Xbox 360 Leveling Question.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tragik

Premium Member
Hello all, I have now put on my plastic rain coat in preparation for the tomatoes that could be thrown at me..

My question is regarding leveling, so to get terminology correct there are two leveling to this game.. Your character level (say 39) and your skill level (say 100 smithing), your level 39 increases from my skills increasing (from my understanding).

Say I only use 3 main skills (this is for example only), Archery/Smithing/Sneak and of course your rare items like Lockpicking, speach, etc.

Now, if i max out all 3 of my main skills to 100 then will my level 39 stop increasing? Or say my archery is at 100 but my level 39 will still increase as I shoot people with arrows but my archery stays maxed at 100?

Maybe this is a dumb question but it concerns me that I will get stuck and not increase my level 39. I really don't find much interest in such things as pickpocket or alchemy so I don't do that stuff.. (sneak character)

Thanks.

Garrison

Frankly this what I love about the game; you level as a result of doing the things that appeal to you.

Armor and block will increase on their own as take your lumps, and other skills like some of the magic and alternate (melee) weapons are going to be hard to ignore as well. Speech as well will increase simply through interacting with vendors. So while you're correct, I believe that there are enough skills for you to ignore the ones you have no use for, and still build a character that can dominate.

tragik

Premium Member
Thanks Garrison, my maxed skills are Speach, Smithing, and Sneak. Right now the only thing I see increasing as I go is Archery (level 60 ish), One Handed and Enchanting (Of course lockpicking but rarely).

Garrison

Plus Light Armor & Block. And Restoration would figure to go up, unless you're relying solely on potions for your healing.

Depending on how you enjoy playing and where you want to end up, you can always invest time in boosting skills you have no use for, simply to acquire the 10 points and perk associated with leveling. I'm doing this for things like Alchemy and Illusion; it's kind of dull, but it serves a purpose.

tragik

Premium Member
yea. I never need restoration because I use potions and only dragons mess me up. Light armor I don't get hit enough and Don't have block due to bows and knives. You are right about the boosting though on things I hate (alchemy). Maybe my difficult is not high enough (did default) but don't want to restart till I am fully tired of assassin character lol. I can typically sneak through a dungeon or fort and kill everyone with no threat to me (mostly bows), I do take my time and make sure I have a way "out" or hiding place. thanks for the suggestion.. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts