OOC Legends: Rise of Dinok (Recruiting & Discussion)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ok. IDK when It will be done. But if you have any picture preferences just let me know. Otherwise, I can get started. :D

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Add the dragon pic from my current sig aligned to the left (and the text to the right) instead of the tattoed face.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ok. Do you like the Text in mine, or would you prefer the one in your current? Or maybe the God of War one we discussed originally?

Hey guys sorry i didn't post my writing, i totally spaced it. My B. Ill just write about one of the contracts that Thoron had while working with the dark brotherhood.

While traveling threw cyrodiil, I made it up to Skyrim. I thought i should visit Falkreath for a little bit of gold. I met up if one of the few people in the dark brotherhood i liked and he gave me a contract. Soran Torbarke. A murderer, rapist, and thief. My favorite. I will not accept a contract if they have not done something truly wrong. People like Soran do not deserve to live, so i will keep him from killing or hurting anymore innocent people. Soran only commits crimes in falkreath because he knows he cant get in trouble with his brother in charge of all prisoners in the jail. My informant told me that Soran would be in Dead Man's Drink around midnight. So i have plenty of time until I need to exacute my plan.

I walked around Falkreath for about an hour looking for Soran, but no sign of him. I figured he was just inside somewhere until Kandrimme came down onto my shoulder. He had seen him outside of a house pissing. Kandrimme flew back up and to where he saw Soran. I connected with Kandrimme and saw that Soran was sitting there with a woman, a dark haired nordic woman. Im guessing his next victim. He already looked drunk, he was acting as if he was. She didnt like that, so she got up and left. He got up but he tripped down the stairs chasing after her. I heard her say something about Dead Man's Drink as she left. He is definitely going now. I regained my vision and had Kandrimme come back to me. Whisper was very hungry so she started walking over to a hay bail, so i waited there until it was time for me to go to Dead Man's Drink.

Tonight's the night. I walked into the bar and walked right to the furthest table from the door. It was also close to an empty room, perfect for what im going to do to Soran. I Kept Kandrimme circling the biulding so i can know when Soran is going to come in. As i waited there i observed everyone. Already stone drunk people are walking around yelling and tripping over each other. Some time later I saw Soran's girl come threw the door and get a bottle of whine. She sat at the table nearest to me, im not sure why but she was actually quiet a goodlooking girl so i wasnt complaining. Just then i felt something from Kandrimme. Soran walked into the bar tripping over himself all of the way back to hid girl. As he got closer i kicked a chair out infront of him so he fell on me. quickly knocked him out. I acted like he was drunk and just fell so i carried him into the empty room. I threw him onto the bed and waited for him to wake up. I got out my exacution knife and started to sharpen it. " Where am i?" he said with fear in his voice. I slowly walked up to him as he started to struggle and put my knife up to his throat. I whispered in his ear and said " In the darkest depth of Hell." and slowly cut his throat open. I got up and walked out of the room. His girl looked worried but i took my hood and cowl off as i sat down next to her and we continued our evening.

AS88

Staff member
    Specter of Death, you could do with trimming your sig down a little. Rayven tries to police it but doesn't really have a lot of chance. Yours and Blackdoom59 are both right on the edge of being acceptable.

It's purely so people don't have to scroll through more signature than text, or have screens full of images. Nice work, though.

AS88

Staff member

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    So what size is acceptable then. If I don't have one then I can't really change much.

Via Samsung GS4
    Not to mention I have never been told about a size limit on sigs. I know it should be reasonable, but mine was 3 times the size in the past of just plain text. That's why I did the.gif, so it could be all as one, and limit scrolling.

I don't mean to come across rude or anything. But it is a lot of work to create these things. And I have gotten 2 requests for one on the forums alone. So a size would be good. Thank you for telling me though. It's good to know that there is a limit.

Via Samsung GS4

AS88

Staff member
    So what size is acceptable then. If I don't have one then I can't really change much.

Via Samsung GS4
    Not to mention I have never been told about a size limit on sigs. I know it should be reasonable, but mine was 3 times the size in the past of just plain text. That's why I did the.gif, so it could be all as one, and limit scrolling.

I don't mean to come across rude or anything. But it is a lot of work to create these things. And I have gotten 2 requests for one on the forums alone. So a size would be good. Thank you for telling me though. It's good to know that there is a limit.

Via Samsung GS4

I don't believe there is a set size, but they shouldn't really be much bigger than mine. It's more just about being reasonable and thinking about the other users, although I do wish I could be more definitive.

I understand your concept and reasoning, they do look good, but it's just a matter of etiquette if you see what I mean. Some people like big sigs, some would prefer none whatsoever, so we have to try to cater for everyone.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I understand. I can see the issue with the size of Doom's Current. That's Why I made a smaller one. And why I am creating him another one. Similar to the one in mine. No bigger. But honestly, I have seen a lot bigger. I don't wish to argue with a moderator.

Via Samsung GS4

AS88

Staff member
    I understand. I can see the issue with the size of Doom's Current. That's Why I made a smaller one. And why I am creating him another one. Similar to the one in mine. No bigger. But honestly, I have seen a lot bigger. I don't wish to argue with a moderator.

Via Samsung GS4

Exactly, we're both on the same page. I've seen larger too, and many times I've asked people to reduce the size of things and it's never been an issue. Trust me, you're not being singled out here and if I see them the same size or bigger everyone gets the same treatment, especially in my little roleplaying pocket of the site.

Trim the sig down a little and there won't be any cause for any argument, I won't ask that you do it immediately, but I'd appreciate it if you trimmed it down in the near future. This is for future reference, too, with concern to the ones you're making for other people (which is great, btw).

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ok. I will trim it down. But, I do notice that your signature is a bit longer than mine. So I assume it is nothing with length. I am finding hard to understand the issue with my sigs. I have no problem resizing, I am trying to understand whether or not it is a length problem. Or a size problem. Or if the picture is destracting, or anything. But even so, a resize will be completed when I have the time.

Via Samsung GS4

AS88

Staff member
    Ok. I will trim it down. But, I do notice that your signature is a bit longer than mine. So I assume it is nothing with length. I am finding hard to understand the issue with my sigs. I have no problem resizing, I am trying to understand whether or not it is a length problem. Or a size problem. Or if the picture is destracting, or anything. But even so, a resize will be completed when I have the time.

Via Samsung GS4

Yeah, mine contains a lot more text, but it's the size that is the issue. I'd say that yours is roughly 50% larger than mine in size, top to bottom. The width of the image is fine, it fits within the boundaries of the post pretty nicely so that's no problem. Blackdoom's is almost the same size as yours, but because yours is animated, it makes it that much more imposing, so it almost looks larger to a further extent, if you see what I mean.

I love the concept though, and I understand that it must take a while to make them. I might even ask about the possibility of getting one myself if I join any more RPs :p

Bottom line is, we're all on the same side here, and it's my job to make the RP experience here as pleasant as possible for everyone with all viewpoints considered. Good luck with the RP guys, it looks promising and I'll be reading along once you get started.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ok. I can see that. Problem is, my co.puter access is pretty limited, and now that I have my new semester classes, my schedule is pretty chuck full. I will work on a resize, and when I can I will change it up.

Via Samsung GS4

AS88

Staff member
    Ok. I can see that. Problem is, my co.puter access is pretty limited, and now that I have my new semester classes, my schedule is pretty chuck full. I will work on a resize, and when I can I will change it up.

Via Samsung GS4

That's fine, I've just graduated from university so I know exactly what you're going through.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ok, so before I do change much, I will be completing Doom's 1st, to see if it works. Will about half the width down be ok, and mayber 3 quarters the length accross?

AS88

Staff member
    Ok, so before I do change much, I will be completing Doom's 1st, to see if it works. Will about half the width down be ok, and mayber 3 quarters the length accross?

Yeah, perfect.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ok. Great. I will get his done as fast as I can tonight, just as soon as I post a couple of things. And you can tell me what you think of it all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts