• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Hime

The Mighty Lurk Queen
    It has long been foretold that our world is seeped in hate and sorrow. Linness is a land of misery, corruption and war. Five great countries exist, warring for power and glory. The east, an unfathomable forest filled with wildlife mostly undiscovered and untamed by man, guarded by the merciless silver-haired elves. The west, a country where only the strong survive. The southwest, a forever warring land devoid of life other than humans. But in the southeastern island, no cares are to be found. Our story begins far to the north, in a small but prosperous land of Emballis. There isn't a day that goes by that the tale of a legendary war against the Crimson King. Much was lost but the victory was great. Dissent is deep within the great kingdom and the land is in turmoil with so many wishing to grab the power of the flourishing land. It may very well be the end of Emballis and its city of progress, Heltbarrow. But the end, there may be some flicker of darkness that start the flame of chaos. It will not end until the whole world is consumed or twisted. Very well sensing this danger, the king of Emballis calls forth only the most brave warriors to discover the source of this ancient evil.

Call forth your heroes to answer the call!

This is a fantasy roleplay. For those of you who have need of a good story for your character to be tested in, this is your chance. If you have an Elder Scrolls character you wish to use or a custom race, this is also the place. Magic users are also welcome, but please note in the CC every spell you would use. This lets me know if a spell is too powerful for the roleplay. If you do have a particularly large spell, your character must have the skill as well as time along with invocations and the like, as a basic heads up. Anything goes as long as it's within reason.

The five countries are as listed along with their details:

Emballis: Once a great land slowly whittled away as time has past. They value the great hero that founded the land, the Guardian Saint Matthias. Its a great shipping country with a large harbor city, which is the beginning of the great trading route. Most of the citizen have traits of dark eyes and hair.

Thaneelis: The land with a sea of trees, guarded carefully by the silver-haired elves. It it inhabited by overly large animals as well as dangerous plants. The main city is hosted on a great gorge, with homes carved into the cliffs. All elves bear the same color of sliver hair but eye color is often earthy tones like olive or brown. There are few humans allowed to stay there, mainly being the disciples of the Lightbringer (Any elves born within Thaneelis MUST have silver hair. If you wish a different type, this would go under the Outlanders. Specify origin if need be.)

Ducreid: A merchant land mostly covered by barren dessert. Their skin is characteristically dark as well as their hair and eyes. The central was said to have been lost in time, and buried in the sand due to a greedy king who did this to defend his land from the war-like southerners of Surina, who attempted to invade and take over. Much of its ancient histories and sciences have been lost with the great temple of the Forgotton Saint. Some believe it is simply sunken down and protected somehow. There are even wild stories that the bred dragons within its wall but it is simple speculation. The rest of the country is rather down to earth, though they have a fierce civilian military standing guard at all times.

Surina: Once a rich land seeped in luck and happiness. When a young prince took the throne, many say the warrior saint blessed him and his descendants with power and it warped the land. It now remains as a terrible land, gnarled just as the hearts of the ill-tempered yet beautiful people that inhabit it. The line of royalty has been broken into a great civil war for many years, one wishing to cast down the weak while the other wishing to cast aside their terrible ways. The people bear light hair of blond, red or orange and they also have bright colored eyes ranging from blues to bright greens.

Arris: A peaceful island just off the coast of Surina. They say that the people of Arris dug a channel to prevent their land from decaying like their close neighbors. Despite the fact that a warring country is quite close, it is a gentle land mostly lead by herders and tradesmen. It's ports do contain a number of Outlanders along the coast. Farther in you would never have to worry, but the harbor towns can be filled with thieves and slavetraders just like any other port.

Other: The distant lands across the seas are evermore exploring, and most do discover Linness. Home to pirates, merchants and foreigners alike, one would find the ports to be a place to meet those from many different countries. Those born of Linness simply know these people as Outlanders. (Custom races may include beings from any series you can imagine, so long as it follows the general medieval fantasy genre, ie Skyrim. Specify origin if need be.)

If from the world of Linness, you MUST follow the race guidelines unless they are not pureblooded. Mixes of the races are permitted, whether within the people of Linness or with Outlanders.

You are all free to ask any questions, but I won't spoil the plot of the story. You all are discovering this along with those who wish to read our adventure, and I would rather you get the ominous mystery of it all just the same.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
    I'm interested! I might need help tho..

Hime

The Mighty Lurk Queen
    No worries, Nyo. You were far better than I when you first started, so I know you catch on quickly. Ask any questions you need, but the story remains a secret.

Alexstrasza

Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire
    "Ever go to those islands a hundred leagues off the eastern coast? Strange people live there." - A free trader from Arris speaking on the Kossith.

Name: Maraas (Qunlat for nothing/alone)
    Sex: Female

Race: Outsider/Kossith

Ranking: Saarebas (magic user)

Religion: Loosely Qun

Appearance:
    qunari_by_itsdozo-d5zebb8.png

Height: 7' 4"

Weight: 190 lbs

Weapons/Armor/Abilities:
    making_the_staff_of_parthalan_by_cosplay4usall-d521yek.jpg

Asaara - Meaning Wind, A long bladed staff.

Has no armor, what is in appearance is what she wears (besides dark green cloak)

Is able to stand toxins and poisonous air longer then other species (will still kill if in for too long)

Blood Magic- Able to use blood to amplify various spells or to cast spells in the Blood Magic school; Example- Use blood to create small BBs that speed towards enemies. To be truly effective Blood Magic takes a long preparation time so on the battlefield use is pointless beyond short time and weak spells.

Fire-based Magic: Able to cast fire balls, create small flames to light things with (think a finger snap lighter) Able to create small walls of fire when in need.

Able to use blade end of staff as a spear.

Personality: Rather quiet unless spoken to directly to while in public. Questions many things about the daily life of Linness. Quick to get into a fight, even if its a small time brawl. Rather ends arguments with a fireball then with words. Dislikes her ability to use blood magic but feels forced to do so. More open to talking when with allies or trusted people. Tends to act like a teenage girl when around men who show interest.

Bio: Maraas was cursed at birth, by curse, by magic. Magic in Kossith society was seen as the lowest of sins and most children were killed if they are unable to control it. Maraas was bound to a handler who used her as his personal bodyguard, killing unwanted visitors or frying a greedy free trader. His hold over her was absolute, various seals were placed on a brace around her neck and jaw that was crush them if she disobeyed.

When the war with the southern tribes came, Maraas and her handler were put on the front line. Her handler was killed when a tribal arrow pierced through his helmet. She saw her chance during the chaos and grabbed the rod that controlled her. Placing one end to a large carved seal on the front, the brace fell off, giving her freedom.

Carving a path with both her skills with her staff and fire, she made her way to small ship. Casting off shore, she made her way out to sea. Weeks passed and Maraas floated at sea with nothing to eat or drink. She was saved by a few fishermen that came upon the boat, saving her from death and nursing her back to health.

They took Maraas to a port city on the coast of Arris, where they parted ways.

Quirks/extras: Can speak both Qunlat and the common language of the main land. Can't stand the smell of raw beef. Has a tough time getting over past life.

Last edited:

Hime

The Mighty Lurk Queen
    Sorry for not being about the last few days. I've been out with a cold and my BFF just got back in contact with me. I was using my two days off to catch up and sadly her home is out of internet until the Google Fiber trails start. But I'll stop by when I can.
    Under the thread news, I've had quite an idea, but nothing I can share as of yet. Hopefully more will join as time goes on. Bit of a writers block as to how to start off but I have a foggy idea.

Worry not, Specter. I might let someone in later on in the story, but I always welcome readers.
    And to Alex, I must as who did your wonderful character art. She's quite interesting but you left her personality info off so I can't get a good fix on her. I usually like to give quite a chunk of information on my character's mannerisms down to the detail of how they like to speak. Still, I haven't given you all information regarding the story, so I have high hopes to get to know her within the story (as well as if the artist will consider doing art for Nephele, my character for this rp. Her pic was kinda knicked off the web and I feel bad for stealing art always.)
    Everyone else, take your time with your characters but please keep me in the know of how it's going.

Alexstrasza

No problem :p I read through most of it and alot of it threw me off as well. Its been a long time *cough* two years *cough* since I've been involved in any real RPing so I'll fix some mistakes and work on both the personality and bio.

The artist was http://flffnariel.deviantart.com/

She does amazing art.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Sorry for not being about the last few days. I've been out with a cold and my BFF just got back in contact with me. I was using my two days off to catch up and sadly her home is out of internet until the Google Fiber trails start. But I'll stop by when I can.
    Under the thread news, I've had quite an idea, but nothing I can share as of yet. Hopefully more will join as time goes on. Bit of a writers block as to how to start off but I have a foggy idea.

Worry not, Specter. I might let someone in later on in the story, but I always welcome readers.
    And to Alex, I must as who did your wonderful character art. She's quite interesting but you left her personality info off so I can't get a good fix on her. I usually like to give quite a chunk of information on my character's mannerisms down to the detail of how they like to speak. Still, I haven't given you all information regarding the story, so I have high hopes to get to know her within the story (as well as if the artist will consider doing art for Nephele, my character for this rp. Her pic was kinda knicked off the web and I feel bad for stealing art always.)
    Everyone else, take your time with your characters but please keep me in the know of how it's going.
    I would ask you to consider leaving some aspects of the characters more open ended. The Character Cards have their greatest potential as guidelines. Some writers develop their character more naturally during the narrative.

Alexstrasza

;) Dragon Age race rip-off FTW!

And a 30 pounder is fairly light for them.. *i would think*

Considering one of the race's leaders carries a two 2-handed weapons and uses them dual wield

arishok_zpscd7adfc4.png

Staff member
    It's just the heaviest ceremonial swords are around 6kgs in rl, and that's on the higher side of the scale xD 30 pounds is quite a jump, but it's fantasy, so what are ya' gonna do?

Alexstrasza

That's why I wish Bioware could be more exact with weapon weight! I might change it to a spear of some sort.. Might end up completely rewriting 90%. Hmmm..

Staff member
    That's why I wish Bioware could be more exact with weapon weight! I might change it to a spear of some sort.. Might end up completely rewriting 90%. Hmmm..
    Don't stress it too much.

Staff member
    I'd definitely like a spot. I would prefer to do a fighter(melee focused) type character, if that's okay. Though I imagine there are going to be lots of fighters coming trough...

Alexstrasza

I'd definitely like a spot. I would prefer to do a fighter(melee focused) type character, if that's okay. Though I imagine there are going to be lots of fighters coming trough...
    Lol don't worry changing my girl over to a mage-based ;)

Staff member
    Best to use the CC as a guideline and develop it more naturally, imo.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts