Locked into/out of Blackreach

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Serpwidgets

I tried seaching all over google and haven't found a similar problem or solution... (BTW I'm on Xbox.)

I went through the quest where I got the elder scroll from the Dwemer place and returned it back to the crazy dude in his ice cavern. While in Blackreach I went up each of the lifts trying to leave, and wasn't able to exit from any of them. What I mean is I was locked inside the lift, the gates on all 4 sides wouldn't open, and the only thing I could do was "Activate" the lift with the lever and return to Blackreach. I finally escaped (after going up and down each of the lifts several times to make sure they didn't unlock the second time or something, which is really fun since it takes forever to load each time) by using "Fast Travel" to return to the guy way up in the ice cavern. Now I want to go back to do some mining, but all of the entrances (Raldbthar, Alftand and its lift, Mzinchaleft, and the Tower of Mzark) are locked. Is this area forever inaccessible to me now?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
You do know that when you take a lift up from Blackreach, when you reach the surface you have to activate another switch or lever to open the gate.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
wow, that is one weird problem, but I do have 3 solutions/ideas for you to try. I am pretty sure of of the Dwemer centurions(or something of that sort0 before the entrance to Black Reach has a key... so loot him again and see if that key works. Also are you 100% positives you searched the inside of the caged lifts for a lever/ pull chain to open the gates? i haven't been there in a while so i don't remember it exactly but that could be the case. you could trek back through the dungeon(sorry I forget it's name) and reach it that way, or my final suggestion would be to reload your saves. I hope you find some solution to your problem.

Serpwidgets

You do know that when you take a lift up from Blackreach, when you reach the surface you have to activate another switch or lever to open the gate.
I didn't see it the first time, but I can see it from the outside now that I looked again. But that doesn't help now. How lame if they made it so you can permanently lock yourself out of such a huge area of the game.

NikolaTesla said:
wow, that is one weird problem, but I do have 3 solutions/ideas for you to try. I am pretty sure of of the Dwemer centurions(or something of that sort0 before the entrance to Black Reach has a key... so loot him again and see if that key works. Also are you 100% positives you searched the inside of the caged lifts for a lever/ pull chain to open the gates? i haven't been there in a while so i don't remember it exactly but that could be the case. you could trek back through the dungeon(sorry I forget it's name) and reach it that way, or my final suggestion would be to reload your saves. I hope you find some solution to your problem.
Trekking back through isn't an option. I can't get in, at all. Even the entrance I went into the first time (just southwest of Saarthal) is locked. I did get "key to alftand lift" from the first centurion which was pretty early on, and it's still in my inventory. None of the "doors" even say they are locked, they don't act like they are doors, locked or otherwise... they just act like any other inert wall. I played for several hours doing a bunch of tedious stuff (getting my smithing/enchanting/alchemy stuff done) before I discovered this problem, there's no way I'm going to repeat all of that.

Serpwidgets

Ok after searching outdoors some more I found the "glacial ruins" entrance. It kept sending me to a gate which is not in view of the real entrance. Now I'm in. So I can at least "run" through that and get the stuff unlocked, since I needed to go back through to collect blood samples anyway.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts