• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sandy

LYCANHEART
All of a sudden my levelling has slowed right down, any hints on how to level after 60, as my armor and weapon, smithing, enchanting and alchemy are all 100:sadface:

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Use all the skills there are. That's the only way to level-up to 81.

Adam Warlock

What he said.
I`m at level 75 and only have 5 skills left that I can increase with pickpocket the lowest at 39 skill.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
yeah I guess getting to Lv. 81 means you have to betray your characters build/type/story. So... If you were not interested in getting to 81 then its possible you would just stay at a certain level for ever if you didnt intend on using skills your character would never do.

Example. You Mage levelling slows down at level 60. the only way to keep boosting is to use 2-handed axes and heavy armour which technically your character would NEVER do.

Train

Is that all you got?!
There is always another solution...new character, and believe me, leveling goes real fast then...:D

I've never leveled any char. past 62, only went past 50 once, and I start over usually when my current one gets to be around 20-30...maybe I have commitment problems...

sprugly

although the actual level cap is 81 I would consider any character past level 50 done especially once you've got all the skill you use to 100.

After that the only way to continue leveling is to grind the other skills or use the oghma infinatum glitch.

Sprugly

Train

Is that all you got?!
...use the oghma infinatum glitch.

I'm almost afraid to ask because I hate any form of cheating, but what is the Oghma Infinium glitch? When I read the book it just disappears after choosing what to have increased...so I'm confused as to how that works exactly...

Adam Warlock

although the actual level cap is 81 I would consider any character past level 50 done especially once you've got all the skill you use to 100.

After that the only way to continue leveling is to grind the other skills or use the oghma infinatum glitch.

Sprugly
yes , i switched from destruction battlemage to a primarily conjuration/illusionist after level 50 to help progression and now I`ve started to pickpocket bandits even though I never considered myself a cheap crook and have over 700 thou septim.
I for one am looking forward to doing some of the major quest lines as a level 81 god-like character who can simply choose not to use abilities that don`t fit his character.
Plans are to get to lvl 81 , then resume main quest with Diplomatic Immunity and when completed , join the Stormcloaks , and finally the Companions.
That still leaves siding with the Empire , the DB , and Thieve`s guild for my next more evil character.
THIS GAME IS AWESOME !

sprugly

Basically the oghma infinaum glitch let's you use the book multiple times. You could theoretically get to level 15 to do the quest, get the book and go straight to level 81.

It works cause the book takes 1 whole second to leave your inventory, so in that second you can drop it so you can read it again later.

There's a certain technique to it using a bookshelf but I've not done it myself yet. It sits in my house waiting for me!
Sprugly

Adam Warlock

I had slowed down considerably in my 3 combat skills (all at 80) to discover it was because my weapons were too good for my own good !
Turns out that skill gain xp points are given for the BASE damage only for each hit.
Because I was one or two shotting my foes with smithing improved /double enchanted steel , I was getting less xp per kill than just using an ordinary unimproved weapon like an ebony mace(s) or daedric warhammer/bow.
Let`s face it , you are practically invulnerable by the end-game so you can afford to take some shots while whittling down your opponent resulting in more xp gain per enemy`s hp lost. You can always use a shout or magic if they really start to hurt you.

perkecet

my guy right now is level 55, and is an all around mage. at this point im at 100 in all magic but restoration. im also part stealth, and my speech and sneak are around 90. at this point ive had to start using different skills than my build is made for. the one ive been doing a bit of recently is two handed, since i LOVE whacking the crap outta people with volendrung.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
One way of boosting your non-maxed skills would be to activate the right Guardian Stone (or the Lover Stone), and combining it with the Well Rested perk. Not the fastest way, but better than nothing.

XbSuper

I'm almost afraid to ask because I hate any form of cheating, but what is the Oghma Infinium glitch? When I read the book it just disappears after choosing what to have increased...so I'm confused as to how that works exactly...

Open a bookshelf as if you were putting the oghma infinium on the shelf, before putting it there, read the book, then, without closing the inventory, put the book on the shelf, close the inventory, take the book off the shelf(do not read it), rinse and repeat as desired.

perkecet

i believe that exploit no longer works. ive read about a new way to do it that is much more involved. it actually copies the book so you dont keep it it makes a second one. im not sure how it works since the only time i ever did it was a few months ago when the above method worked like a charm

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts