• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So far I have found three. One in the College of Winterhold Courtyard that actualy surprised me because I turned around and found myself looking into the eyes of the beast. One South East of Riften, near the entrance to Fort Dawnguard. And one in the middle of nowhere. They seem to be pretty rare, but they are fairly easy to beat, at least for a level 81 that is.

And if you didn't know, they can use both Fire and Ice breath, and they often start off with I believe it's called Soul Tear shout. Occasionaly they carry some Daedric or Dragonbone loot.
i this that but i keep getting an ancient dragon for elder dragon

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief

cH3Vo

I struggled for quite some time to find a Legendary Dragon myself! When I downloaded the Dawnguard DLC, I think my level was roughly in the high 50's to low 60's, because I made the critical mistake of getting stuck in a certain rut of fighting, using only Heavy Armor with Two Handed weapons for majority of the game, which is why I didn't level up much. When I completed Dawnguard, and unlocked all the related achievements, for both Vampire and Werewolf, I saw the achievement for "Legendary Dragon". I have over 1095 hours logged into the game, I've played the game on Master the whole time, and had over a 100 Dragon Souls, with ever Shout unlocked and completed. I kept encountering Revered Dragons, which was cool, cause it was a new Dragon type to fight, and they're a lot tougher than Ancient Dragons, but I never encountered a damn Legendary Dragon?!?!?! So I started fighting differently, using Light Armor, Magic, Pickpocketing, anything that would level me up.

Level 78 is definitely the magic level to encounter a Legendary Dragon, because with over a 1000 hours of gameplay, I never encountered a Legendary Dragon. After leveling up to 78, I was traveling on Shadowmere, and I suddenly saw a Dragon flying around and automatically assumed it was a Legendary Dragon! So I made a save, rendered the Dragon using the Dragonrend Shout, and it turned out to be a Revered Dragon! I was so pissed off! But one piece of valuable advice that I can give for anyone who's still looking for a Legendary Dragon to unlock the achievement/trophy is that you definitely have to be at least a level 78 to encounter one, and they can only be found in certain areas. They won't appear at any Dragon Altars, nor will you randomly encounter one through your travels. One place that I DEFINITELY know there's a Legendary Dragon, once you've leveled up to a 78 is Arcwind Point. Fast Travel there once you've leveled up to a 78, and I guarantee you, you'll find one, and boy are they tough as hell to beat, especially on Master!

If anyone hasn't discovered Arcwind Point yet, it's located west of the Autumwatch Tower Dragon Altar in the Rift, before Froki's Shack, and South of Haemar's Shame. It's a little hidden and can be a little tricky to find, if you haven't discovered it already, which luckily I had, before I even downloaded Dawnguard.

So I finally encounter my first Legendary Dragon at Arcwind Point, kill it my first try, it was the last achievement I had to unlock in the game, and all of a sudden, I notice that there's 5-6 new achievements, for a new DLC that I didn't know anything about, the Hearthfire DLC!?!?! You can buy plots of land, build and furnish your own house, adopt a child, sounds a little like Fable to me? So I finally thought I could shelf Skyrim, but I'm a completionist, so it looks like I'm downloading Hearthfire, to check it out, and unlock those achievements.

This is my first post, and I registered specifically to lend my advice on this topic. Sorry for the crazy long message, just wanted to be thorough, and hope it turns out useful for the players who haven't unlocked the "Legendary Dragon" achievement. Happy hunting! I'll probably be posting regularly now. Lol

Adam Warlock

At level 81 , Legendary Dragons now appear(Xbox) at Dragon altars as well as in random encounters in the wild.

One LD even attacked my Hearthfire home at Lakeview Manor and another within the city walls of Windhelm !
Sometimes the LD will also have a second dragon with it , last battle was with an LD and an Ancient Dragon at Lost Tongue Overlook

SaveVsBedWet

What's the name of the dragon who shows up when you do the Call Dragon shout? Odahviing or something like that? Does he level up with the rest of the dragons so that if you call him to get busy against a Revered or Legendary dragon he doesn't just fly in and get pelted with violence?

Every dragon I've called him in against has gotten mopped so far all the way up to Ancient, but that's at least partly because I end up dragging them to the floor and then Odahviing, Eola and myself simply bash their brains in. But I was just wondering if Odahviing is always going to show up a match for the dragon he's called in against.

Adam Warlock

Level 81 Master and he`s a match for a Revered or Legendary Dragon but it takes him a long , long time to beat them especially if they shout fire.
On one occasion he just gave up after a while and flew away.
To heighten the fun with Legendaries , I call Odahving and also summons Durnehviir to have two dragons fighting for me !
epic stuff

Hello Everyone! You Have To Be Level 78 Or Higher To Encounter Legendary Dragons! I've Encountered Many Legendary Dragons And Even Tamed My First One Over And Over Again! Not Only Was He My First Legendary Dragon, But My first Tamed Dragon In General! Just Had To Keep Going Back To The Dragon Lair After He Left My Service And Tamed Him Again And Again! I've Even Fought Other Legendary Dragons While Riding On Him! He Has Wrecked Every Single Dragon He's Come Across! Even All Those Legendary Dragons We've Fought! He's Never Died Either! Well Hope You Liked My Story About Taming My First Dragon (With The Dragonborn And Dawnguard DLCs Installed Of Course!)! Bye! Oh And By The Way, I Have All DLCs And I Play On Xbox 360 With All 3 Of Them! ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts