OOC Legends: Rise of Dinok (Recruiting & Discussion)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    The Dragon Crisis. But not as you may know it. The famed Dragonborn, Dovahkiin, and Savior of Tamriel failed. He fell to the hand of Alduin, who devoured his soul, and all the power with it.

This allowed Alduin to continue his dragon army, in order to take what their home used to be. They have countrol of most of Western Skyrim, as well as some Eastern High Rock, Hammerfell, and Northen Cyrodiil. Some Century old Rivals combined their forces to fight Alduin's Horde. Other's decided to yield to the creatures, in order to keep the peace. No matter how some tried, the Dragons still fight. Skyrim has become a battle ground, almost all who wished to survive, fought, served the horde, or fled the Northern Province. The other provinces in Tamriel are at peace even still. The Dominion of Summerset continues to pressure the Imperials to hand over the Imperial City. But they will not yield.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast (Finished): For Individual CC's Click on their names, or check the thread below
    {RECRUITING IS OVER}

Specter of Death - Varon Tharondiil:
    In a cave, located within the Reach, a man finds a book. One that speaks of his creators, and a man. A man he has never been told of. Braend 'On Dinok, the Specter of Death. This man wants to follow his creator's secrets, and discover who this, Dinok, is. He discovers clues, and gains answers from the Greybeards at the peak of High Hrothgar. Where he is told where to go for more answers. His path will take him deeper into the conspiracy of the destroyed Morag Tong, and places he should not be snooping around.

Thoron Ohtar'en'huine - Thoron Vonaeli:
    In the East, a man hunts for revenge. He searches for vengeance, and answers. But his search will lead him into a net of puzzles and riddles that he must solve in order to get what he wants. His prey is elusive, sneaky, and quiet. He hunts them down, only to find that there are more for him to kill. The more that he finds, the stronger they grow.

Heros On Both Sides - Yularous Flynn:
    In the south, a wanted man looks for his abducted son. He was overthrown, and betrayed. Only to return to his long since dead family. And the only fragment of his life missing. So he looks, searches. Only to get nowhere. He has found small pieces leading from place to place, but he finds that his search may be in vein. But will it?

Jo'rak Vandeni - Harth Valeri
    In the West, a man searches for answers. He questions who the family he didn't know was. And what happened to them. A shallow pool of evidense is all that he may find, but he may stumble into mor trouble than he originially bargained.

Blackdoom59 - Xorguk The Beast-Master
    An Orsimer considered useless in Orsimer standards. He searches for a valiant death, so he can be seen a great warrior, in the eyes of his kin, and Malacath. But at the end of it all, will his goal change?

NPC's (So Far) - Mysterious Woman (She Tends to Show up around Trouble), Barmaids/Tenders, Guards/Workers
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Discussion thread for the members of my upcoming RP, Legends: Rise of Dinok. This is going to be mainly a private thread with very few members, and I might be interested in accepting a few more. There are only 3 of us right now, and it will allow us to flow this RP the way we want to do so.

If you are interested in joining the RP, I am sorry to inform you that all applications will be denied, due to the start up of the RP already, and I don't want this thread to become to packed. For any other questions, just ask below.

For all Cast Members, Keep these things in mind:

1. Reputation points, and other means of encouragement help keep the Thread alive and thriving. So I encourage you to use them as often as possible!

2. I also dislike any use of OOC posts within the IC thread. Because that is what this thread is for! So pleas, no (OOC: It's the night now, so it's dark out.), it's not useful, and there is no need for it.

3. I will be making an RP Signature and Banner for this thread, and I encourage that members use it in there signature. It helps others check out all of our work, and make us all a lot better at writing.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    The premise of this RP shows extreme promise.

Am I to understand that the main objective of this is for everyone's set goal be accomplished, or will that be just so that everyone be acquainted with each other until the main event?

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Specter of Death, by the copyright laws of Skyrimforums page 67 paragraph 2, you are laid under arrest or stealing my RP idea, the intellectual propriety that is CwF. What say you in your defence?
    JK :D
    I wish I could join you, and maybe I will, but for now there are too many active RPs that I'm part of. Until then I'l stalk this RP, it seems you're doing an awesome job. Good luck comrade!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ha ha. Thanks Doom. This is what I meant when I asked you if Varon could take a leave in the Conquer RP. Truth be told, I wanted mine to be in an alternate Skyrim. And your set up is just perfect. There is a spot always reserved for ya!

Via Samsung GS4

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    And UnLonged, you are correct. The objectives of each character are meant to be accomplished in a unique way. That is why it is vital for everybody to discuss different ideas here, as well as ask any questions. =)

Via Samsung GS4

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ha. Ha.... NO.

It is in the same world as Conquer with fire. But totally different plot. Which is why my character Varon will be taking a slight absence In it soon. Let me know if you have ant questions Jo'rak. You too UnLonged

Via Samsung GS4

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    No. No to the Conquer with fire part. But hurting one's self is still frowned upon. Especially in Grandma's name!

Did I mention there are limited available slots. Maybe only one or 2. ;)

Via Samsung GS4

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Rexxar.jpg
    Xorguk The Beastmaster
    I have wondered alone for many years, yet sometimes even I grow weary of this endless solitude.
    Basic Information
    Name: Xorguk
    Alias: The Beastmaster, X, The Pagan
    Birth Place: Orsinium
    Birth Sign: Steed
    Birth Date: 13th of Rain's Hand
    Origin/Race: Orismer
    Class: Beserker | Beastmaster | Wanderer
    Laterality: Ambidextrous
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital Status: Single
    Properties: None, his home is wherever he lays camp
    Affiliations: The Orcish Strongholds, The Companions, Multiple Hunting Guilds
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Afflictions: None, besides his old age. Was formerly a werebear.
    Religion: Agnostic, with Malacath influence
    Patron Deity: Malacath
    Habits: Sharpening his axes, talking and interacting with animals
    Hobbies: Traveling, Exploring, Reading, Writing (in his journal)
    Family: None that he cares to remember
    Personality
    Xorguk is not very social, due to the fact that he spends little to no time near the other races of Tamriel. Although he is quite a man to talk with if you want to hear a good story.
    Positive Traits: Friendly, Tolerant, Easily Satisfied, Generous
    Negative Traits: Ill-Mannered, Competitive, Dangerously curious
    Dislikes: People that disagree with his lifestyle (especially orcs that do so), Wars
    Fears: Malacath, to an extent
    Aspirations: None
    Quirks: Scratches any surface he gets his hand on when he has nothing better to do
    Philosophy: Xorguk dosen't follow the Code of Malacath. If he did, he would have died when he was way younger, as old orcs are generally considered useless. He tries to remain a calm and tolerant person, he won't pick a fight with anyone unless directly provoked.
    Skills
    Master:
    One Handed: Xorguk trained his entire life with his two waraxes. Not many can say they fought him and survived, and there's about no one that can say they bested him.
    Archery: Xorguk's skills with a bow were always required for when he was hunting. He has equal training in Archery to an Elven master marksman.
    Expert:
    Light Armor/Heavy Armor: Xorguk uses a mixture of light and heavy armor, and he is most eficient doing so.
    Enchanting: Xorguk has picked up a lot of soul gems in his travels, and he finds enchanting fascinating. Although he will always feel like he's a poor enchanter, his enchanters are better then decent.
    Adept:
    Alchemy: Xorguk always picks flowers and ingredients that he finds. Thus he gained quite some skill as an alchemist.
    Smithing: He smiths his own armors from what he can get his hands on in the wilderness.
    Unarmed: Xorguk had his fair share of brawls, not only with humans but also with the animals. He is quite good at unarmed combat.
    Apprentice:
    Two Handed/Block: He has little training in two handed weapons, or blocking, however Xorguk knows a fair share.
    Free Running/Climbing: When he has to get to things quicker, running is his ally. He is decent at climbing and free runing, having quite good health and stamina.
    Health: Extraordinary
    Stamina: Above Average
    Magicka: Low
    Appearance
    Xorguk is very large, even for an orc. He looks quite intimidating, few people would want to anger him.
    Height: 6.8
    Weight: 117 kg
    Build: Muscular
    Hair Length: Long
    Hair Color: Black
    Facial hair:Clean Shaved
    Eye Color: Blue
    Scars: Multiple small scars all over his face and body.
    Warpaint: Scar Tatto on his left arm
    rexxar_by_tamplierpainter-d49q2su.jpg
    Gear
    Armor: Just like in the pic, however his chest is protected by a hard leather vest. He has an orcish shield tied to his back, which can't usually be seen because of the fur cloak.
    Weapons: His main weapons are his two axes - The Tamer and The Punisher(the punisher is the one he holds in his left hand in the pic). The tamer has a steal health enchantment, and the punisher a steal stanima. He also has two bows - an orcish longbow and a hunting shortbow. He only uses the longbown to hunt, and the shortbow is used in any other scenario.
    Misc: Xorguk's pet companion, Cripple, is a young bear that journeys along Xorguk and helps him in combat. Looks just like in the pic, except he has leather armor on his back and head.
    History/Biography
    Childhood: Xorguk was born and raised in Orsinium, the largest orcish stronghold out there. His father was the chief, and his mother was the first wife his father had. He learned the art of hunting, smithing, and fighting there. He lived by the code of Malacath, which he always questioned. He hated believing in something just because he was told to do so. That angered his father and the other orcs in the hold.
    Teenage: But Xorguk held strong to his lack of belief, even when he was a teenager. Most orcs disagreed with him, and treated him like an outcast. He didn't need the love of the orcs, for he had a special talent of talking to the wild animals, and taming them. He first started with the small birds, but larger beasts followed. When he was 17 one of his elders picked a fight on him, for not worshiping Malacath. The words they spitted upon eachother turned to fists, and the fists turned to axe. Out of anger, Xorguk killed his elder, and was cast out of Orsinium. But things were looking even more bad for him. He gained the title of "The Pagan", and he was banned from all orcish strongholds.
    Adult: So he took on a life of adventure, he became a lone wonderer, circling Tamriel and watching how the other races fared, while gazing his eyes upon the beutiful landscapes of the world. In his travels, he happened to meet a female elven hunter that shared his philosophy. They fell in love and traveled the world togather. That all ended on a sad day, where their hunting took to Elseweyr. There they confused one of the larger khajiit breeds with a wild animal, and while hunting it down, the khajiit rained upon the two with blades and arrows ready. Xorguk's love died, and his life was filled with sorrow. At the moment he thought that it was Malacath that punnished him for not respecting the code. So he tried to worship Malacath once more. The first and last thing he had to do was ending his life in combat, for at his age he was already considered old, and outlived his usefulness. He went around Tamriel and challenged strong individuals to fight and end his life.He fought many, from breton battle mages, to argonian assassins, to master redguard swordsmen. But no one was able to kill him. The closer he was to dying was when fighting an Altmer wizzard, that rained frost and fire on him. Still, Xorguk won. He then realised that Malacath isn't worth worshiping, when he was on the brink of losing his life against the altmer. So he took to hunting and traveling again, this time with his animal companions. He had seen all corners of Tamriel, and he wishes to go even further. With his old age, and with the time he spent hunting, rather than fighting, his skills diminished, he is but a shadow of his former self. But make no mistake, Xorguk is strong enough to defeat 3 giants with their own clubs.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Actually I do have a proper question now, will actions in CwF affect this one and vice versa? Since you talked about Cross RPing.

That would be cool as hell! We kill a dragon in Dawnstar here, and the chaps in CwF hear rumours how a dragon was butchered over there!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I would be more than happy with that. But seeing how CwF is Doom's RP that is partly up to him. It would make sense.

Doom what is Xorguk's purpose in the RP. His goal? And a peice of writing for my comrades here. =) Great CC, I read it when you posted it on the Character Profiles thread.

Via Samsung GS4

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I would be more than happy with that. But seeing how CwF is Doom's RP that is partly up to him. It would make sense.

Doom what is Xorguk's purpose in the RP. His goal? And a peice of writing for my comrades here. =) Great CC, I read it when you posted it on the Character Profiles thread.

Via Samsung GS4

Sure I'd like the RPs to cross over. However me and Jo might have to... <.< >.> spoil you :D. Nah, but there are slight problems. In my RP, the dragons only infest Western Skyrim, Nord Cyrodil/Hammerfel and western High Rock. Also in my RP, the dragonborn died recently, the sons of sword were formed a couple of weeks after his death. In your RP it's been 10 years after the dragon crysis (and if you want the 2 rps to cross, in those 10 years a lot of plops happen).

Xorguk has no goal. I'm thinking he's just traveling in Skyrim and starts venturing, meeting the rest of the guys.

As for the RP sample, I don't have one with Xorguk, he's one of my newest chars and I want to RP as him. But here's a sample nonetheless to see how I write in general

Winterhold, arguably the coldest hold of Skyrim. It is there, where the unbearable cold and the pure white snowflakes that drip from the sky haunt Garret. Little dose he know that something else haunts him as well. He is on his way back to Markarth hold, where his hideout is disguised as a cave for the eastern mountains that work as borders for High Rock and Skyrim.

He's walking slowly, trying to ignore the cold that can be felt even with a fur coat on his armor. The horse is there, walking along, bearing the ingredients Garret just bought from the college. The horse suffers little from the cold, but Garret has to take frost resistance potions once in a while. The snowstorm clouded his view, but he could still see two figures out in the distance, and as he walked towards them, he could notice how odd they looked - the fur coats they wore were abnormally large, and they covered almost the whole body. It was a miracle how they were able to see clearly. As Garret approached them his good eye spotted what those men truly where. He saw a small piece of armor that the cloak managed to reveal. And there was the symbol. A black hand. Garret swallowed dryly as a dagger was brought to his throat from someone behind him, and as his horse fell to a sharp arrow that hit its neck.

The figures in front of Garret took off the cloak to reveal their identity. There was no mistake in it, they were assassins for the dark brotherhood. They were a man and a woman. The man had a rather large battleaxe on his back, while the women had two sheathed ebony daggers. "Garret Rendon" the women's words were clear, although her tone didn't sound so intimidating, due to the low temperature that made her voice tremble. "There is someone that wishes to see you".

Garret's cunning would be his only tool in this situation. "I don't know any Garret, lass" The woman frowned and whistled, signaling the man behind him to grab Garret's throat with his arm, making Garret kneel. The women walked up closer to Garret, pulled out the hood from his head and then punched his face. Garret's right hand kept the man's arm in a strong grip, keeping him from holding Garret's throat to hard. His left hand was slowly reaching the boot, where he kept a hidden dagger.

"If you're not Garret then explain the scar on your eye!" she shouted. Garret let out a silent chuckle before replying "Well, there was this skeever infestation in my cellar. My wife told me to check it out countless times, but I never had the time. Have I told you about my wife? She's stunningly beautiful, just like you. You should get to know eacho-" his words were cut short by another fist from the woman. "Enough with this! Who do you think you're fooling? You're coming with us."
    Garret grabbed the dagger from his boot with his left palm, and he was ready to strike.
    "I don't think so lass", in an instant he threw the dagger to the man next to the woman. She quickly turned back to see what happened as he heard him scream "MY EYE!" , where Garret took out his sword and stabbed the man behind him in the chest. With haste he rolled backwards to dodge the arrow that nearly hit him.

The woman charged towards him with both of her arms extended so that the daggers would pierce Garret. He kicked her before she could hit him, however the daggers still wounded his leg a little. He got out his bow and shot the assassin in the distance. The scream of pain indicated that he in fact hit him. But before he could turn to the woman to finish her off, all he could see was the large man, with blood dripping from his busted eye, with his battleaxe up, ready to slice. Garret tried blocking with his sword while sidestepping away, however the battleaxe still wounded his left arm.

The woman got up from the ground, Garret couldn't handle both of them at once. He dripped the tip of his sword in a paralysis potion, and when the man tried to hit him again, Garret only needed to scratch the man's finger in order for him to fall on the ground. The woman however, was still there, and she awaited Garret to make a move. Garret briefly laughed before he started running opposite from her. She ran to catch him, but just when she got closer, Garret turned around and sliced one of her hands apart. She screamed in pain, releasing the dagger from the other hand. Her blood made the snow crimson. Garret took out his bow again and shot the man laying on the ground paralyzed, then grabbed the woman's throat, taking a intimidating persona. He smashed her body against a nearby tree.
    "Who hired you!?" he shouted. But the woman didn't respond. She passed out from the adrenaline rush she went through. Curse it...Garret searched her body and found a sealed, untouched note. Quite strange, it didn't show like the note was opened before, which means it didn't contain the orders for Garret's assassination.

"Garret

If you're reading this, it means you managed to kill the assassins. That was expected of you. I represent a group called the Blue Salvation, and we need your help on a more delicate mission. You're the man for this job. Meet me at the Nightgate inn, if you do as we say, we shall erase your name and make sure there won't be any other assassins on you. Decline our offer, and your identity and hideouts will be made public. The choice is yours"

Garret sighed as he red the note, but he had no choice. He went to the nightgate inn, his leg and arm still wounded. A man walked in right before him, going to a lone man.
    "I'm Stenet, I believe you requested me and my services."
    Garret waited for him to finish before he spoke.
    "You know who I am and why am here. Now, what do you want us to do?"

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Yes. I am aware of the obvious differences. I made it that way so it wasn't a complete rip off of CwF. I also wasn't very specific with the horde's infesting area. So nothing I can't change.

And as for his goal, he needs something. Anything. This story is meant to complete the needs of all characters, equally.

Via Samsung GS4

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Yes. I am aware of the obvious differences. I made it that way so it wasn't a complete rip off of CwF. I also wasn't very specific with the horde's infesting area. So nothing I can't change.

And as for his goal, he needs something. Anything. This story is meant to complete the needs of all characters, equally.

Via Samsung GS4

Anything? Ok.

He wishes to find a way to meet the daedric prince Malacath and ask him some question about the orismer. That works?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I will change anything needed when I have access to a comp. By the way. But I need some sort of goal. Maybe a search for his usefullness. Maybe he gets word of the horde, and hopes it will bring him an honorable death. But finds other uses for his life?

Via Samsung GS4

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I will change anything needed when I have access to a comp. By the way. But I need some sort of goal. Maybe a search for his usefullness. Maybe he gets word of the horde, and hopes it will bring him an honorable death. But finds other uses for his life?

Via Samsung GS4

Yeah that works. The honnorable death part.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ha ha. Ok. That works enough for me. I will add you to the cast pretty soon. Gotta get my families laptop again. But IDK when I will have access to it. XD

Via Samsung GS4

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts