List of Creatures and Corresponding Soul Gems

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
This is a compiled list of creatures and their known level ranges. I put this list together to help people know what creature fills what size soul gem. I would like this to become a "Living" thread and open to expansion. If I missed something or if I mislabeled a creature please let me know and I will make the appropriate edits. It took a good bit of research from several sources but it's finally ready to post.
Just to clarify the level needed to fill each Gem:

Petty: 1-3
Lesser: 4-15
Common:16-27
Greater: 28-37
Grand (Black): 38+ (NPC)

Petty Creatures:
Alpha Wolf
Chicken
Cow
Deer
Dog
Draugr Thrall
Elk
Fox
Frostbite Spider
Goat
Horker
Mudcrab
Rabbit
Skeever
Skeleton
Slaughterfish
Wolf

Lesser Creatures:
Bear
Chaurus
Draugr Restless
Draugr Wight
Falmer Skulker
Falmer
Flame Atronach
Frostbite Spider
Giant Frostbite Spider
Horse
Ice Wolf
Ice Wraith
Pit Wolf
Sabre Cat
Snow Fox
Snowy Sabre Cat
Spriggan
Troll
Werewolf
Wounded Frostbite Spider

Common Creatures:
Cave Bear
Chaurus Reaper
Draugr Deathlord (Common, Greater, Grand)
Draugr Overlord
Draugr Scourge Lord
Draugr Scourge
Falmer Nightprowler
Falmer Shadowmaster
Frost Atronach
Frost Troll
HagravenSnow Bear
Spriggan Matron

Greater Creatures:
Draugr Death Overlord
Giant
Storm Atronach
The Pale Lady
Wispmother

Grand (Black) Creatures: NOTE: Any NPC captured with a Black Soul Gem counts as a Grand Soul
Dragon Priest
Draugr Death Overlord
King Olaf One-Eye (Doesn't require Black Gem)
Mammoth
Potema's Remains

Hope this helps anyone grinding out enchanting or anyone who doesn't have the Black Star yet. Please post any additions you have and help the thread grow!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I'd give more rep but I havn't hit 20 others yet, This is a great guide and much needed info for all those who like to enchant.

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
Thanks for the feedback. Nice to know it wasn't a waste of time :p

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I'd give more rep but I havn't hit 20 others yet, This is a great guide and much needed info for all those who like to enchant.
I gave him 5 Mate to cover you & me...lol

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
Thank you SO MUCH. I have finaly given up on keeping grand soul gems cuz i can never find anything that fills it. I thought for sure that a ice troll would, but they dont. Now i can put those babys to use instead of enchanting each thing individually with the black star. BTW i know its a no brainer, but i wanted to make sure....Dragons dont fill gems.......Even though u absorb there soul by bein dragon born, they should fill a grand soul gem. What beast is grander then a dragon?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
As Dragonborn you absorb a Dragon's Soul, so it CAN"T be contained in a Soul Gem.

OldLace

researcher of all the things
Ah, so I can reap a soul from a summoned creature then? I had not noticed that. Thanks a bunch for listing this, I've been going crazy with my Grand soul gems getting filled with Petty freaking souls.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I know this thread is old but the falmer shadowmaster just gave me a grand soul. Ill check it out a little more but I have all my gems written down as to not put the wrong soul in it

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts