be able to make one look close enough.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts