Like math? I could use some help, displayed armor rating.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ReaperEOD

Dragonborn of the planet and element Earth.
[]

Kuurus

Armor effects are additive. ie +50 points from the Lord Stone, or +60 points from Stoneflesh. They do not benefit from any of the multipliers, hence they are added on at the end of the formula.

Skill effects are percentage boosts like Fortify potions.

Edit: I meant to add that on the "worn item rating" and "item quality", your assumptions are correct.. WAR is the total base value of the head/chest/hands/feet and IQ is the total amount those same 4 slots are improved by smithing.

Kuurus

Yeah, it would be cut in half if the shield just benefited from Agile Defender/Juggernaut.

p.s. - nothing to worry about on our earlier exchange. If it weren't for wrong assumptions and misunderstandings between people, the internet wouldn't be such an interesting place ;)

Kuurus

Well, to make it simple, let's take a starting point of 50 WAR, unimproved. Assume 100 skill with no other perks or effects, no shield equipped. This example is also assuming that the NPC likewise has an armor skill of 100.

You - 50*1.4*2=140
NPC - 50*2.5*1=125

If you reduce your perks to 4/5 for an 80% increase, you would come up with:

50*1.4*1.8=126

So it seems like the increased coefficient is equal to about 4 perk points.

Interestingly, I did a little surfing when making the assumption above that the comparison NPC would have the same skill and came across some good information about NPC characters and their determined stats and ability to increase those here - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Classes A lot of good information there in the NPC section about values that govern their behavior as well. If you further investigate individual NPCS, you will find that a good many of them DO have perks, so the premise I believe you were exploring in another thread about playing without perks to limit yourself to the same capabilities as NPCS is not necessarily the case.

Edit: I fixed the calculation on the 4/5 example. The first time I actually reduced the armor skill to 80 and left perks at 5/5, resulting in a value of 112.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts