• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Legends
    Legends Writing Website
    This is the home page for the Creative Writing Group called "Legends". Here, you can find all of the links to each member, as well as any other existing links. Things from RP's, Fan Fictions, and even creative writings. The Purpose of this thread is planned to be a discussion for any and all subjects underneath the Legends series. Any writers who have participated in Legends, are welcome to post here, and so are those who have any questions. I hope you enjoy checking out this Series, Thanks!
    This Week's Featured Art: Northern Grasslands by Jeremy Paillotin
    northern_grasslands_by_jeremypaillotin-d7awj39.jpg
    Information and Background
    Now, I know that this concept can be confusing, which is why I made this thread. I want to connect all participating writers in a way that gives us unity. So we all can be a part of something. So that we all can develop our own dimension within the Elder Scrolls Legacy, as well as any other Legacy we wish. I want our world, or worlds, to be connected from story to story, in such a way, that everything may become seamless. This could yield endless results and stories, ideas and characters, and allow all of us to be in control of something greater than just a character or a single RP. But rather be in control of our own creative lineage, that way, almost anything can happen.
    It's only an Idea. But I hope it becomes More than that.
    The Worlds & Stories of the Legends Series
    Now, this whole idea, was originally based around one story and original cannon. But Now, I would like to expand a lot farther than that. Here, we have a list of all current Worlds, Stories and Universes that people of the Legends Series are currently writing in. This list may constantly expand as time progresses, so check on this whenever you can.
    Elder Scrolls Universe
    "The Order" RP Series | Created by: Specter of Death
    Series Description
    Series RP's
    [IC:OOC] A Long Journey | By: Specter of Death [Completed]
    [IC:OOC] Games of a Predator | By: Specter of Death [In Progress]
    [IC:OOC] Rise of Dinok | By: Specter of Death [On Temporary Hold]
    Series Fan-Fictions
    [FF] The Undying | By: Specter of Death [In Progress]
    [FF] Beginning with an End | By Valin Oakthorn [In Progress]​
    Other Elder Scrolls Series will be added Soon
    Star Wars Universe
    Heros on Both Sides is Currently preparing their series for this Universe​
    Other Star Wars Series will be added Soon
    Pokémon Universe
    Specter of Death is Currently preparing a series for this Universe
    Other Pokémon Series will be added Soon
    Members
    Information and Useful Links
    RP Timeline & Organization [Developing]
    Signatures and Art [Developing]
    News and Updates
    To Join the Group:
    1. One of the utmost important factors for joining this writing group is Originality. We don't like plain old stories or ideas that have been done before. We want to see something that will blow us away, something that will keep us on our toes, so please surprise us.​
    2. In order to be considered for acceptance into our group, you must have one of 3 things: You must have a unique and original idea for an RP, Fan-Fiction, or other creative type writing, within one of the existing writing series. You must have a unique and original idea for a series of RP's, Fan-fictions, and other creative type writings, for an existing fandom universe. If the Universe isn't presented above, don't worry! If your idea is good enough, the universe will be added to allow your idea flourish. You must have participated in one or more of any RP's or other creative type writing, within any Series in the list above. Don't expect to be added to this list upon joining an RP automatically, you must ask to join.​
    3. You must post an Application of Sorts. Just like you would post a CC if you were to apply to an RP, we would like to see some of your stuff. Here is the application info that we would like to see:​
    Your Reason for Joining: (Series or RP ideas, or RP's that you've taken part in within our different series)​
    Why you would like to join:​
    How you found us:​
    (Only for Series or RP ideas) A description of your idea, and the Universe/series it would take place in:​
    (Only for RP participants) Which RP's you've been a part of, and your plans when you join:​
    Answering Any questions we have for you as well:​
    4. You must be YOURSELF. We aren't super strict when it comes to joining, but we do hope to honor ourselves and our writing here. So don't get nervous about applying, odds are, you will be accepted. But never stray away from who you want to be as a writer here, and you are almost guaranteed a position.​

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Welcome New Members Celduin, Thoron Ohta'en'huine, Heros on both Sides, CapObvious, Valin Oakthorn and Gidian! I appreciate your guys' support and confidence in our project here, and I encourage any and all ideas you have to improve our new group!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    This is my idea for my Fan Fiction. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I wanted it to be semi-related to this world, all while being based on an in-game character that I am playing. My plan is to start with his beginnings with entering Skyrim. For his pre-skyrim story, I was thinking something along he lines of prison, and then getting transfered to Helgen.

As for the story, I wanted him to be some sort of help for Law Enforcement. I was thinking the Imperials, and sometimes the stormcloaks as a consultant of sorts. I also wanted the Penitus Oculatus to play a large roll.

Right now, it is just a working idea. When I have a breif CC describing who he is, it may provide a bit more insight on exactly what this story may be. Tell me what you think!

This will be updated below!

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Hello everybody. I'm finally starting to work on my fanfic that I have been planning for a while. It'll be a part of the Legends series so if you all could check it out, that'd be great. Here's the intro.

"He warned me. I chose to ignore him. Now I've lost almost everything, and it's time for revenge."
    For years I sat on throne of my pack. I formed the Tall Trees Wolfpack, I made it a success, I brought us into an age of joy and relaxation. We had no worries. We were untouchable by the Silver Hand and each struggle that we faced only seemed to make us grow stronger. It was perfect, and now it has come crashing down.

Hircine told me that I could not live this life much longer. It went against the very embodiment of the lycan. "Hunt by night, and be hunted by day." Those are the words. I chose to ignore the very being that gave me this power. Now there is little hope for us. Revenge seems like the only option, or am I just too blind to see another? Like I was too blind to see all this coming?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Well, for my Fan Fiction, I wanted something that could lie between the events of Legends 4E 201 and Legends 4E 301, which is the time period where Pathfinders is planned to take place. Something that could help introduce major problems and issues in the RP, as well as continue during the RP as well. I originally had the idea to use only one character, but I have since recently decided that it may be more interesting to do multiple characters, with separate stories, that could possibly meet up later on. OH, and obviously none of this can be based on in game activities. Here is what I have on possible character/character combos that I would like to focus on from chapter to chapter:

Thalmor Justicar or maybe Ex Thalmor - Somebody that could've once been Influenced by The Order. However, this character wouldn't be somebody skilled in combat at any means. I want him to be the sort to stand back and shout orders or something like that. I wanted him to be sort of a Manipulator of the Mind or sorts. I want him to be able to manipulate how people think and act, while subconsciously influencing them to do so. Maybe he came from some sort of caravan that made money by doing entertainment or something like that, a Carnival or Fair if you would like, but on a smaller scale. But that is all that I would like for him, other than during the FF being haunted by his history with the Thalmor and The Order.

I also wanted a Protector and child combo, possibly Father Daughter, or Siblings - I want them to be running from something due to to something powerful that the little girl possesses. Maybe a keen affluence with magicka? Just a working thought.

Maybe an Acrobat + Vigilante type of character - somebody extremely skilled in acrobatics, climbing, and movement, but very little in combat. Maybe works for another form of the Thieves Guild or something. Similar to the Grey Fox of Oblivion, but not nearly as powerful.

Possibly some Twins highly skilled in magicka when together, but utterly useless when apart - Probably kicked out of the College for some sort of setup or something. They have a fear of the Order due to experiments on their paired minds. Maybe they have telekinetic abilities when with each other? HMMM.

And last, an insight into the Order every so often. Maybe in chapters like this, I would go behind enemy lines, but not as a specific character, in order to present some sort of idea of how evil The Order is. Maybe every chapter like this would be the meeting that they have every so often about certain updates?

-~~8~~-

So, with all of this, I've decided to start working on my Thalmor character a bit. But I didn't know where in the Thalmor I wanted him to be. So, I'm working on a Rank Sheet for them, using some various information sources and other things. Tell me what ya'll think so far, I want as much input and constructive criticism as possible.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Well, for my Fan Fiction, I wanted something that could lie between the events of Legends 4E 201 and Legends 4E 301, which is the time period where Pathfinders is planned to take place. Something that could help introduce major problems and issues in the RP, as well as continue during the RP as well. I originally had the idea to use only one character, but I have since recently decided that it may be more interesting to do multiple characters, with separate stories, that could possibly meet up later on. OH, and obviously none of this can be based on in game activities. Here is what I have on possible character/character combos that I would like to focus on from chapter to chapter:

Thalmor Justicar or maybe Ex Thalmor - Somebody that could've once been Influenced by The Order. However, this character wouldn't be somebody skilled in combat at any means. I want him to be the sort to stand back and shout orders or something like that. I wanted him to be sort of a Manipulator of the Mind or sorts. I want him to be able to manipulate how people think and act, while subconsciously influencing them to do so. Maybe he came from some sort of caravan that made money by doing entertainment or something like that, a Carnival or Fair if you would like, but on a smaller scale. But that is all that I would like for him, other than during the FF being haunted by his history with the Thalmor and The Order.

I also wanted a Protector and child combo, possibly Father Daughter, or Siblings - I want them to be running from something due to to something powerful that the little girl possesses. Maybe a keen affluence with magicka? Just a working thought.

Maybe an Acrobat + Vigilante type of character - somebody extremely skilled in acrobatics, climbing, and movement, but very little in combat. Maybe works for another form of the Thieves Guild or something. Similar to the Grey Fox of Oblivion, but not nearly as powerful.

Possibly some Twins highly skilled in magicka when together, but utterly useless when apart - Probably kicked out of the College for some sort of setup or something. They have a fear of the Order due to experiments on their paired minds. Maybe they have telekinetic abilities when with each other? HMMM.

And last, an insight into the Order every so often. Maybe in chapters like this, I would go behind enemy lines, but not as a specific character, in order to present some sort of idea of how evil The Order is. Maybe every chapter like this would be the meeting that they have every so often about certain updates?

-~~8~~-

So, with all of this, I've decided to start working on my Thalmor character a bit. But I didn't know where in the Thalmor I wanted him to be. So, I'm working on a Rank Sheet for them, using some various information sources and other things. Tell me what ya'll think so far, I want as much input and constructive criticism as possible.
    I can do the father daughter thing. It's something I already had planned, though it would ruin all hope of complete continuity between your RPs and mine xD (idm though). I'd have to think a bit on the power the little girl possesses though. I have a few ideas.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I think you misunderstood G. This is a singular project I'm working on. A Fan Fiction, I won't be asking for other people's help in writing, but I would love input and thoughts. Which is why I posted it here. Thanks though. :D

Sent from my Samsung GS4

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I think you misunderstood G. This is a singular project I'm working on. A Fan Fiction, I won't be asking for other people's help in writing, but I would love input and thoughts. Which is why I posted it here. Thanks though. :D

Sent from my Samsung GS4
    Yeah, I thought this was kind of a hub for EVERYTHING, and assumed you were talking RPs. I can definitely help later, but I'm currently running up my phone's data plan, so later.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    your acrobat description is very similar to Edward. He's not that skilled in combat, extremely efficient with mobility, and has connection with thieves guild.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ya. Maybe so, but I was picturing something more like Robin, without all the combat. And not necessarily the thieves guild. This is set in the near future so who know what could change.

Sent from my Samsung GS4

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    OK, now I am continuing the work that I am doing on my plans for the Fan Fiction, starting with characters. More specifically, I am starting with the Ex-Thalmor character. Now, I was wanting to have some sort of insight on how this character was tied with the Thalmor rank wise. Now, in order to do this, I wanted to do some research into a Ranking system for the group. Though no system is ever mentioned, using Lore and whatnot, many speculate a system of rank, I am just going to put one together. So here is my attempt using some research, if you have any thoughts or critiques, let me know.

Now before we start out, I would like to clarify a specific title held by a lot of the Thalmor; The Justicar, or Talos Hunters, can be any skilled rank of the Thalmor, and require a lot of experience and skill. They are those in the Thalmor that hunt the worshipers of Talos. They are offered the full support of Thalmor Forces, and are often aggressive towards those outside the Thalmor Ranks. They are required to travel most of the province they are in, in search of worshipers of Talos. This Rank or Title exists more in Skyrim, do to it's people's higher worship in the Nordic God. Some within the ranking of the Thalmor hold the Title of Justicar, most of which higher rank, so that there job is much easier. NOW, back to ranks.

1st Emissary/Ambassador: The Leader of the Thalmor in a province, the representative of the Thalmor. They hold strong ties to any allies of the Thalmor in the province, and are very well known and respected. Almost never Justicar.

2nd Emissary: Though they aren't seen in game, the presence of a 3rd Emissary suggests their presence. Probably the main adviser to the Ambassador, carrying out orders, maybe even traveling around the province, asking for support of Thalmor presence. Could be Justicar, due to the fact that they aren't as respected as the ambassador, but hold highest power after them.

3rd Emissary: Main advisor to 2nd Emissary, probably doing the same mundane jobs for the 2nd, as the 2nd does for the 1st. Probably keeps the loyalties of locals in tact, as well as keeps in touch with all leaders. Could be Justicar, this is the ideal amount of power for a Justicar, being that they only take orders from 2 others, and hold power over all others.

Thalmor Advisors: Representatives to the Thalmor that hold presence in towns or cities, maybe even clubs or factions. They offer potential guidance to leaders, and give important information back to the Thalmor. Very possible that they are Justicar, due to their wide spread around a province. An example of a Thalmor Advisor could be Ancano in the College of Winterhold.

Thalmor Agents: Come in many Ranks and very in importance. Some are simple Freelancers, that do their work at their will around a province, occasionally sending intel back to the embassy. Some are informants, that go undercover in certain situations, possibly in factions that are potential threats. They even have assassins, that kill dangerous targets that pose threats to the Thalmor. Any agent could be a possible Justicar, due to their flexibility and freedom within he Thalmor ranks.

Generals: These Thalmor take control over groups of Troopers and Soldiers, carrying out orders from all those above them, in order to carry out simple tasks. There are plenty of Generals throughout the Thalmor, all of which patrol the province that there embassy belongs too. This is probably the lowest level a Justicar will be. The lack of power around this rank makes it harder for their job to get done, but they hold the loyalty of any troops they control, which can offer an opposing force.

Troopers/Soldiers: These Thalmor are simple footmen for the Thalmor. Basically the muscle that stands behind them. The come in 3 Varieties, all of which offer different strengths and weaknesses. Wizards are the most powerful of which, due to the fact that all Mer are pretty skilled in the Arcane Arts, and most Thalmor are Altmer, which adds to that. Archers and Warriors are very strong in group battles, allowing them to overwhelm an enemy. Attacking them up front, or from a distance. Probably never Justicar, unless they may be an agent that lies undercover.

Guards/Initiates: The lowest rank among the Thalmor. Probably just joining, guarding semi-important items or areas for the Thalmor, often in training as well. Never Justicar. The Thalmor wouldn't give this much responsibility to a rank this low.

Now, I don't expect this to be super accurate, but I expect it to be relatively reliable. There are probably some missing ranks and some information could be gone, but I used many sources to get this information. I will be using this in any other RP's under the Legends Series, and my Fan Fiction as well. Mainly because The Order has very strong ties within the Thalmor. I need as much info as I can get with all of this, so if anybody sees any issues, or has more information, let me know, because I will add it/update this list so that it becomes more and more accurate over time.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    UPDATES: Added Links to Home Page, and Home Post | Updated Featured Art |

I am working on My Fan Fiction, slowly, adding more information on my roster of Characters for it. I may post a couple Character Desciptions here soon.

I will also be launching the Private Re-make of A Long Journey, with a couple of my buddies of mine.

Valin posted another installment on Beginning with an End, check it out in the links on Home Post.

I am currently working on our Timeline, and Cannon Lore page for the entire Legends Series, in order to make it very simple for users to understand.

From here on out, I am going to start making it so OOC's for separate RP's and whatnot are strictly for recruitment, and here will be the discussion thread for all active members. [ANY CURRENT RUNNING RP'S ARE EXEMPT FROM THIS CHANGE]

Thanks for the Support, and Checkout the Legends Homepage here: specter-of-death.weebly.com

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Just posted the firest installment of my Fan Fiction "The Undying" Links are listed in the 1st post.

I will also be starting the Pathfinders here pretty soon. Links above as well. Thanks!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Updates: Added and Moved some things around in the Link List. Also, Welcome Back Farth! Glad to Have you back in Games of a Predator again! We will now be making the full OOC transition here, and keep our RP OOC's for CC's and Non-Member questions.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Of Course you can Join Pathfinders! It isn't exactly started yet. I have the OOC page up right now, but I don't have any info on it. I have an idea about what the RP is going to be, but I have to discuss with my other writers about the ideas. Heros and Thoron are the ones who wanted the idea to become an RP so we are working on it as we go along. So it will be getting started here during the week. Not exactly sure when though.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hey Legends Members! If you would like a special Surprise, please do Something for me (if not, then your loss):

1. Give me a piece of Artwork that you think represents you really well. (If you have trouble with this, just google things that you like until you find something.

2. Give me a link to a song that you think represents you really well.

3. The CC that represents you the best, in your opinion.

Do these 2 things, and here pretty soon, I will have a special surprise for you!

Cap, Gidian and Valin - How are posts coming for GoP?

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Nevermind, Found it. :D

One small problem though.

HOW IN THE NINE HELLS DID I NOT NOTICE THIS THING'S EXISTENCE????

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts