"Legendary Skill" Question

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sothe Zephyr

Okay so on the long loading screens of Skyrim, I saw an interesting note at the bottom right.

It said that when a skills reaches 100 one can make it "Legendary" which resets it to 15 and gives all perk points back.......it basically says one can level indefinitely

SO - my question is.......if I get smithing to 100 then make it legendary, I lose all the smithing capabilities and just get to gain it to 100 again?

Thanks in advance!

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Okay so on the long loading screens of Skyrim, I saw an interesting note at the bottom right.

It said that when a skills reaches 100 one can make it "Legendary" which resets it to 15 and gives all perk points back.......it basically says one can level indefinitely

SO - my question is.......if I get smithing to 100 then make it legendary, I lose all the smithing capabilities and just get to gain it to 100 again?

Thanks in advance!
In a nutshell....yup. You're gonna hafta sit at a forge making leather helmets in perpetuity to get it all back up again.

The good news....you remember how fast and easy it was to get those little points up when your skills were at 15? It's just as easy after you make it legendary. Which makes it easier to level up.

JClarke1953

So, do I need to have my 3 char's collect mats for different skills? Can we still buy training, or is having the mats and making items easier?

Also, I've seen on my XBox that when I deny the so-called "patch" to install, my Internet connection is severed. Does this mean that even when/if I dl the patch, the connection will HAVE to be maintained, even if I don't prescribe to XBox Live year round?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
So, do I need to have my 3 char's collect mats for different skills? Can we still buy training, or is having the mats and making items easier?

Also, I've seen on my XBox that when I deny the so-called "patch" to install, my Internet connection is severed. Does this mean that even when/if I dl the patch, the connection will HAVE to be maintained, even if I don't prescribe to XBox Live year round?
Welp...that would really depend on your character build and playstyle. To my knowledge and experience, you should still be able to get skill points in the same usual ways. So if you wanna shell out the cash to train you can, or you can keep on smithing, that's entirely up to you.

As for the internet issue...to my knowledge, every time you sign on to the game when you have an internet connection, it will ask you to install the patch or it will boot you offline. Essentially, it's their sneaky backhand way of making you download the patch. However, you don't need to download it and you do not need an internet connection to play, all they're doing is essentially making you feel like the patch is a "necessity." Download it, don't download it, from a gameplay standpoint it really doesn't matter really, but if you do download it you will not need to maintain an internet connection to play.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

JClarke1953

Much thanks for the info. The entire patch and what I've read from other people's experience of it really had me worried.

I'm glad to read that I can collect mats or pay for training. Either or, I wonder if I'll have to do over the end quest's for Destruction (taking the book to various area's), Resto, and going down under into the Midden again or what?

Frankly, this old man is very confused/concerned at how far "back" my char's will be sent, and what will I have to have them do over again to level them back up, maybe past their current skill level's.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Much thanks for the info. The entire patch and what I've read from other people's experience of it really had me worried.

I'm glad to read that I can collect mats or pay for training. Either or, I wonder if I'll have to do over the end quest's for Destruction (taking the book to various area's), Resto, and going down under into the Midden again or what?

Frankly, this old man is very confused/concerned at how far "back" my char's will be sent, and what will I have to have them do over again to level them back up, maybe past their current skill level's.
I have yet to play a mage so I have no clue, but to my knowledge there were no "end quests" to get that 100th skill, so I'm not quite sure you are getting at. What making your skills "Legendary" does is just returns all the perks to you and resets the tree to 15. It doesn't "take your character back" (per se), it just makes them a touch weaker in that all the perks and added bonuses you had you no longer have anymore. The upside to this is that it makes the game a little more of a challenge, as you will find that your weapons will do less damage, your armour won't protect you as well and your spells will cost more magicka to cast. That is, until you get that skill tree perked back up. The advantage to this is that if you've already maxed out the skill, the chances are very likely that it's a skill you use very regularly, and your previous experience with it will make it relatively easy to get the perks back in no time.

I for one love it. There have been reports of bugs in it though, the only problem I had was last night when I tried Fus Ro Dah-ing a big bad draugr who picked that exact moment to Fus Ro Dah me back, and I found myself unable to draw a weapon or cast a spell or shout or anything. But reloading a prior save fixed it, so it was no biggie.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

JClarke1953

As far as the quest question, I just wondered if there were going to be quest's that were going to have to be repeated because of the nerfing of our char's. it's bad enough with the so many repeat one's from the Guild and Dark Brotherhood, and if your char is a Vamp Lord, the same thing.

So it's just mainly nerfing us, and then we just work back up again? But instead of jobs or quests, it's a lot of wash, lather, rinse and repeat?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
As far as the quest question, I just wondered if there were going to be quest's that were going to have to be repeated because of the nerfing of our char's. it's bad enough with the so many repeat one's from the Guild and Dark Brotherhood, and if your char is a Vamp Lord, the same thing.

So it's just mainly nerfing us, and then we just work back up again? But instead of jobs or quests, it's a lot of wash, lather, rinse and repeat?
Oh, you're talking about the radiant quests....the neverending quest loop that you do a thousand of just for the achievement (in the case of the Thieves Guild) or because wenching is expensive and you need the gold. No, the quests don't have to be repeated, unless again, you're short on cash, cause they sure are quick and easy ways to score some serious gold. The only thing that making skills Legendary affects is the skill itself. It has no effect on quest progression or giving you any new quests or anything like that. All it really does is add a new dynamic to gameplay, giving people like me who play Skyrim instead of doing homework and are starting to get bored a new way to build a character.

JClarke1953

Well, my 3rd char has knocked off Alduin, which is what I wanted to do before bringing the "patch" into my XBox.

I'm guessing to re-acquire all of my skill's, I'm going to have to go through all of them again? Lock picking, Sneaking, Smithing, Mining, Enchanting, Destruction, Conjuring etc?

Or is there something that is an "all-in-one" to cover any and all Skill point's?

I'm about ready to bring that "patch" in, but should I enchant item's first for Alchemy and whatever else I want my char's to level up with? I guess I've been reading too much on here about who does what, which has pretty near confused the grey matter between my ear's.

In other word's, I really don't know where to begin once I have the patch.

JClarke1953

Well I definitely have the patch, went to my Skill tree, went to Conjuring and pushed the "Y" button on my controller. It took out all of the perk points, and put them in the Perk's to increase box, which gave me 11. I was able to put one point back in, but the rest stay in the box. Do I just conjure stuff all day or what?

Will it be the same with Destruction and other abilities?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts