Quest Liberation of Skyrim (at Falkreath) glitched? (Xbox360)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bizud

Hi, I bought this game on release day and I've been enjoying the heck out of it. I haven't run into any glitches at all, until tonight.

I joined the Stormcloaks. After "liberating" Whiterun, Ulfric sent me to "liberate" Falkreath Hold and that's what the quest screen says to do. I'm sitting here at the Falkreath Stormcloak camp and the quest marker is over top of Galmar Stone-Fist's head, and clairvoyance leads right to his ass, but he doesn't have anything important to say! I can ask what his reasons for joining the war are, or what the aim of the war is, but there's no option to proceed further in the quest!

I want a fix. I'm on level 44 and spent the last two nights painstakingly levelling up my smithing and enchanting and decking my character out...starting a new character is not an option. I'll go play through Mass Effect 1 and 2 again if I can't continue with this character.

It seems this quest line has more than one reported bug. Apologies if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one that matched this issue exactly.

Thanks.

Edit: Based on some yahoo answers for similar glitches at different parts of the campaign to liberate skyrim where Galmar isn't doing his job, I'm going to walk allll the way from Windhelm through Ivorstead to the camp, and see if that works.

UPDATE: Okay, it's working now! I took a walk through Eastmarch to blow off steam (lol) and approached the camp from Ivorstead, walked up to Galmar and...nothing. I was disappointed, but another tip from Yahoo! answers said to keep talking to him a few times. I backed out of the conversation, then talked to him again, then backed out...anyway, the fourth time I talked to him, the "Reporting in" option was there! VERY strange and I wish I knew exactly what I did, but I'm happy to proceed in any case! So this one's kinda solved! On to Fort Neugrad! :D

Moral of the story: Perseverance + Yahoo! answers.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I've not had that one but I have one where the game tells me I liberated Falkreath hold successfully, yet the quest journal doesn't mark it as completed. I went back to the Stormcloak camp and Mr. Fist wasn't there. Checked my map, and it said to go back to Windhelm to talk to Ulfric. Ulfric, however, had nothing to say. The quest marker was pointed at his buddy. His buddy had nothing to say. But then the journal showed Falkreath completed, and that I should report back to Rolof. Rolof isn't at the camp. So I guess I'll check the freaking fort again. He wasn't there before, but maybe things are different now...ha, yep, now Rolof is there, the quest shows completed, and I'm supposed to go BACK AGAIN to the palace of the kings and have a conversation with Ulfric. Apparently jumping around the map fixed things, if that's of any consolation.

Mannulus

Article Writer
Never had that happen to me when I first tried the Stormcloak quests. Strange, I would of thought that they fixed most of the bugs by now.

Bizud

They haven't fixed this one, that's for sure. Talking to him repeatedly hasn't fixed it.

As near as I can tell it's caused by fast-travelling to camps that you've already discovered instead of walking to the next camp in the storyline. Approaching the destination by walking up the road has always eventually made it work for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts