Laptop to Run Skyrim (wrong section?)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stone

Retired Moderator
The laptop will run Skyrim, however, whether it will run on Ultra or not is a hard question to answer. It's a quad-core, which is perfect. 6GB of RAM, which is absolutely fine.

I'd expect medium quality as the lowest it would handle. Should be able to run on High too, but once again I'm not overly sure on Ultra.

There's not a huge different between Medium-High and High-Ultra anyway so, I'd recommend buying it. Here are my system specifications just in-case you want to look for something else:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor @ 3.40GHz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6790
HDD: 600GB
RAM: 8GB

I run Skyrim on Ultra at 60FPS.

Thanks, I wanted to know because the reviews on there were a bit mixed and I don't want to risk it. I'll be buying that at the end of the month.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Thanks, I wanted to know because the reviews on there were a bit mixed and I don't want to risk it. I'll be buying that at the end of the month.
Have fun playing Skyrim on PC!

If you're not on a budget, however, I recommend buying a desktop as there upgradeble whereas you cannot upgrade any features of a laptop (apart from the OS)

Thanks, would you recommend the disk version or the Steam version? I have a very old internet connection, so the download would likely take 3-5 days.

Stone

Retired Moderator
In normal cases the Steam version, but if as you say your internet isn't very good then get the disk version so that you can install it faster. :-)

P.S: I play Civilization V too! I've only got around 18 playing hours on it on Steam, my savegame is China and I'm in 2050 and won the time victory with around 2.5k points. I was the most advanced player and had around 18 wonders. :p

Awesome! I've got about 30 hours clocked. When I started I went for a Domination Victory as Songhai (extra money when attacking cities) . You would not believe how much money there is to found in those random barb camps and city-states.

blade30p

Get any new Alienware laptop. They rock hard!

Sent from My Omega powered beast, using Xparent ICS

Get any new Alienware laptop. They rock hard!

Alienware is extremely over priced. That you be like buy a car for the price of a house. In fact, some of their computers are priced MORE than a used car. It is much easier to buy fro, Newegg.com, and not have to worry about being ripped off.

blade30p

I disagree, I paid £2400 for mine in 2006, it's still going strong, is dual core, runs Linux & windows 7 as dual boot, I've never needed to upgrade the 4gb of ram it came with same goes for the 1gb gfx card. It runs most, if not all games on extreme settings without waking up my neighbors. Best 2k I ever spent.

I disagree, I paid £2400 for mine in 2006, it's still going strong, is dual core, runs Linux & windows 7 as dual boot, I've never needed to upgrade the 4gb of ram it came with same goes for the 1gb gfx card. It runs most, if not all games on extreme settings without waking up my neighbors. Best 2k I ever spent.

You could have gotten the same thing for about 500-700 dollars less. They are still good computers, but as I said, their prices prey on people new to the market.

GayGoblin

I'm the One who Stole Your Sweetroll
Maybe I'm biased, but I'd recommend Toshiba Satellite's to anyone.

Mine only cost around $700 (not bad at all!) and he's quite the beast. However, when I went looking, I specifically went looking for a laptop focused on graphics - so I could work on digital art and play my games! Of course he can do anything any other laptop can do, but his graphics are superb.

Maybe I'm biased, but I'd recommend Toshiba Satellite's to anyone.

Mine only cost around $700 (not bad at all!) and he's quite the beast. However, when I went looking, I specifically went looking for a laptop focused on graphics - so I could work on digital art and play my games! Of course he can do anything any other laptop can do, but his graphics are superb.
Could you toss me a link? I'm pretty open minded as far as this goes, and I want to know my options.

GayGoblin

I'm the One who Stole Your Sweetroll

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts