1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Living In Skyrim Or Solstheim?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by jarif, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jarif

jarif Well-Known Member

As far as im concerned the dlc should be called ''The elder scrolls : Solstheim'' lol but do you live in skyrim anymore? For me i have to return to skyrim soon for Hearthfire as us ps3 players can build a house but anyway the tittle says it all
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Subtle

Subtle An Unexpected Ally

HAH! Lol the "tittle".

That is all.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Psiberzerker

Psiberzerker Author

I stay in Raven Rock, or Tel Mithryn, but I never was much of a homebody. Another one of my characters married Uthgerd, and lives with her in the Cloud District of Whiterun.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Lizzifer

Lizzifer Watch out for hop-ons.

I hate to admit that I kind of find Solstheim depressing. It just has the feeling of a land just ravaged by fire. Also, the ash spawn scare the living sh** out of me and no way in hell am I going to voluntarily chill with them on my front lawn.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Voodoo_uk2

Voodoo_uk2 Member

Im with Lizzither Solstheim is a great place to Visit but you wouldn't want to live there, i go there to use the BlackBook mostly as all i get in Skyrim when i perform this Dark Evil act is a vision followed by a weird mini Earth Quake
    You can have a lot of fun Exploring different kinds of Wildlife Races and everything but after a while it is quite depressing and i find myself Wanting back to Skyrim
    ps.everything looks soo Ashey
  6. Willow

Willow Member

Honestly, the first time I went to Solstheim I was pretty amazed at how awesome it looks. It doesn't really fit with my "good" nord warrior to reside there full time and I agree that it looks a little depressing, but I do like it. Sometimes the landscape in Skyrim can get a little redundant and I like how Solstheim really does feel like you're on a different planet. I think I'll eventually make a creepy dark elf character and have them live in Raven Rock.
  7. Volanere

Volanere Grand Magister

I didnt like solstheim at all it is always gloomy and dark and filled with to many dark elves lol. I stay in the lakeview manor.
  8. TheLonelyWolve

TheLonelyWolve My precious

Solsthiem is a little dull, too gloomy ect, Once I get hearthfire and dawnguard it's back to skyrim for me.
  9. Cazimir

Cazimir Member

I do not like the Solstheim house. It's so dark and gloomy that I've had to drop torches so I have more light. The environment outside doesn't help either. So, Lakeview Manor shall remain my main base.
  10. Ritterkreuz

Ritterkreuz Active Member

My current Dragonborn has yet to visit Solstheim, but I checked it out quickly on an older build. I'd say Skyrim is definitely going to stay my home. Don't get me wrong, Solstheim is a great place to visit, but it's just not home for me.
  11. Nakatsu_Hime

Nakatsu_Hime Active Member

There's no way I'm staying in Raven Rock. It's far too dusty. I'll keep the Manor I was given - now that someone's actually removed the corpses of the previous residents, but I'll only remain there whilst I have work to do.

I'd like to build a place where there's grass, trees, perhaps a stream and relatively low numbers of wolves, spiders and dragons.