kitchen or library? east wing house. and buying houses in cities.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
I am currently previously many weeks ago from now, built my Falkreath home with a garden and a greenhouse.

I have an alchemy lab as well with a armoury in Falkreath hold.Now I just want to spend my gold, as I have almost 50,000 gold to spend.

I want to buy houses all over skyrim, and properties in each major city.

But I want to wait until I get properly set up with all my equipment to make a good house.

I have a house also in whiterun.

I have 100% already by now built and established my Falkreath house with kids and a steward.

except a wife, I don't have a wife because they are a pain in the ass.

And I want a house in Windhelm and Falkreath and riften. But do not have enough gold yet.

Now I constructed my house near morthal, and it's just great!!!!!

I had all the gold for all the materials for the house.

So I constructed a library on the eastwing. Is a library pretty cool? does anybody here have a library in on there house?

But I am investing in a kitchen next....so a kitchen is worth the deal?? what can you do in a kitchen?explain...

Wildroses

The kitchen wing is the only place in vanilla Skyrim which gives you an oven and access to lots of new recipes. They aren't that game breakingly powerful or useful, it's primary value for me is more for roleplay purposes. The kitchen is attractive and full of food stuff, but that's about it.

EDIT: Not that that is bad. I actually always pick the kitchen because I think it makes the house feel more homey, and I like making treats for my kids.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I normally choose the greenhouse over the Library but it's also a good choice if you collect books. I like the kitchen but as wildroses said it's mainly for roleplaying purposes and there's no particularly amazing recipes. It's my favourite addition on that wing though.

MaraRose

I have the library. Personally, i like to collect the books so the library was the logical choice, but i also use alot of potions, and the kitchen is a good option for players that dont have a very high alchemy level. but, if i were you, i would chose the library. you already have one fire place with a spit to cook food inside the house anyway:)

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I have the library. Personally, i like to collect the books so the library was the logical choice, but i also use alot of potions, and the kitchen is a good option for players that dont have a very high alchemy level. but, if i were you, i would chose the library. you already have one fire place with a spit to cook food inside the house anyway:)
Isn't the library on the west wing? I'm sure it's library, bedroom or greenhouse. Then north wing is trophy room, storage or alchemy tower, east wing is kitchen, enchanting tower or armoury.
If your into alchemy the greenhouse is a must imo, very useful having all those plants, it's the biggest moneymaker in the game too, easy to make 200,000 septims an hour.
I like to have a house just for alchemy as i'm a big fan of alchemy, normally I go with greenhouse, alchemy tower, kitchen.

MaraRose

yes the library is on the west wing. i always pick it over the kitchen. i usually go with the extra bedroom, the library and the show room.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Ah i got mixed up, it's actually enchanting tower, bedrooms and greenhouse on the west and library, armoury and kitchen on the east.

No love for the greenhouse? It's amazing, the best wing by far imo, it let's you have 18 spaces to plant, with plants staying permanently unless replaced and they give 3-5 plants every 2 days, thats a max of 90 ingredients every 2 days, even more if you use the garden too, add this to the windstad manor with the fish hatchery and it's perfect for an alchemist.

MaraRose

i was just gonna say that i was just playing and i made a mistake, that the library was on the east lol.

and i havent really tried the greenhouse. i might build another house just for that, but idk. i hate how long building a damn house takes lol

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
i was just gonna say that i was just playing and i made a mistake, that the library was on the east lol.

and i havent really tried the greenhouse. i might build another house just for that, but idk. i hate how long building a damn house takes lol
I often build a second home just up to the greenhouse wing and I only furnish the greenhouse and add the garden and alchemy table in the main hall.
Then I use that house to make money, I average between 200-300,000 septims in 1 hour, if you want to see how check out my guide for easy gold :D http://skyrimforum.com/threads/tips-to-level-alchemy-and-make-easy-gold.20633/

sticky runes

I think the library is also a tower (like the alchemy and enchanting labs), in case you'd like to have a nice view of the surrounding countryside.

Greenhouse is my favourite out of all the rooms. Good thing about greenhouses and gardens is that they produce more than 1 of each ingredient that you plant, so it means you can finish those tedious gathering quests for Ingun and Sarethi a hell of a lot faster. With my sorceress character, I'd like to have a greenhouse for all of my houses, but I think it might prevent me from adopting kids, because I won't be able to have a room for them.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I think the library is also a tower (like the alchemy and enchanting labs), in case you'd like to have a nice view of the surrounding countryside.

Greenhouse is my favourite out of all the rooms. Good thing about greenhouses and gardens is that they produce more than 1 of each ingredient that you plant, so it means you can finish those tedious gathering quests for Ingun and Sarethi a hell of a lot faster. With my sorceress character, I'd like to have a greenhouse for all of my houses, but I think it might prevent me from adopting kids, because I won't be able to have a room for them.
With just the main hall you can add a double bed and 2 single beds which is enough to adopt 2 children, bards/stewards/housecarls don't need their own beds. So you can still have any wings that you want.

jonathan90

well known member
Well I have constructed my hatchery in Morthal hold. And I have also built my greenhouse in Falkreath hold.

And in the last house I will build, I am making a kitchen on east wing, and west wing making a enchanting tower.

So I started a new nord character on my other account , and he will be a builder and craftsman.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts