Loved skyrim, will I enjoy oblivion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

skydawg

I really enjoyed playing Skyrim but I'm ready to take a break as I've kind of od'd on it. Having never played oblivion, is it worth playing after playing Skyrim? I guess I'm trying to determine of it will it seem kind of dated and archaic compared to skyrim or is it near it's equal just different? Thanks in advance for any input.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I played Oblivion for around three years, before I started playing Skyrim. I have to say, Oblivion is definitely worth playing. Sure, Skyrim has touched up on a lot that was missing in Oblivion but that's obvious as why would they send out a new game without adding useful content?

Oblivion is very addictive, fun, and easy to play. Like all games, it has it's Pros and Cons:

Pros

• Very Addictive
  • Nice Customization
  • Large range of skills
  • Great Gameplay
  • Alright Graphics
  • Massive amount of quests
  • Lots of places to explore
  • Many shops
  • Buy your own house(s)
  • Typical Thieves Guild, DBH, Arcane University etc.
  • Enchant weapons & armour
  • and more..
Cons
  • Not that good of a Storyline. (in my opinion, it's really repetitive).
  • Basic combat.
  • Old game that hasn't been updated for years, so still has some glitches. (including a dupe glitch)
The Pros massively outmatch the Cons, and that's why it's so worth getting. I spent over 800+ hours on Oblivion.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Yeah TES series is a pretty damn good one to be honest... =)

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
You should totally play oblivion, and I have a suggestion. Unless you're totally against magic, try a mage, they were astronomically better in Oblivion than in Skyrim(my opinion of course.)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I loved Oblivion, there are some things from Oblivion I miss, Hell the Guards were even nicer in Oblivion, least you could walk past and could ask them for directions and about the city, wasn't a "Hey mate, you know where this is?" "Let me guess...someone stole your sweet roll?" I came across an Imperial on the roads in Oblivion, he told me to be careful and if I must travel stay on the roads, I mean not that I stayed on the roads, but it was nice he cared, wasn't a "I took an arrow in the knee" But I do love skyrim also, I guess it depends on your views, I miss being able to bet my money away at the arena (those moments when they are fighting, you're like "FINISH HIM! COME ON HIT HIM ALREADY")

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts