• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
If you are like me you will travel to Soltheim at level 1.
So, are you speaking from Experience here? You come out in a City, and don't get attacked until you leave the Bulwark, one way or another. As long as you stay in town, you can get/make Bonemold, or Chitin, walk around, and talk together, that's fine. If you head out to the ash wastes, and so forth, you might run into trouble. Do not take advice from people who are just saying what They will do When they get there...

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
So, are you speaking from Experience here?
Well I have been playing it since the day it came out on xbox. Even the armor from the dead guard right outside of town didn't help much against the ash spawn. From a fresh level one character you dont really have the money or supplies to craft or buy a decent set of armor from town.

Get off your high horse asshole.

Even the armor from the dead guard right outside of town didn't help much against the ash spawn. From a fresh level one character you dont really have the money or supplies to craft or buy a decent set of armor from town.
Armor doesn't protect against magic, unless it's enchanted to. Ash Spawn do some physical damage, but the vast majority of it is Fire. That's why the bonemold didn't help. Try Enchanting, it will work a lot better than Smithing. Also, I had no way of knowing what you have, or haven't done, but the way you worded it, it sounded like you hadn't. Also, if you represent yourself as F'n stupid, don't be surprised when you get treated that way.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I'm about to start the DLC in my mid-50's. I'll be wearing Dragonscale, smithed to legendary and fully enchanted and a wicked bow with full archery/sneak perks, so hopefully I'll be okay...

I'm about to start the DLC in my mid-50's. I'll be wearing Dragonscale, smithed to legendary and fully enchanted and a wicked bow with full archery/sneak perks, so hopefully I'll be okay...
Yeah, you'll be fine. That right there is pretty much the exact Power Level the game seems to be set at. It won't be a breeze, but you won't be Under powered at all, neither.

Morgan

I started a new char for Dragonborn and ran her there at level one. I did this by completing BFB letting Faendal do all the work, then hid in the tower during the dragon attack. I was in Ivarstead when the Cultists attacked, so again I ran and hid while Faendal and the guards made short work of them. In this way I arrived at Raven Rock as a true level one. In BFB I was lucky to find a couple of pieces of armor of the squire, so my modified light armor skill was 45 or so, but other than that I was wearing hide armor and shield, hunting bow, and smallsword (from the JaySuS pack). The game was set to Expert difficulty.

I stuck with ranged against the ash spawn outside the gate. With Faendal and the guards, they fell quickly, although the miniscule amount of damage my shots did relative to their overall health was a bit troubling. After that I ran through the woods along the coast in no particular direction. I was surprised by a couple of ash hoppers, and this was my first real fight as a level one, since I had to face them at melee with no guards. Ultimately I dispatched them, but I did make use of a tactical levelup. After that I saw a ship camp on the beach, and decided to investigate.

A bandit was standing in the gate of the camp, and I took him out with two shots. "Hmm, these guys don't seem that hard" I thought, and charged in to attack the rest at melee. What I learned here is that the random bandits use regular level tables, so the underlings were all in my range. The reaver in charge of them, however, not so much. He came out and walloped me down to about 5% health. I ran like the dickens and chugged potions. Then I approached him more circumspectly. He had a big two-hander, and I think the extra armor protection from my lucky finds was all that kept him from one-hitting me. However, he was also very slow because of it.

I found that I could block until he swung then bash him, and while he staggered I could hit him three or four times. So it was "Blooooock . . . Bash! Swap! Swap! Swap! Blooooock . . . " etc. If I mistimed the block and he hit me, I was again down to just barely alive and had to run and chug potions or cast healing. This happened a few times (I started off with about 20 minor healing potions and had none left by the end). Remember that this whole time Faendal is off to one side unloading arrow after arrow into the guy. I was also able to benefit from two tactical levelups (so I entered the fight at level two and finished it at level four). During one of my terrified sprints away from him when I'd mistimed a block, I ran into another nest of ash hoppers. One of them attacked me and I had to fight it off, but the other attacked the reaver, which in the end helped out a lot.

So anyway, yeah, that was doable, but not easy by any standard. This character is now at around level 20 and has progressed to the point of rescuing a certain Nord village, learned a couple new words, and found two Black books. None of the fights have been as hard as that first reaver though. I highly recommend it if you have patience and love a challenge, but I highly recommend against it if you just want to get through the content.

Theteenage dragonborn

the teenage dragonborn
you shouldn't go at the start tho u can go whenever you want its just the quest line wont start. anyway when i went to Solstheim i was level 27 because my main which is level 67 is too overpowered and was on steam and i want to play early so i used my Xbox. when i went i had good frost spells, adept frost storm is a good one as it will kill the ash bringers quickly. make sure you have decent armour and perks, try getting ebony armour before going i did thru smithing but go to some shrine near windhelm and there is a quest there to retrieve it easier

Hope that helped

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
newb here. but why would you take a follower with a sneak character anyway? mine always fluffs up the sneak and go rambo the whole time. backstab with a improved daedric dagger don't even kill a monster in dragonborn?!
I always take a follower with my sneak characters because if things get hot and heavy I can retreat and wait until I'm hidden again to get my sneak bonus while they attack. (I tend to use only bows, it's not as OP as backstabbing.)

On topic: I started Dragonborn at level 36 and I'm having a fairly okay time with it. Not too hard, but not too easy, either...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts