Lets Play: Would you rather?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
easy. I uninstall to install it again. :D

would you rather resist arrest or pay for your crime?

Dzylon

Resist arrest, both IRL and in-game.

Would you rather be locked in a room with a million doors and one key, or a million keys and one door? Only one door corresponds to the correct key.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Mh, interesting. But I think I’ll go with the room with a million keys and one door. Even if each door in the other scenario were only 50cm wide they would span a length of 500km and checking every single one could take weeks (not to mention the exhaustion of walking that distance). In the second scenario on the other hand you’d sit in front of the door, put the key pile on your left and throw them to your right after you tried them. Much easier, methinks.
By the way, did you come up with that yourself or did you already know this (or a similar one) from someone/something else?

Would you rather work one hour per day and earn $1,500 each month or work 10 hours per day and earn $15,000 each month?

Dzylon

did you come up with that yourself or did you already know this (or a similar one) from someone/something else?
Came up with it myself. It's worth noting that in both scenarios you are provided with unlimited time.

Your question shall carry on:
Would you rather work one hour per day and earn $1,500 each month or work 10 hours per day and earn $15,000 each month?

Broodje

Panem et circenses
$1,500 (€1,200, or something like that) is enough for me (at my age) to live with, but I couldn't live long enough with it, would go for the 10 hours a day, isn't that much different from college now anyways...

Would you rather walk on your knees for an eternity or swim for an eternity (please no arrow to the knee joke D:

Dzylon

Swim. I love swimming, it would be no problem at all. Besides, if I were to be swimming for eternity, drowning would be impossible.

The ability to stop time for five minutes once a week, the ability to stop time for an hour once every four months, or the ability to rewind time by five minutes once a year?

Nowhere does it say there can't be three.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Swim. I love swimming, it would be no problem at all. Besides, if I were to be swimming for eternity, drowning would be impossible.

The ability to stop time for five minutes once a week, the ability to stop time for an hour once every four months, or the ability to rewind time by five minutes once a year?

Nowhere does it say there can't be three.
Rewind time by 5 minutes once a year. Nothing is more powerful than learning from mistake without any consequence.

Would you rather have a happy but meaningless life or unhappy but meaningful life?

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
unhappy but meaningful life, for sure. Sometimes you can't have it your way and I'd rather make a difference if I couldn't have it my way.

Would you rather sleep on the street with all the food you could eat or sleep in a house with barely anything to eat?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
The former. Housing is not as vital as food. Even if instead of “street” you had written “woods” I would still go with it.

Would you rather be able to levitate/fly or teleport?

Dzylon

Given the Earth rotates at some one thousand miles per hour, not taking into account the revolution of the Earth around the sun or the *theoretical* rapid expansion of the universe outwards, teleportation would kill me. So, I'll go with the former.

I'll do some easy ones now. iPhone or Android?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, the form of teleportation that I had in mind would work by navigating with the help of fixed locations so that the problem which you described (and which I also considered in the past) wouldn’t occur. Alternatively, the universe would freeze the instant you begin the teleport and would only unfreeze as soon as it is finished.
Is your answer still the same?

Also, iPhone.

Would you rather be able to
a) survive without any nutrients whatsoever (i.e. without liquid, food, air, sunlight, ...) - although you could eat, drink and breath for fun - and age normally
or
b) not age (and be immortal of sorts) but still need to eat, drink, breath et cetera?

Dzylon

I still choose levitation/flying. Teleporting is overrated.

I would choose b. Unlike normal immortality, I can choose to die when I feel it's time (by not drinking). My accomplishments would be indefinite, even though everyone close to me would eventually die.

Would you rather maintain your body (no medical issues, no change in physical ability unless you choose to improve it, no change in appearance except for fingernails/hair) you had/have/will have in your prime and die fifteen years earlier, or live and age as usual?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I'd choose to live and age as usual. I like living on the edge with surprises left and right, not knowing whether I will live or die. Besides that i'm sure everyone will probably pester you for the formula for anti-aging or ask you where you found the fountain of youth all the time.

Would you rather be able to play Skyrim but slowly lose your hair (on every part of your body) every time you play it or be able to play Mass Effect but slowly lose your eye sight (you will not go fully blind)? Keep in mind that you do not have the money to do hair transplant or laser eye surgery.

Dzylon

In my scenario, you would still be susceptible to mortal wounds. But, whatever. Carry on.
Would you rather be able to play Skyrim but slowly lose your hair (on every part of your body) every time you play it or be able to play Mass Effect but slowly lose your eye sight (you will not go fully blind)? Keep in mind that you do not have the money to do hair transplant or laser eye surgery.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Lose hair and play Skyrim.

I still choose levitation/flying. Teleporting is overrated.
How so?

Would you rather want a world where there is no violence or a world where there are no diseases, illnesses et cetera?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
"Would you rather want a world where there is no violence or a world where there are no diseases, illnesses et cetera?" ~ Demut

Does this mean there is no microbiology? lol

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
In that scenario humans just have a really, really badass immune system and self-repairing DNA so there would be no genetic disorders or mental illnesses either ;>

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
world with no violence. without disease and illness, there would be no incentive for medical technology so science cannot move on!

would you rather transfer your consciousness onto a computer or copy one onto a computer?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Errr, but medical technology isn’t the only reason for scientific advancement. In the same way one could argue that in a world without violence there would be no military spending (which obviously advanced technologies much, much more than medicinal research) :|

As for your question, what exactly is the difference between the two?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts