PS3 Liberate Haafingar Glitch/Bug - Game Breaker =(

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wraithsshdw

I've already talked to Galmar and gotten my quest, I'm off to join the soldiers and take down the fort! Yay, I've gotten past the Galmar stone-fist bug that has recently been plaguing others and it should be clear sailing from here, right? Wrong. When I get to the quest marker arrow, there are no soliders. The quest marks off the meet soldiers objective as completed anyways and adds the kill enemies (100%) objective to my list, but when I go into the fort there are no enemies to kill, and so I can't finish the quest. Anyone else having this problem, or have a fix? I've tried loading earlier saves and paying off the haafingar bounty I had, but nothing seems to fix it. I just downloaded the most recent patch for the ps3 version (1.05) this morning, so I know I'm up to date there. Help, it's a game breaker! I can't finish the civil war if I don't get past this.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Is it this quest in your journal right now:

Skyrim:The Battle for Fort Hraggstad - UESPWiki

If it is, down at the bottom, it says one solution is not to fast travel there but to walk there normally. There's a console code option as well but I see you're on PS3 so that won't be useful to you. Let me know if this is the right quest though.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I had a different, but also game-breaking, glitch with that quest on XBOX, and it fixed itself when I finished the main quest. No idea if that would work for you or if you already have finished the main quest, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case! Good luck with it, I know how heartbroken I was when I thought I wouldn't be able to finish the civil war.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I know if you have to go through and do the Peace Treaty, it will, by the nature of it, deal with any of the civil war issues. So at least there's some hope either way. Thanks for pointing this out, imaginepageant.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
The glitch I encountered actually occurred after I attended the peace treaty; it was just before I was to leave for Skuldafn, which I'd been putting off to finish the civil war questline first. It was only after I finished the main questline that the glitch corrected itself.

Wraithsshdw

I have already finished the main quest, sadly, so that's not a route I can take so far as fixes go.

And yes, it is the battle for fort Hraagstad. I've been walking there anyways, as I haven't discovered that particular location yet. I had been fast traveling to the nearest thing I had found: clearpine pond. Perhaps if I go talk to galmar again and then walk from the camp...

Oh, and completely unrelated but rather amusing glitch I just discovered while messing around with this problem: since I have updated to 1.05, I can no longer drop things out of inventory, I have to store them in something. Weird. Perhaps I should not have updated, I hadn't had ANY glitches til I did. Well, besides the ever-lasting game of reseting the ps3 to kill lag.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I thought the peace treaty was forced on you if you hadn't completed the civil war questline before then end of the main quest?

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Nope, the peace treaty is only triggered if you haven't yet taken Whiterun for either side. Well, wait, I shouldn't say that, as I've only played for the Stormcloaks; after you've taken Whiterun for the Stormcloaks, the new Jarl will automatically say yes to your plot to trap Odahviing, negating the need for the peace treaty. I assume the same would happen if you've taken Whiterun for the Imperials but I don't know for sure.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I see what you're saying. I've always ended the civil war well before hand in my games. On my current playthrough, I'm going for the Peace Treaty route.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
There is no Peace Treaty needed if when you protect Whiterun against the Stormcloaks when doing the Imperial Quest Line.

There is no Peace Treaty needed if when you protect Whiterun against the Stormcloaks when doing the Imperial Quest Line.

When I protected Whiterun from the Stormcloaks, I still had to do the peace treaty, even though Whiterun was safely in the hands of the Empire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts