Lighting bug please help!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You can find the latest driver for your video card here. It was officially released this past July. It may or may not help with your problem. Some of the latest drivers actually created problems with some applications so make sure to make a set point in case you need to roll back to your old driver if it makes things worse.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Lol. You need the 64 bit driver which you can find here (same release date). Your OS is 64 bit. The display mode isn't relevant for the driver.

Froger

We should create a new theard that will have all solutions in one post. I will send one more e-mail to Bethesda to see if something changed.

Process

View attachment 722
I have had skyrim for about a month now and have been able to run it on medium graphics settings with gamebooster on (my laptop is absolute crap) I have not encountered any bugs until now.
I dont know what I did but now when I walk in a shady area (like under a tree or close to a house) the whole screen darkens and looks really horrible. I have tried everything i could think of to fix this. I have put my shadow settings to high, I updated my graphics card (again) and I even re-downloaded skyrim. Nothing works.

As you can see there is a screenshot of helgen as i was standing in the shadows

Details:
My Graphics adapter is an AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
I have a 64-bit windows 7 PC
I know almost nothing about computers

Was there a Skyrim update recently that made this happen? Steam likes to update everything without telling me so i dont know.

I appreciate any help that you can give.
Thank you for your help

Oh and BTW sorry that im probably in the wrong section of the forums. Im a noob :p

Hello.

I had this glitch and I fixed it. I took the following steps to do this:

1) I opened skyrimprefs.ini and I set iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=1024 under [Display].
2) I opened Launcher to set my settings on High but with High Radial Blur Quality.

Hope it works for you as it does for me. I was having shadow problems such as random flickering and when it was day and sunny, I would get odd shade shadows over the playing field.

AMD FX 6100 six-core processor @ 3.3 GHz
8GIG RAM
Windows 7 64 Bit
EVGA Geforce GTX 600

Cheers.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts